Nightmare in my dream

sorabji.com: I need advice: Nightmare in my dream
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dr Pepper on Monday, April 1, 2013 - 02:46 am:

I had two dream about me and my current job. I don't know why I keeps seeing myself at work, but the last dream I see is a new employee. The other days ago, a big tall lady asked me out for a date. I was stunned.

By The Watcher on Monday, April 1, 2013 - 04:39 am:

If you're single and she was reasnably atractive I'd tell you to take the date.

By Dr Pepper on Monday, April 1, 2013 - 10:56 am:

She once seduced me onto sleeping with her, we didn't had a sex. All she did was wrapped her arm around me.

By heather on Monday, April 1, 2013 - 05:54 pm:

You people can not be real.

By Dr Pepper on Monday, April 1, 2013 - 10:39 pm:

Honesty, I don't know what is with Heather. B.T.W. I just found out that we're having a new employee starting to work on thursday. so That is what my dream interpret me!

By droopy on Tuesday, April 2, 2013 - 01:00 am:

sometimes i think that dr. pepper and the watcher,
    when they're on the boards at the same time, are
    being written by the ghost of samuel beckett.

it's why i keep coming back to sorabji.

got myself into a financial jam. i don't want to go
    into details, but it's going to be a real adventure
    saving my ass.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, April 2, 2013 - 01:22 am:

Droopy, the strange thing is that over the weekend; in my sleep, I dreamed that I met this new employee, and as of today, I asked one of my fellow employee if we are going to have a new employee? He said "Yes". I find this weird one. Is there some connections?

By ... on Tuesday, April 2, 2013 - 01:49 am:

I dreamt last week that a former "boss" sat me down and lectured me on the hydraulic integrity of pickles. he said that pickles never lost their water, and that a single, solitary pickle could be left in the Sahara and it would hold its water for all times. that "boss" and I go way back but I don't think I should tell him about this dream.

By heather on Tuesday, April 2, 2013 - 03:36 am:

"Yeah, I dreamed of you and the eternally turgid pickle, Iqbal Khan."

By The Watcher on Tuesday, April 2, 2013 - 03:50 am:

Say the secret word and a duck will drop down and give you a hundered dollars.

By Danielssss on Tuesday, April 2, 2013 - 01:07 pm:

I'm not real Heather and you know that. But the Golden Goose and the Platitudinal Pickle certainly are as real as the Doc's grammar.

So was the pickle eternally turgid and dill? Or was it a sweet gherkin?

It's only money Droop, not worth worrying over.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, April 2, 2013 - 02:30 pm:

I can confirm that Danielssss is the real Danielssss. However, I have nothing to do with Heather's comments nor the grammar related to "pickle."

By Danielssss on Wednesday, April 3, 2013 - 05:19 pm:

Thanks Doc.

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, April 4, 2013 - 02:27 am:

Your welcome.

By Spider on Thursday, April 4, 2013 - 12:00 pm:

I had several bizarre and upsetting nightmares last night, and then I was soothed with a charming dream involving many clones of Stephen Colbert.

By Danielssss on Thursday, April 4, 2013 - 12:16 pm:

many things aloft these days, many psychic disturbance noted, as things shift somehwere. Stay grounded and balanced. Shelter in place.

By Antigone on Thursday, April 4, 2013 - 12:40 pm:

I took some theraflu before going to sleep and I had some freaky
    dreams as well. Two Terminator style cyborgs were fighting it out
    in an apartment I was living in at the top of a skyscraper. I was
    trying to get my family out of the way. I got everybody out but my
    dad couldn't hear me and was trying to go back in to the apartment.

By ... on Thursday, April 4, 2013 - 05:32 pm:

hellish night of non-sleep for me and the gf. I dreamed people walking up to me spoke only gibberish. Stuff like "Hurp clusht prittled blounce ropstreed clork..." I might have scored 4 hours of sleep over 11 hours of thrashing in bed.

By Dr Pepper on Friday, April 5, 2013 - 11:48 am:

Maybe it is your girlfriend who just talked to you in her sleep. She might be processed by the aliens.

By Dr Pepper on Friday, April 5, 2013 - 11:51 am:

Oh, by the way, we had a new employee who just started yesterday, seems to be alright and picked up the pace fast. Seems to be a nice guy, hopefully things will works out with him.

By Antigone on Friday, April 5, 2013 - 12:41 pm:

Mark, go see "Upstream Color" and tell me what you think.

By ... on Saturday, April 6, 2013 - 08:39 pm:

I don't go to movies at the theater any more. I have to wait for DVD/Blu-ray release. Most of the theaters here are really old, and the air inside feels like it has not circulated in 40 years. I've gone to 5 or 6 movies in the last few years and with only one exception I had to leave because I could not fucking breathe. It's not psychosomatic, either, I've always had sensitivities to bad air, but it seems to have gotten worse as I get older. I can tell as soon as I enter a theater whether I'm going to make it through a 2-hour show or film. The Ed Sullivan Theater is no problem, for instance, and the Radio City hall is well-ventilated, but the movie theaters are like musty dungeons. Sometimes the subway system gets to me, too, but only when there's no circulation of the air. We tried to see Life Of Pi when it was in release a few months ago and I couldn't make it past the first half hour, I was practically suffocating. So I pre-ordered the Blu-ray and watched it last week. I just pre-ordered Upstream Color and will get back to you. I'd rather watch stuff at home anyway. Pi looked great on my phat TV.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, April 6, 2013 - 09:05 pm:

Mark, I don't go to theater anymore, got tired of reeking smell of popcorn and sticky floor that someone spilled before I get in the auditorium. The hell with that. Now with the dvd in my computer, as well as my laptop and my portable dvd too. I can enjoy breathe the fine air. I really wanted to buy the projector so I can watch the big motion picture. but the price is too dicey.

By droopy on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 12:44 am:

went down to austin. saw my cousin, the hero of
    hamilton pool. we went to a thai place and saw kat
    edmonson perform at the paramount theater. this
    was saturday night.

sunday i was at the farm house. drank a lot of
    wine. went to bed early, for me: about midnight.
    woke up at 5:30 am; it was still dark. i found a
    copy of "tarzan of the apes" and started reading
    it. i got to a chapter where, simultaneously,
    tarzan is fighting a leapord and jane is being
    attacked by a lion. the farm is adjacent to the
    austin zoo, and the moment i started reading this
    the lions started roaring in the distance. i've
    worked at a zoo; i know how loud those bastards
    are.

i finished the chapter and turned over to sleep,
    again. i had a dream that i've been having for
    several weeks, now. it's about a website that is
    supposed to be somehow affiliated with santeria,
    the carribean religion. everybody on the website
    is white, though. and it all looks like grainy
    footage from the seventies. but it's disturbing
    how graphic everything is. like a guy actually
    getting his feet crushed to a pulp. and worse, but
    i don't want to dream about it anymore.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact