Help!My cable went out.What's happening in China?

sorabji.com: I need advice: Help!My cable went out.What's happening in China?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Czarina on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 11:32 am:

Cable guy is coming at 2:00pm to fix it.But I like to be abreast of things.Any interesting updates?

Cat,whats your take on the situation,from down under?

By patrick on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 11:36 am:

they are forming a giant human-link bridge to the western US for an invasion.

By Czarina on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 11:47 am:

Oh my!I once heard the Chinese don't have any pubic hair,that might be a good line of attack for us.Hit em low.

By Czarina on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 11:56 am:

Sorry,I take that back.I've delivered Chinese women,and they do indeed have pubic hair.Maybe it was that the Chinese don't have body hair.

That of course,would change my whole line of thinking on the "hit em low" plan.

By Nate on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 02:25 pm:

i sweating flax-seed oil.

my cable went out too.

By Czarina on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 02:47 pm:

Love them flax-seed oil.

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the cable guy.He should be here any moment now.[I hope]

By Nate on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 03:04 pm:

i called them up and yelled at them and told them i wasn't going to pay for their brainwashing crap anymore.

and they obliged.

By Dougie on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 03:26 pm:

I thought the Cable Guy was a brilliant movie. Not sure why it did so lousy. Probably because it wasn't a happy, diznee-fied comedy.

By Czarina on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 03:50 pm:

It is now 2:45 pm Lousiana time,and I remain cableless.I just got off the phone with the cable guy service person,he meekly returned my call.
    "Uh,hi,this is the Dish service person,and I understand your'e pretty mad."
    "No,I'm not pretty mad,but I am extremely displeased with your inability to tell time."
    "Oh.Huh?"
    Humbled service guy is suspossed to come at 6:00pm.
    This annoys me.Now I'll have to clean up and get dressed.I'm in my usual Levi's and tee,and pretty scruffy from working in the yard with my roses.But I am much more intimidating when I am well groomed,and as I am in the mood to chew some cable ass,I guess I'll jump in the shower before he gets here.

By Czarina on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 09:50 am:

Cable guy called and said he was tied up in traffic and would be here in 10 min.,and was.Let me just clarify that yesterday was the second day that he hadn't shown up.By the time he and his wife got here,I had consumed a beer,and was in a much pleasanter mood.Unfortunately,they were here until after 9:00 pm,which put a damper on my "eating out" plans.So had to do Mcdonalds,{the drive thru,not the dumpster}But they bought a bird while here,so guess I shouldn't complain.

By Dougie on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 09:58 am:

The dude takes his wife on his cable gigs?

What kinds of birds do you sell?

By Czarina on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 11:17 am:

Yah,he brought his wife,plus it took 4 of us to call out the signal strenght,in a relay type situation.The wife watched the screen,and would tell me two numbers,like "102 and 88" so I would relay them to the next person,and they would relay them to the guy on the roof.We did this for about 1.5 hours.Constantly calling out numbers.To break my monotony,I would occasionally add a "Hike!" to the numbers,which usually got passed on,before they caught it.This of course,gave me great glee.Simple minds,simple pleasures.

I breed all types of psittocines.Hook bill parrots.
    I have most species.Amazons,macaws,cockatoo's,conures,Ringneck mutations,Mustache parakeets,rosellas,eclectus.African species,too.My list could go on and on.

By Dougie on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 11:29 am:

Damn, so it's a regular aviary there. Are they flying all over the house? I love looking at pictures of parrots in National Geographics or the like, but as pets, I couldn't deal with them, especially the noise. My ex-girlfriend had a gray cockatiel, very pretty, but that bird was evil. It bit really hard, and would fly straight at your face and in your hair for no reason. Well, I guess it had a reason, but I couldn't figure it out. IMO, birds are for the birds.

By Czarina on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 11:45 am:

They are everywhere!5 acres of psittocine delights.
    Mostly outside,but I do keep several pets in the house.And sometimes they do fly around,and kind of gang up on me.Especially if I try to catch a nap on the couch,usually a couple will climb up and snuggle down with me.I have one macaw,who runs around the house hollering "Mama,I love you!"and looks all over untill he finds me.Unfortunately,he is very intelligent,and knows to find me in my waterbed,and climbs in and pesters me untill he wakes me up.{I'm not friendly when I'm sleeping},and sometimes I worry about his beak and the durability of my waterbed.But he is a character.He comes and stands on his head,and lays on his back,and plays with toys with his feet.He's quite charming.

Fortunately,I have a very large house,so the noise doesn't usually bother me.

By patrick on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 12:32 pm:

hey im just lookin forward to hockey tomorrow. since i dont get cable...abc only airs hockey on saturdays...and tomorrows games are goodies. not to mention, being ont he west coast allows one to roll out of bed..a beer for breaksfast and hockey!!!

who could ask for more?

By Dougie on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 12:38 pm:

A blowjob while watching hockey and having a beer for breakfast in bed would be good too. And then she leaves to go shopping for the ENTIRE day after she's left out for you a roast beef and swiss cheese sandwich with mayo and mustard and tomato on the nightstand with plenty of pickles and snacks, but that would be just too much to ask for.

By patrick on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 12:44 pm:

well ive never heard of such a violation of womens rights in all my life.

By J on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 03:11 pm:

That would be a perfect day for me,as long as I was shopping all day with Dougie's credit card.

By Dougie on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 03:21 pm:

HA! Touché, J!

By Dougie on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 08:01 pm:

Hey Czarina, if you get CNBC on cable, at least in NY, they're giving National Geographic Explorer -- "a look at captive parrots", 8:00 pm EDT.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact