I like a friend, but dont want to screw up our friendship...

sorabji.com: I need advice: I like a friend, but dont want to screw up our friendship...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Earl on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 12:52 am:

I really like my friend Holly, and sometimes wish we were more than friends. shes the only person that i can really talk to about anything, and im afraid that if i tell her how i feel about her i could fuck up our relationship. I dont think she likes me that way, but i cant be sure. is there anyway i could find out besides telling her? should i just tell her? how should i tell her in a way that would not fuck up our relationship?

By Dodi on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 01:45 am:

Just be honest with your feelings. If you don't let her know, then you might miss out on a great relationship. Hey, what if she like you too and she's too afraid to let you know...ya never know, so go for it!

By wisper on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 06:22 pm:

There is no way to go about this without screwing up your friendship.
    I'd say in the long run it's not worth it, especially since you don't think she likes you back.

You could always get a mutual friend to ask some leading questions... but that's about it.

By patrick on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 08:13 pm:

id suggest leaving primitive and childish stick figure drawings depicting you and holly having sexual encounters in unrealistic places lying about the house for her to find. Use crude captions to make it clear how much you love her and want to do naughty things to her.

Have you tried the aid alcohol?

Or Id suggest forget it...

If Holly hasnt made any allusions to wanting more of a relationship with you, chances are she doesnt feel the way you'd like, so you'll just end up making an ass out of yourself.

By Dodi on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 08:37 pm:

I still say..TAKE A CHANCE!!!

By Gee on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 10:40 am:

why do people always advise you to take a chance on romance like it's the be all end all most perfect thing in the universe? Why is romantic love so much more valued that the love between friends? The only element that really seems to separate the two is a powerful lust (although not in all cases).

if you have a wonderful friendship and you love your friend dearly, be happy for what you have and learn to control your hormones. Why risk feelings of discomfort (even the best of friends can become distant after unreciprocated feelings of lust) when what you already have is great?

By Dodi on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 04:11 pm:

Life is about taking risks, so why not?

By patrick on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 07:04 pm:

Life is NOT about taking risks.

Jesus christ. Can you be any more pedestrian?

God damn i hate cliches like that.

Life is about not dying any sooner than you have to.

By Dodi on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 07:13 pm:

whatever......

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and doings and this happens to be MY opinion.

By TBone on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 07:16 pm:

And we're entitled to think you're an idiot for it.

By wisper on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 07:23 pm:

....and we DO!

By Dodi on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:01 am:

Oh well, no loss to me.:)

By V on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 08:17 pm:

HI DODI :)

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact