Ok, I have a problem...

sorabji.com: I need advice: Ok, I have a problem...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Dani on Saturday, October 10, 1998 - 01:22 am:

Usually I can work through my own problems but I am having a really hard time with this. I moved here to Florida (as you all know) about 5 months ago. I kinda fell into this job I am at but now I have to basically make a choice between my job and my family. I took this job to help out the people that own the business just until they found a permanent, full time person. Well, almost 5 months later, I'm still there. I started out cooking in the kitchen 3 nights a week. Then, I ended up bartending and cooking about 4 nights a week. Before I knew it, I was bartending 6 nights a week like I'm doing now. I do all the ordering and all the receiving as well as serve all the drunks their booze. So, heres the problem...being that I work 6 nights a week, my husband takes care of our daughter every night. Well, I find out yesterday that my daughters homework is not being done properly. So I go to her teacher for a meeting and the teacher and I both realize that hubby is doing the best he can. But it's not quite good enough. So, naturally, I cant give him any shit because he's trying his hardest. So the teacher told me that I should start working days. But I cant. I've kept this job all this time because I love having my independence. I know that I'm actually working my ass off and making my own money instead of always relying on hubby. He totally hates the fact that I work full time after 11 years but it makes me feel good. Makes me feel independant. I feel stronger than ever...mentally. So now I have to do the right thing and be a good Mom..which means losing my job and all the independence that comes with it. It's not the money I make because every week when I get my paycheck, it goes into a savings account that I opened for my daughter. I usually dont open up like this but I would really appreciate some opinions...

By R.C. on Saturday, October 10, 1998 - 01:56 am:

Dani -- who says you have to quite yr job in order to tend to yr daughter's needs? They obviously need you more than you need them -- so let YOUR needs be known! Tell them if you're going to be managing the bar/restaurant (which is apparently what you've been doing for the last 5 mos.) then you need more flexibility in terms of your hrs. If you're coming in during the afternoons to cook & handle the supply orders/ tell them you've gotta leave in time to be home when yr daughter gets off from school/so you can help her w/her homework/& then you'll come back later @ 8:00 or so. (I assume she's young enuf to have an early bedtime.) Go over her homework with her/fix her some dinner/take an hour for yrself to cool out & regroup while yr husband puts her to bed/then go back to the bar in time for the evening crowd. Daddy can watch the kids until you close up the bar & come home. And quit doing kitchen detail! The real $$ comes from working behind the bar/not slinging conch fritters. If the need a cook/let 'em hire one.

By Dani on Saturday, October 10, 1998 - 09:56 pm:

See, they cant find any full time permanent people to work there because truthfully, the General manager and the owner are ignorant slobs who dont know how to treat employees. I get along fine with them because they need me...I dont need them. It dont matter what I do there because I'm now on salary..plus whatever I do behind the bar is mine too so whether I'm doin' the bar or the kitchen, it's the same. I only do salads in the kitchen because I got this Greek crack head dude doing all the real cooking. If I do continue to work there, I have to work 6 nights a week. Mike, the General manager works all day so I'm needed at night. If they could find people to work there a few nights a week, that would be perfect for me but we keep putting ads in the paper for help and then people come in for interviews and they get scared off by the way they are treated. And I dont have the heart to leave them totally high and dry but I'm gonna have to because I gotta make sure my daughter is doing good in school 'cause that has to come first. I talked to a Girl today who said she might be interested in working some nights so I warned Mike tonight that when she comes in for an interview, he better kiss her ass or I'm outta there. I'll find out Monday if she takes the job. Plus, Mike said that if I wanted to a couple days instead of nights that he would be ok with it. So, with any kinda luck, it will all work out. It all boils down to this really...if they had a full staff, I could pick and choose my own hours. I'm crossing my fingers that this girl takes the job Monday. Then I could be home each night by 7:00pm and do Kim's homework with her and put her to bed again like I've done for the last 7 years. These last 5 months, I've missed putting her to bed each night. Dont get me wrong, hubby is great with her. Those 2 are inseperable. Best father a little girl could ask for but he's not all that bright when it comes to making sure her homework is done properly. Swimming in the pool and taking bike rides are more important than making sure her shit is done right. If this girl dont take the job Monday, I'm outta there..no other choice. We'll see I guess. Thanks R.C. for your advise..

By R.C. on Sunday, October 11, 1998 - 12:30 am:

Y'know what Dani? This AOL lock-out b.s. is making it entirely to difficult for me to post to the boards. You are obviously in a lot of pain & reaching out -- which is rare for you. But after 20 min. of reading & posting msgs. to other boards with no problem/& spending 10 min. typing a response to you/I'm suddenly locked out again! When I go to the backdoor/it says it's Open -- but for some reason/I can't post. So I try to Close the door & reopen it/& of course/ it takes forever for the response to register. Now I can't Close the backdoor or Open it/so I'm stuck -- this post probably won't take either. If I & all the other AOLers have to be treated like fucking field niggers trying to sneak into the back door of massa's house/what's the point? This is supposed to be a free speech space. Yeah/it's Mark's mansion -- but he shd either let everyone in -- come what may -- or make it a password- protected site & give each of us who are cool with him an access code/rather than making AOL users jump thru hoops & sneak in thru back doors which slam shut for no damn reason/while everyone else can post with no problems. I can't be bothered anymore -- I'll just e-mail you. Hang in there -- I've got some resources for you to check out.

By Dani on Sunday, October 11, 1998 - 08:25 pm:

This site was fine just the way it was in my opinion. Why he fucks with it the way he does is beyond me for sure. Yeah yeah yeah, so he does all the work to it and pays for it..the price we pay for wanting a web page on the net. Nothin' in life is free and all things need maintenance. Welcome to reality. Maybe he gets off on taking something away from people that really enjoyed it. So what if people say some shit he or others dont like...grow up, ignore it, and get over it.
    Anyway, I will get through all my shit for sure R.C. Time heals all wounds and I have plenty of time. I have created all my own problems and I'll be the one to fix them. Life is all about learning from your own mistakes and I have certainly learned alot. Thanks R.C. for caring...really meant alot to me. Now, cross all your fingers and all your toes and hope that this girl takes the job tomorrow..then I'm good to go!!!

By Mcurly on Monday, October 12, 1998 - 03:41 pm:

Dani,
    Is there a reason why you cannot work during the days? Or start working after your daughter goes to sleep?

By Dani on Monday, October 12, 1998 - 05:04 pm:

Samantha took the job today and I can start training her this week and then she'll work a few nights a week for me and I can start working more days!!!! Thank you!!!

By Zachary b on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 02:17 am:

hey people i am 14 year old male i have a problem with my sex life. Ok my friend corey and me have been friend's for 7 years. And now i wannta try gay sex with him. We shower togheter like we have for 7 years butt never touch each other cocks and masterbate in front of each other and sleep in the sam bed when he stayes over. Butt i wannta try something new with him butt i do not know how to ask him i wannta try it with him because we feel normal being naked and masterbate in front of each other i like sex with ladies i have done uit 2 with the same gurl. Butt i wannta try a guy i wannta fuck him up the ass hole and suck his dick and want him to do the sam cuz we ever compare size which we are the same size 4 3/4 inches so what should i do and how should i tell him and ask him??

By The Watcher on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 05:43 pm:

Zachary;

You are to young to be even thinking about this.

Why in the world would you even think to post such a thing on the Internet. Especially with all the perverts there are in cyberspace.

You are obviously a product of our public schools. And, either very naive or a vice cop trolling for perverts.

In either case you came to the wrong place here in sorabji land.

By Mother fucker on Thursday, December 18, 2003 - 12:12 am:

I have a fucking solution man..... here ince you are fat as fuck why dont you drink fat free water so you dont become 400000 pounds asshole and oh by the way I dunno if anybdody told you but I fucked your whole family yesterday niteee sun of a bitch

By semillama on Thursday, December 18, 2003 - 10:30 am:

boy you told that person! I bet that gave you an erection.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact