return to the perfect world

sorabji.com: What do you want to do today?: return to the perfect world
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Wisper on Tuesday, June 29, 1999 - 06:21 pm:

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 21:33:39 -0700 (PDT)
    Subject: sunday.....
    To: ******@*****.com

Gaaaaah.
    As usual, gayday was wonderfull, indescribable, beautifull dream vision of a perfect world. All
    bubbles, rainbows, balloons, confused tourists, ABBA, tinky-winky,
    confeti and drag queens in love. I'm still up and
    happy and so high on life. A & T held hands in public for the first time ever, T said he was almost crying he was so happy. ;D

It's an emotional kinda place, the parade is, the
    floats that get the most heart-felt applause are
    P.F.L.A.G. , and the religious groups. There was one group called something like, "gay by god", protestants or something, and they had a priest walking with them, and he was wearing one of those sashes they wear at easter mass and so on, (the purple or green ones) but his was a rainbow...and I must say that I got a little
    teary-eyed in the midst of screaming and cheering for him, but everyone was :) if I was the crying type I'm sure I would have been sobbing like a damn baby. The world is so fucking evil...

But anyway, I had a great, kick-ass, amazing time, As S said "it sucks because there's all these really hot guys making out with other really really hot guys.....oh wait....that's pretty cool!" Hee hee. What a delightful perv she is.
    Some chick grabbed my ass! I'm not kidding! I didn't see what she looked like, but S did, I'll have to ask her if she was cute or not...I'm interested as to what my chick caliber is. There were tons of girls there worthy of changing my mind! I guess she just decided to ignore my "Straight But Not Ignorant" button and go right for the goods....hahahaa....too funny.

I bought all this great stuff at this little market they set up, everything was so cheap and cool but I still spent way too much money. I got a neat handmade tank-top, a rainbow cigarette pack holder, a rainbow pin for S (in honor of her first GayDay), a fairy crown thing made of silver star x-mas garland with silver fabric rosebuds and long rainbow ribbons trailing off the back, they mix into my hair....an amazing chinese paper umbrella with dragons painted on it (for 5 fuckin dollars!!!) and a silver upside-down pentagram neclace (a rip off, but so hard to find). And I saw the infamous Second Cup on church+wellsley where the Kids in the Hall "Steps" skits are based on...oh my. I HAVE to take you there one day.
    And a good time was had by all.
    And I got lots of pictures of drag queens...and
    who likes drag queens??? woo-hoo!!
    It was just too hot outside, that's all.

But anyway, please, please K, come with me next year? There's a feeling there that I just can't describe. It's like at a concert before the band comes on. It's like heaven. It's like pure love. There was some born-again shithead walking around yelling at people and carrying a sign that said REPENT, but no-one beat him to death or did anything. No one yelled. No one even paid any attention to him, they just giggled and let him do his own thing, passing through like a tiny insigifigant Hate-Boat on an ocean of acceptance. That's just how cool it is there. You heard me before, it's almost enough to make *ME* cry, for god sakes...!!!
    But anyway, listen to me babbeling on like some flower hippy child, but that's kinda what I must feel like...

Love ya, call me when you get into Toronto, send you the pics when I get them....
    *hugs*

~j~

By Wisper on Tuesday, July 6, 1999 - 03:39 pm:

p.s. I'll post the pics here too, if you want

By R.C. on Tuesday, July 6, 1999 - 07:33 pm:

Pls. do!

By wisper on Monday, June 25, 2001 - 05:09 pm:

GAAAAAAAAY DAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

this year was my 4th time, ya see. It was too hot. it's always too hot. But a vision of hope yet again like no other. I think someone said there was something like 200,000 people there? There's festivities all week but the weekend especially is an all-day all-night x2 street party. You can't imagine the party.

It's fucking crazy.
    You all have to come here one year and see it, okay?
    The floats were a little lame this year but the fact remains that you ain't seen nothing till you've seen a flatbed truck covered in fun fur and sparkling greased-up dudes shooting waterguns at you (hmmmmm..OSWALD?). I'm a big fan of the dragqueens with confetti cannons myself. Got winked at by some cute lesbian wearing nothing but body paint and stilts.

Our small group had a fun time heckling the 2008 Olympic Bid float. Nobody i've met wants that shit here. "yeah you dance assholes! dance all the way to Beijing!"

The best float i can remember was back in 94, by the Toronto National Ballet. There were platforms covered in cotton clouds, and 8 or 10 ballet dancers were on it, all with HUGE angel wings, all dancing. At the back there were 2 soap snow machines that poured onto them, and us. It was gorgeous. It was snowing in June. It was built onto the top of a 16 wheeler truck as well, so it was twice the height of a normal float. I’ll never forget that.

I know it's cheap of me to only talk about the dancing guys and nudity, but that's all people seem to want to hear about. Not about the vibe. Not about the love. Not about the funk! damnit.

I got a little paper Queer as Folk flag, and a bunch of stickers, like always, and thrown condoms and candy.

But get this, i got a Chick Tract. I GOT A MOTHER FUCKING CHICK TRACT!!
    i honestly never thought i would see one for real. Thank you Toronto Baptist Church. I think i scared the poor man. At first i just grumbled and skipped eye contact because you get flyers handed to you all the time downtown, till i looked down and saw the characteristic Jack T. Chick design and i lost all composure. I ran back to the guy and his cohort and pointed at the other one they were giving out "Can i have THAT one too???" *hands it* And now with a dead on stare, genuine gratitude and enthusiasm the likes of which those two bible nazis would not have seen all day- "Thank you SO MUCH!!" I could have hugged them.

anyway, gay day, YAY!

By patrick on Monday, June 25, 2001 - 07:03 pm:

and do YOU know why the month of June is gay pride month missy?

you should see west hollywood....its insanity in boys town this time of year.

By wisper on Tuesday, June 26, 2001 - 05:44 pm:

...i DID know. I swear i did.

because of some....riot...thing? a long time ago?
    aww fuckoff Mr.Homo mag pic taker!!

where do you work again? i tried to find said mag in a store down by the parade route....

By patrick on Tuesday, June 26, 2001 - 07:01 pm:

Stonewall riots June 27th in 1969.

The Advocate and Out magazines.

I can tell you every place in Toronto it is available. I know Sam the Record man gets it, but a better place would be Glad Day on Yonge street or This Ain't The Rosedale Library on Chruch Street.

By PicoSCTV on Wednesday, June 27, 2001 - 07:26 pm:

Let's go to Yonge Street!AWRIGHT! Yeah! It'll make everything allright! SCTV!!!!@!

By Cat on Wednesday, June 27, 2001 - 08:08 pm:

There are some people reading this who should be playing Scrabble with me instead. You know who you are. Don't make me spank.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact