Laughed at or flirted with?

sorabji.com: I need advice: Laughed at or flirted with?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By amanda the unknowing on Tuesday, March 6, 2001 - 09:19 pm:

so... I'm sitting in the computer lab (a common theme this year) and this guy walks by and smiles at me in a mischevious way. I look down then up again... and he smiles again. Is he flirting with me, or did he think that when I scratched my nose a while ago I actaully picked it? He walked by a few minutes ago to leave and he gave me two more glance-smiles. I wanted to chase after him and ask what they meant.

It has been a long time since someone might have flirted with me. How does one know if they are being laughed at or flirted with?

By agatha on Tuesday, March 6, 2001 - 10:16 pm:

he's flirting with you, girl.

By J on Tuesday, March 6, 2001 - 11:56 pm:

Yep,smile back.Wink even.

By pez on Wednesday, March 7, 2001 - 02:59 am:

glance-smiles are cute shy flirts.

i was semi-flirting with a trombone player named micah today. playing egyptian rat-screw...hehe.

go blow bubbles.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 7, 2001 - 11:40 am:

guys don't care if you pick your nose. it's sorta comforting like when you fart. that way we don't feel so piggish ourselves.

he was flirting with you.

By pez on Wednesday, March 7, 2001 - 01:45 pm:

i just remembered something that i thought of when i was driving my car after ballet:

i used to think that having a boyfriend meant having someone wait for you to get home sometimes, having someone to lose sleep over, someone to play with and laugh at, someone to comfort you when you're sad and to demand attention to take your mind off your problems. someone to buy little gifts for, to clean up after, someone that has really soft hair that is fun to play with and the cutest little face and is fun to play little jokes on. i guess that's why i have a cat.

By Nate on Wednesday, March 7, 2001 - 01:45 pm:

patrick likes it when chicks crap.

right out in plain view.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 7, 2001 - 02:18 pm:

totally!

pez. having a mate is also having some one to screw. thought your chemistry doesn't realize that yet, it will, eventually...

By pez on Wednesday, March 7, 2001 - 04:50 pm:

there's too much emotional shit going on that i don't want to screw or be screwed yet. maybe i never will. besides, the little blurb was supposed to be funny, not about screwing.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 7, 2001 - 05:45 pm:

yeah i know it was supposed to be funny, but it sounded like a silly ass hallmark card that my mother in law always sends with some cute cuddly picture of a cat on the front....or some stupid email my sister would forward along with some other shit about men and cooking and how women need men like a fish needs a bicycle.

sorry..if that sounded bitchy, the day wears on.

By Platypus on Wednesday, March 7, 2001 - 06:52 pm:

"it's sorta comforting like when you fart."

Patrick, I thought you didn't like it when chicks farted.

By moonit on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 01:26 am:

By agatha on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 10:28 am:

i got a hell.com email address. just because. all it does is route mail into my already existing email accounts, and i actually had to pay for it, but my need to have the email address agatha@hell.com was so strong that i couldn't overcome it at that particular moment. plus, i had just gotten paid. sometimes, people don't make any sense.

By Paul on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 11:19 am:

im just going to wait till i die so i get mine for free

By patrick on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 01:18 pm:

hey platypus...while you're nit picking.....why don't you come over here and pluck my ass hairs for me?

platypus=tired=who???

By Nate on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 01:59 pm:

uhm.

geez.

that brings tears to my eyes.

By Antigone on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 05:53 pm:

That brings fish to my bicycle.

By Cat on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 06:14 pm:

Antigone, sometimes I could just spread you on a cracker.

I think Platypus is Isolde.

Did you know platypi are the only mammals that...nah, sorry it's gone. Now you'll never know that fascinating little fact. Smack me.

By Dougie on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 06:18 pm:

Lay eggs?

By Antigone on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 06:33 pm:

Cat, I am a cracker, so you'll have to spread me on something else.

Satin comes to mind.

<ahem>

And platypi are the only mammals that taste like chicken.

By dave. on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 07:11 pm:

that are venomous.

By Dougie on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 07:27 pm:

I just polished off a Boston Market 1/2 platypus with 3 side dishes, plus a bonus fried platypus egg. Now there's good eatin'.

By patrick on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 07:42 pm:

that place used to be halfway decent.....for fast food.....but they've gone down

By Cat on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 08:34 pm:

"but they've gone down"..down under?

Thank you dave. You get a free packet of Antigone crackers.

By Isolde on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 08:34 pm:

They have poisonous rear spurs.

And Cat would get a cracker, but I already ate it.

By Nate on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 08:45 pm:

i need someone to eat this cracker.

By Platypus on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 08:49 pm:

Is it soggy?

By dave. on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 11:06 pm:

it's flaccid and wrinkled.

By Cat on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 11:51 pm:

Is it blue?

By Daniel ssss on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 11:52 pm:

cookies anyone?

By moonit on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 12:07 am:

moonit_lives@hell.com

hehe that would be cool.

cept really that should be 'in'

just got past the first week in my new job. Still alive, cried once. Goooooo me! Rah Rah!

By patrick on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 02:05 pm:

if platypus is isolde. im sorry for snapping at you.

if i would have known its was you....and not a relatively new name around here, with whom i feel the pointless need to be a hard ass too....i woudn't have snapped.

i had to abandon my "girls don't fart notion" to make my point, but yes i still "believe" that.

hey cat have heard of or seen the movie Dish?

its coming stateside to much acclaim.

By Platypus on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 07:35 pm:

It's ok, Patrick.

Snapping keeps us in trim.

I guess I'll eat the cracker, Nate.

By Nate on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 09:10 pm:

i heard fresh air last night. dish sounds pretty cool.

now i'm interested in the other movie he made... though, like most things i hear about on fresh air, i can't remember the title.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact