shit, i'm scared.

sorabji.com: I need advice: shit, i'm scared.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By pez on Monday, March 5, 2001 - 03:52 am:

i had a six-hour shift today.

roughtly about halfway through, this guy comes in. pretty normal looking, unshaven. probably three days worth of shadow, from seeing my dad while camping.

he starts asking me lots of questions. personal questions.

"where did you graduate from?"
    i'd been told to be as vague as possible. security was watching.
    "did you go to gresham or barlow?"
    "yes."
    "you went to barlow?"
    "sortof."

it was strange. i thought he was going to steal something, but he never did. he was constantly watching me and harmony...or looking everywhere, like a bird does. moving his head with sudden jerks and muttering to himself.

at one point i drpped something behind the counter and bent over to pick it up. suddenly i hear "yes, ma'am." and the guy is standing there watching me.

eventually he left. he wandered around the store for another hour or so. finally security nabbed him. he was talking to himself in the home department, rubbing something soft all over his face, acting almost as if he were masturbating. they made him pay for it before kicking him out.

i was glad to hear he'd been kicked out, but rather insecure. i felt so exposed, that what clothing i had on wasn't enough. i bought a jacket over my lunch and wore it for the rest of my shift, shaking like a leaf. i'm wearing it now.

when i left after the store closed, i waited until two other people were walking out at the same time so i wouldn't be by myself. i almost never worry about such things but i am now.

why me?

By Reentje on Monday, March 5, 2001 - 04:22 am:

wow and i am just listening to sorabji's rose garden by habermann.. and i never get people wandering into my place looking at me while i bend over and pick up something.. so like why you? and why not me?... meanwhile is anyone here really interested in this composer?... or did yall get here because of the underwear dealer with the same name?....i am listening... as i write and it sounds like keith jarrett on acid.. but then this is not a music site is it? or is it?... are yall deconstructionists?

By patrick on Monday, March 5, 2001 - 11:48 am:

i am...i've been working on a "construction/deconstruction" photo project for nearly six months now.

By Rhiannon on Monday, March 5, 2001 - 12:14 pm:

Speaking of creepy, the little paragraph that greets you on the Sorabji entrance page was about Paul Bernardo, only with Mark Thomas' name substituted for his.

One of the girls that Paul Bernardo kidnapped and killed was taken when she was locked out of her house. Her mother had locked her out to punish her for missing her curfew. At Bernardo's trial, the mother had to watch the videotape of her daughter being tortured and killed. Think about that.

By patrick on Monday, March 5, 2001 - 12:23 pm:

why?

By Rhiannon on Monday, March 5, 2001 - 01:12 pm:

Because I told you to. Now do it.

By pez on Monday, March 5, 2001 - 01:37 pm:

ick.

i remember how i used to read those "true crime" books...disgusting how they use rape and murder to make money.

i remember when i was in eighth grade and they had the anne frank exhibit at the highschool...for months we were studying the holocaust. watching videos of people being tortured and killed, survivors talking of the terrible and macabre events. and the dog picture.

this poor dog had its lips pulled back with a mechanism, so it would appear constantly snarling. it had been trained all its life to rip people apart and to eat them alive.

seeing that picture made me puke.

By Hal on Monday, March 5, 2001 - 03:41 pm:

Fuck creepy people...

I mean I'm creepy sometimes, but not in the way that I stalk people, or follow them. I'm awake all night long, I sleep during the day, I don't talk to people alot at first, and then if I know them I'll talk. I do weird things once in a while because I'm feeling the need for attention...

But I sure as hell don't rub things on my face as a form of masturbation... I know what kind of people you mean too, I use to work with a couple of them. I hated it. I mean nice guys when they weren't being complete fucking weirdasses... One guy used a buffer on his head because, "it feels good dude!"

Fuck people.

By pez on Monday, March 5, 2001 - 05:02 pm:

i used to think i was invincible because i'm a big girl. not like i'm made of steel or anything, but being over 6' tall and fairly heavy can give you that feeling. then some bastard comes along and all of a sudden you're tiny and unclothed and they haven't done anything that's considered dangerous. it's a crazy world and i wish it weren't so, but what can i do?

By cyst on Tuesday, March 6, 2001 - 01:19 am:

pez, amiga, I'm supposed to be the only 6'+ gal in portland. I'll be there on the 17th, so make yourself scarce, ok? no hanging at reading frenzy for you that weekend.

By cyst on Tuesday, March 6, 2001 - 01:25 am:

oh, yeah, and next time some creep bothers you like that, just act like he's not getting to you. act like you couldn't care less if he stared at you all day. those weirdos are attention feeders and they'll get bored of you fast if you totally dismiss them.

and when you're alone always walk like you mean it.

By pez on Tuesday, March 6, 2001 - 01:49 am:

haha.

sorry, i'll be at home on the 17th....finals coming up and i want to get straight a's this term...i know i can.

i'm going to reading frenzy on friday and dropping off my zine. it's the onle with the sheep driving the car and stickers.

By cyst on Tuesday, March 6, 2001 - 02:06 am:

I know this would make it easy, but what's it called?

By pez on Wednesday, March 7, 2001 - 02:57 am:

swearing at traffic keeps me sane. hehe, and a few days ago i heard of a band called swearing at motorists.

By Susan on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 03:38 am:

I love it when a contestant loses her pricing game on The Price is Right and they play that tuba music consisting of four notes followed by a downward groan. That's simply adorable! :-)

By Nate on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 10:41 am:

hey, that's what i'm hearing now for you!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact