Is there a cure for infatuation?

sorabji.com: I need advice: Is there a cure for infatuation?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Veronica on Thursday, April 26, 2001 - 09:47 pm:

I am totally infatuated with this much younger guy who I can never have. I can't stop thinking about him. This is crazy. How do I get over this infatuation that has such a strong hold on me? I just want to forget him and be at peace like I was before. But how?

By Nate on Thursday, April 26, 2001 - 10:02 pm:

why can't you have him?

By Nate on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 12:58 am:

what kind of woman are you, anyway?

By J on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 01:31 am:

How do you know you can't have him? Did you try already? Maybe you can get yourself some of that.

By sarah on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 01:56 am:

masturbation.

By JboxR on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 05:38 am:

Yeah, and can we watch, too?

By semillama on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 09:43 am:

Fuck his brains out.

By Kalli on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 09:48 am:

wait wait.

he might be twelve. or crippled. or dead.

there may be all kinds of reasons she can't have him.

has anyone ever heard the henry rollins spoken word bit when he talks about how he met tom waits and the story he tells him?

"ferget her. she's a heartbreaker. she'll do it again. she did the same thing to me."

By Pug on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 10:36 am:

A surefire cure is the Cynical Wedding routine...
    The Cynical Wedding is very simple:
    The groom is a bullet.
    The bride is the roof of your mouth.
    Get it?

By semillama on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 11:00 am:

That's great kalli, it's my favorite.

So, you doing anything the second week of May (that is, you're in Richmond, right)? I'm in D.C. then for a conference. Let me know if you wanna grab a meal or drink or something. I can't promise I'm as fun a guy as Patrick but I'm definitely shorter.

By Kalli on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 11:35 am:

hey im shorter too! hell yea. i'll be around. i've been sneaking up to d.c. a whole bunch lately anyway. (the zoo opened. i love those monkeys.) email me (kall1ope@yahoo.com) and lemme know where and when you're gonna be.

yay!

By Spider on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 11:59 am:

Aw, see, Sem? Things work out after all.

No, there is no cure. Offer up the suffering.

By semillama on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 02:14 pm:

I love them monkeys too. I just emailed ya, kalli, but if you can get up Thrusday the 10th (tall order I know) the zoo would be cool. I have nothing to do thursday. I'm on a tour Friday (bureau of engreaving /printing, Navy Yard, and Mt. Vernon (there's an active dig there, which will be keen to see). I am giving a paper on Saturday afternoon. If you want to drink with a bucnh of industrial archaeologists, then Saturday is a good day.

By Kalliope on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 03:14 pm:

lets do the zoo!

i just wrote you back. let's see which you read first.

i'm gonna try and catch a bus up to D.C. after work Wed night, stay with Rex, skip work Thursday (the wenches owe me) and head back friday night.

I so wanna go giraffe tipping.

By semillama on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 03:24 pm:

awesome. jsu tsent you something.

Watch out giraffes!

By Kalliope on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 03:27 pm:

dem tall beeetches be in trouble yo.

By The Watcher on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 04:23 pm:

There are only two reasons to give up on your dream.

One, he's under age. We'd all hate, at least most of us would, to see a news story about you being arrested for relations with some under aged partner. Very messy. And, prison uniforms aren't sexy.

Two, one of you is married. It usually won't make the news. But, it can be just as messy. Especially if children are in volved.

Otherwise, go for it.

The worst that could happen is rejection. And, here that's normal.

By Nate on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 05:26 pm:

even if he's underaged. go for it. give good head and he's not going to tell anyone.

By patrick on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 05:33 pm:

tell that to Mary Kay Laturno (spell?)

By Pug on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 07:35 pm:

Or Joshua McCabe Brown.
    (Sorry)

By Pug on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 07:38 pm:

I'm totally infatuated with ANYONE I can never have.
    My Ex included. My Ex ESPECIALLY.
    Remember that Cynical Wedding option----it's a doozy.

By Nate on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 08:44 pm:

you can't have me, studmuffin.

By Slothrop on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 10:38 pm:

veronica has not responded to any of the posts. hmmm.

i think veronica is a middle aged woman who likes the hot data entry temp girl. she only referes to him as a guy to mask her uncertainty. this is veronica's first self admission to the possibility that maybe, just maybe, no man has ever brought her to orgasm and that she is finally at a point in her life where she can muster the courage to do something about it. the reason that she cannot have her, is because she is shooting for upper management and fucking the temps isn't condusive to promotion or raises until AFTER you're upper management. seeing her predicament, i humbly recommend that she seek satiation via an alterNATE channel. easily she could blackmail one of the hottay lower-downs into having a date with this melissa character. from there, it's money. for a couple hundred, christy the lower down, lowers down and provides a high grade peep show via web cam for the lusty and grateful veronica. this of course will lead to an affair between veronica and the perm. melissa, sure to cause ample grief and conflict: Melissa vs. climbing the corporate ladder; both goals she has always flirted with, but never dreamed would or could make themselves known to her simultaneously.

By JboxR on Saturday, April 28, 2001 - 11:40 am:

ROTFLMAO! You could sell cable rights to THAT one!

By Slothrop on Saturday, April 28, 2001 - 06:26 pm:

yeah..i wonder if the writers of alley mcbeal would want it.

By Screen Writers Guild on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 11:21 am:

no. you haven't paid your dues.

By Slothrop on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 11:32 am:

how does one pay the dues? hey- aren't you guys on strike?? you should get off strike otherwise i'll get stuck watching the lost episodes of that shitty sit-com with bob saget as dad and those two red headed acting prodigies. uh..family matters? no...i think that's about erkel and the black family. what the hell was it? they lived in san francisco...anyway, i don't even want to know so get back to the table.

By Dougie on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 11:35 am:

All I know is I hope the Darwin youth of America out there quit trying to re-enact stunts from Jackass, lest they get the show cancelled for good by some crusading do-gooder moms.

By semillama on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 12:24 pm:

By Slothrop on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 01:16 pm:

i actually haven't seen that. i unconsciously banned mtv about the same time i stopped drinking mgd. started reading, discovered brown ales and pot. some pills here and there. anyway, i look at shows like that and think they must be written by people like my last girlfriend.. all fucked up and addicted to attention. so we have the uninspired watching the needy in the name of passing time. woo hoo! or we just have another piss poor attempt at entertainment...personally i am waiting for the crumbling relationship/couple getting a divorce series. like temptation island, only you know these people are almost over; you're just popping in to watch the kids cry and the china get smashed. all over a bowl of popcorn, snuggled up with yer honey. goodie goodie. can't wait!

By Nate on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 01:25 pm:

i spent a couple months watching jackass (drinking MGD, too.)

it's very entertaining.

By heather on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 01:35 pm:

slothrop is cooler than you

and his words have such a lovely tone of irony

By patrick on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 01:42 pm:

i caught a bit on the news...video footage of these idiots in Kansas...teens who wanted to be on that show, so they drove their car right their pal, at roughly 35mph, he jumped on the dash and went over, flipping in the air, breaking his leg, fucking up the front windsheild, and getting the driver arrested.

I say let nature run its course. i deem these kind of events natural selection. which by the way, have you seen the Darwin Awards lately?

By Slothrop on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 02:11 pm:

yeah..on the mgd tip...a good friend of mine gave me a few not long ago and i enjoyed them. surprise! i'm full of contradictions. what's worse is that i'm full of contradicted convictions...wordplayblatherpathofneutralitybullshit..yayaya so i'm at work but not comitting the act for which i am payed. so? it's the allergy pills.

By Slothrop on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 02:15 pm:

btw pat, i have read some of the darwin awards via emails...pretty funny. i read of the couple all doped and coked who went to a home depot and loaded like 3 tons of building supplies (wood/cement) into and onto their little toyota corolla or something. went a few blocks, snapped the axel. they claimed they were going to build a house to do drugs in togehter or something. there's a pic on the web somewhere...maybe rotten.com or something.

By moonit on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 02:35 am:

I saw that somewhere too. Was sexy (not) Sherrif John Burnell involved in the voice over?

By Kalli on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 09:45 am:

My favorite is the one about the guy who was in an airtight room, ate too many beans..and killed himself in his sleep with gas..

but that's because my humor level sometimes lowers itself to age five.

I bought one of those fart machines. I couldn't help it. I'm gonna attach it to the inside of the catbox and when I have company, hit the remote control switch.

It's little things.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact