People have decided for me for so long...

sorabji.com: I need advice: People have decided for me for so long...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Bell_jar on Thursday, April 13, 2000 - 02:41 pm:

so there is a boy. i don't want anything serious. i just want to you know... be around someone in that lovey way. not necessarily sex. probably not. i had a dream about him the other night, and then i saw him today. funny thing is that i haven't thought of him in months and months before the dream. he'll graduate soon... this is good because he won't be around too long, so things won't get too serious. what am i saying. i haven't even called him yet. he may so no... if he does... it won't matter too much. should i? or will it be another huge blow to my already beaten self-esteem.

By Nate on Thursday, April 13, 2000 - 05:07 pm:

jesus. all men want is sex. period. if you're entering into something knowing you'll be out of it before sex, you're leading the poor soul on.

you're evil.

be ashamed.

By patrick on Thursday, April 13, 2000 - 06:31 pm:

nate, as much as I agree with you about the (what I view as)crulety of nature and evolution on the male species...i think it's dangerous that the point be perpetuated that we are nothing but hump-leg sex feinds. I cannot deny what my body wants (muchless when my mind follows)but it seems too often that we are reduced to this and this alone.

no repsonse needed, got other issues on my mind, just thought i would mention it.

By Nate on Thursday, April 13, 2000 - 06:38 pm:

i'm not saying that we're nothing but hump-leg sex fiends. but it is a weakness of the gender. a weakness that is often used to control us.

By patrick on Thursday, April 13, 2000 - 07:05 pm:

i agree, and i suppose resent that

By mistaswine on Thursday, April 13, 2000 - 07:45 pm:

the answer?

drink heavily.

being too drunk to fuck is the great equalizer.

By patrick on Thursday, April 13, 2000 - 08:10 pm:

that won't work. far too often you have to endure a period of heightened libido whilst on your way to shitfaced-dom...say between beer 3-10. this can often be the most dangerous and vulnerable time ...when striving for that point in which the little one doesn't work......all out of protest....sheeeeeesh

By Kalliope lisa on Thursday, April 13, 2000 - 09:24 pm:

hahahaha, patrick, as always i adore your logic.

i know what she's saying though. i can't tell you how many times a day i fantasize about someone i know i'll never have. i have crushes constantly. thing is, when i get close to the person, the crush tends to go away...i find some reason or other to let it. i don't know. i'm not making any damn sense at all. yes i am. oh hell.

and naw, men are just leg-humpers. no worse than women. i hate the stereotype that women can't just want a sexual fling as much as men..or that all men want sex and all women want emotion. there's been way too many times when all i wanted was a good lay and the boy wanted to be in love.

course, i'm different than most i suppose.

that's a contradiction right there.

By Bell_jar on Thursday, April 13, 2000 - 11:01 pm:

well... i tried to call him, but he wasn't there. i didn't leave a message. i had intention of calling back. however, i went by to see my friend who was hurt on saturday night during the "horrible experience" i suddenly remembered how scared i am of boys. so nothing will come of it. i was just having a good day, and tomorrow may be different. i already feel the freakiness rising within me. i'll settle down and read a book. no more boys. thanks though.

By moonit on Thursday, April 13, 2000 - 11:22 pm:

not all boys are the same.

dammit i need to get laid.

By Kalli on Friday, April 14, 2000 - 01:08 am:

me too.

By cyst on Friday, April 14, 2000 - 01:33 am:

I really want to have sex. another week.

By patrick on Friday, April 14, 2000 - 11:34 am:

no i agree lis......my wife, like you, is a staunch supporter of knocking the notion away that women don't have impulsive, carnal desires minus emotion.

i think a lot can be said for anatomy as well. we take our pants off, we brush by our member. we pee, we touch our member. I reach in my pocket, i brush by my member. I lay down on my stomach to sleep. my member has to be adjusted. It's a constant reminder. We wake up with volatile erections so on and so forth. women's sex anatomy, being more internal, perhaps they are not confronted with sex as much as men simply because they are not reminded about it 2356 times during the day.....

but then again, there are the boobies....so maybe that doesn't hold water.....ahhh fuck it.....

i wanna have sex too, instead i am virtually chained to this desk for the next 8 hours.

poop

By Kalli on Sunday, April 16, 2000 - 10:36 pm:

member? member? that has got to be the worst word for a penis i have ever heard.

naw, you know...i don't think of my breasts as a sexual organ. i mean, well i do. but not the way you're describing "memebers". (HAHAHAHAHHAHA) What I think I mean is, well, they're there. They're just there. That isn't to say it hasn't happened when I've been daydreaming and my hand accidently starts brushing against my nips. It does happen...just not daily.

I think for me (and I don't know if this is true about all women) if I get turned on at an odd time, it's because something mental or visual happens to make it so.

Like tonight. There's this parking garage near me. I was walking back from McDonald's. Sometimes there's prostitutes who stand on the second level of the garage. (it's a two level open garage) They aren't disgusting girls. Most of em are actually sort of pretty. One was standing on it tonight looking down over the ledge. There was a street light behind her head so all her fluffed hairsprayed hair was profiled. I couldn't see her face, but I know her eyes were closed. She was praying.

That's the sort of thing.

By patrick on Monday, April 17, 2000 - 11:58 am:

you are a sicko lis.....i love you for that....

By Gee on Wednesday, April 19, 2000 - 12:44 am:

I feel good.

will someone please tell me the joke about the farmer and his missing tractor? I really love that joke.

By Gee on Wednesday, April 19, 2000 - 12:46 am:

PS- dreaming about boys means nothing. To date I've had more dreams about Ishmael than I can even remember.

first I dreamed he came of the closet, then I dreamed he had a party and kissed me, then there was the one about him naked in my bathtub (he was very gifted) and the one where he gave me advice on which bras I should wear while I sang "Blue" at him.

okay..maybe they do mean Something.

By moonit on Wednesday, April 19, 2000 - 12:47 am:

what joke about the farmer and his missing tractor?

By Farmer on Wednesday, April 19, 2000 - 10:08 am:

Has anyone seen my tractor?

By Gee on Thursday, April 20, 2000 - 02:31 am:

close enough.

By Isolde on Thursday, April 20, 2000 - 09:45 pm:

Hm. Sex.
    Good idea.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact