First Course: Putting on the Dogs

sorabji.com: I need advice: First Course: Putting on the Dogs
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By FiloDo on Saturday, September 2, 2000 - 10:27 pm:

Can anyone help me with the origin of that phrase? "They were really puttin' on the dogs!" Where in the world did that phrase originate, what book can it's origin be found in and what is the name of such a book. Ah just need to know. and in the meantime. . . here's a little something to snack on for "the football game". . . .
    First Course: Putting on the dogs:
    (Published Dec. 22, 1999)
    Foster Farms has introduced Mini Corn Dogs, a new twist to an old favorite.
    They are chicken franks with a honey
    and corn batter coating. The dogs can be
    prepared in a minute in a microwave or
    15 minutes in a conventional oven so
    they make easy snacks to munch on while watching the football bowl games
    this weekend. Look for them in frozen
    food sections of local grocery stores.
    One package contains 20 mini dogs for about $3.

Woof!

By Nelly on Sunday, September 3, 2000 - 02:33 pm:

By Nelly on Sunday, September 3, 2000 - 02:50 pm:

By Nelly on Sunday, September 3, 2000 - 02:57 pm:

one of my favorite party snacks, back before i gave up meat, goes like this:

1 jar French's mustard
    1 jar (roughly the same size) plum jam

put above 2 ingredients in a saucepan and heat until bubbling.

1 pkg hot dogs, or as many as you need (Oscar Mayer quality)

Cut hot dogs into inch segments and toss them into the pot and cook for about 2 minutes. Guests spear them with toothpicks.

this was always a big hit when i made it, and i miss it. haven't gotten around to trying it with tofu dogs, don't really have my hopes up about that. but all you carnivores, enjoy.

By M on Wednesday, September 6, 2000 - 10:41 pm:

forget the party snacks. that word detective rocks!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact