Long distance relationships

sorabji.com: I need advice: Long distance relationships
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Skachick on Tuesday, July 13, 1999 - 11:52 pm:

Okay..... so here is my situation:

Do any of you have that image of your soulmate in your head? Do you have those dreams of the "perfect" mate? I have always had this image in my head and in a way it's kind of bad. I have always compared guys to the image and it's made me quite picky. Well, I am young, I just graduated high school and I am going away to college soon. So now that you have heard my introduction:

Two days after I graduated I went on a trip with family and friends. This is where I met the guy. He is a friend of my cousin's friend. I began the week knowing that this was just a vacation fling. In six days I would go home and put it behind me. But as the week went on I got so wrapped up in him that I forgot home and when I remembered it, it was the last place I wanted to be. He said he'd visit and I (being a negative person) said yeah right. He said he'd call and I responded the same. You see, he lives 6 hours away from me and everyone knows that longdistance relationships don't work. But to prove himself right that he would visit, he got on the phone and got plane tickets. Within two days after I got home from the trip, he was there. We spent another week together and then he was gone. It's been a week and a half since he left and we haven't had a real conversation. He is impossible to get a hold of. He calls every once and a while and then has to go. I know the logical thing to do would be to just give up but I have hope that it'll work out because I am going to be going to college 2 hours from him. I really like him and I don't want to let him go. His mom has also been in the hospital and this could be the main reason that I haven't been able to talk to him.

My reason for posting this is because I need help on what to do. Should I just give up? Should I keep trying? I could visit him right now and he knows that. All he has to do is just say the word and I am there. But he hasn't said it.

By Waffleboy on Wednesday, July 14, 1999 - 12:20 pm:

Don't get to wrapped up in it honey! As much as you hate to hear this, you are only 18 (17 or 19 i am guessing here). You don't want to meet your love of your life at that age. I speak from experience, BUT I AM LUCKY!!!!!!! I had my heart broke at 18 in a "long distance" (1 1/2 hours drive)relationship. I cried to my MAMA for the first time since i was pissin in diapers. (oi vey the sorabji fellas are gonna get me for that one). Strangely enough I met my wife with in the next year and I have been with her for 5 years now. At times I think I screwed up, overall, i think I made a risky but wise decision. I can say, if he ain't callin, if he ain't comin around do not waste your energy. Boys are crazy for girls, if they are into a girl they will do the craziest damn things to get to them. I missed so many classes to drive back and be with my girl who was still in high school and I was in my first year of college. If I may be blunt guys with pussy (especially on the girl they love) on the brain they are nuts, they are crazy and they will almost kill to get to it. If he knowsthat all he has to do is "say the word" but he isn't saying it, move on, enjoy your summer and let me tell you, enjoy college. Some of the best lays are had in college. The blind sided, runaway freight train lifestyle of college can be an exhilierating experience. Don't miss out, and sometimes I feel I may have missed out, bu then I turn to my wife and smile.....

By J on Wednesday, July 14, 1999 - 01:46 pm:

I met my husband when I was 16,he,s 4 years older than me,he was going to A.S.U.,he,s from Chicago,his girlfriend came out here too and was going to A.S.U. too.I was living with 3 guys who were going to A.S.U. also.When I met him,that,s another long story,I wondered after a while,why we mostly just hung out at his apt.,found out about her at a party.We were all pretty tanked,I was sitting on the floor playing cards with Little Buddy(he,s a shrink now and thats so scarey)and this bitch kept like walking past me and kicking me. At first I thought she was drunk and it was an accident,so I let it go,but after the third time,it was on,I got up, followed her and kicked the shit right out of her left knee which buckled and Ho-Down.To make a long story short,they made her leave,Little Buddy spilled the beans.I acted like I didn,t know what was up and I went home,he calld me first thing in the morning and I told him to fuck off,by the end of the day I already had a date with another guy I was seeing (he-he).My room mates were all out of town for spring break.My husband showed up drunk with his friend Guss and I was beating them with a piece of driftwood,finally got the door shut and locked,and climbed out the bathroom window to meet my date.Where was I going here?He might have a girlfriend,it might be cause his mom,s sick,if it,s meant to be it will be.But keep your eyes open for some hot boy action where you live,it can happen.

By Markus on Thursday, July 15, 1999 - 06:48 pm:

Whether we "get" Waffles depends more on when he stopped pissing in diapers.

First thing to do is get rid of that "soul mate" crap in your head. It's just going to warp you and ruin otherwise fine relationships. To be frank, you don't yet know squat about the world, guys, or yourself, so just be open minded.

By Diaperless waffles on Thursday, July 15, 1999 - 07:04 pm:

uhhhhhh i am trying with that one Markus, really I am.............you may "get" me all you like, but you might be proud to know i stopped a pissin in diapers last year (standin proud with hands on hips, chest out, goofy crooked smile)

By Wavydave on Thursday, July 15, 1999 - 08:58 pm:

My .02: You're still relatively young. There are still plenty of great guys out there. There's sooooo much going to happen to you at college. You will meet lots of new, weird and interesting people. You will play with lots of new ideas and have some wild experiences. And it will change you.
    For that reason, I'd say it's wise to wait to settle down.

By Skachick on Friday, July 16, 1999 - 11:32 pm:

Well..... I talked to him today and he wants me to visit him. I think I am going to. I have decided to just let it go and have fun with it. If we stay friends through college then great, then I'll re-evaluate. But for now...... we'll see what happens.

Thanks for your input.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact