Does intelligence ever become a burden?

sorabji.com: Are you stupid?: Does intelligence ever become a burden?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 06:17 pm:

I aksed a collegue is she lost money on the Giants....she if in Long Island NYC...here is our dialog...

At 02:30 PM 1/31/01 -0500, you wrote:

No, I didn't lose any money on the game because I didn't bet....my brothers lost some money however.... I watch the game for two reasons:

1) to see the BackStreet Boys sing the anthem (yes, I am a fan!)
    2) to watch the half time show, although I must admit I was a bit disturbed to see N Sync and Britney sing with Aerosmith!

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2001 3:21 PM
    To: Melissa I______
    Subject: RE:

oh
    my
    god

i think we kept the TV off during those performances....and you know, all those n syn and backstreet boys are gay right? a girlfriend of mine did wardrobe on those burger king/backstreet boy commericals....she said they are nice kids, but you would be surprised how they look in person.

At 03:24 PM 1/31/01 -0500, you wrote:

OK Patrick,

No raining on my BackStreet Boy Parade! haha. In all seriousness, there was a time when they all looked and dressed nice, but now they all look like they need a BATH!!!!! What is UP with that????? Please tell me they seriously aren't gay though?????

Although I love some of this "bubble gum" music, my heart will always lie with the hard rock hair bands of the 80s! my absolute favorite! There has never been a better time for music than the 80s! That's my final answer (-: Bon Jovi all the way man!!!!

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2001 3:56 PM
    To: Melissa I______

HA! You long island girls are easy to peg...I LOVE IT! I could have figured you for an 80s hair rock gal...my older brother is a diehard as well. I'll be the first to admit im a snob when it comes to music. But im also known to spend hours on end in record stores searching for albums (yes actual vinyl) and cds.....I collect music to no end.

I think after George Michael, Boy George and Ricky Martin its safe to assume these boy bands are at least 50% gay. Do you know of any straight guys who would get up and dance & sing like that?

To: "'Patrick Morrison'" <pmorrison@__________>

Ahhhh, so true! Too bad though, Ricky Martin is definitely something pleasant to look at! I love his new song with Christina Aguliera (very catchy!). Can't stand her though and her big head!

Yes, I am a true LI 80s hair rock gal and proud of it! I have downloaded all my favorite songs I have on cassette from Napster and burned them onto CDs and I am in my glory!!!!!

I have some vinyl records at home from back in the day..... you gotta admit, music was just plain good in the 80s! It's starting to come back a bit. Creed, Fuel, Vertical Horizon....they got that sound going on.

I think this conversation put me over the edge. Perhaps a catalyst to a hot heaping bowl of fuck boiling inside. Also the back and forth with trace perhaps put me in a funk. I know I asked for it...im a monkey and eat peanuts too you know.

Im not the smartest guy around.....and I know they say ignorance is bliss....but do super intelligent people ever feel the weight of the world? Do they feel it more than the so called ignorant? I consider myself an intelligent person, to a certain extent. i wouldnt call myself an intellectual, but i have some smarts, and I tell ya sometimes i feel the weight. And then i think....man.....i imagine the einsteins, and nietsches, and other geniuses of the world contemplated putting a gun to their head more than the rest of us.

Interestingly enough, at lunch, i went to walk the blvd....in an attempt to shuck this funk. i wandered into one of the last antiquarian book shops here in hollywood....and i walked out with a Beckett play and a book of love letters from H.Miller to Barbara Venus.

go figure

By Dougie on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 07:48 pm:

I don't find it burden, Patrick.

By patrick on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 08:17 pm:

you should be slapped promptly.

By droopy on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 08:27 pm:

i find patrick's intelligence burdensome.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 08:33 pm:

don't ask the blind if the sun is blue.

i hear you patrick.

By Dougie on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 08:49 pm:

What, it's not blue? Looks pretty fucking blue from my coast.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 08:58 pm:

depends on how long you stare at it, i guess.

By Cat on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 09:00 pm:

The sky is grey today. My feet are wet. I'm as smart as a fart.

By dave. on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 10:08 pm:

i find myself in the perilous position of being smart enough to know just how truly fucked up i am but not smart enough to do much about it. i can appreciate creativity and talent but i don't seem to have access to any of that creativity. i can admire people for their abilities but can't find much to admire about myself. i focus on perceived limitations and inadequacies and build my self image from them. i think about life rather than living it. i just farted.

is that what you mean?

By J on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 12:36 am:

Droopy!!! LMAO!!

By semillama on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 09:42 am:

Act like a dumbshit, and they will treat you as an equal.

By Circular on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 10:44 am:

the more i know, the more i realize what i don't know. and then i realize i have to come back here and do it all over again.

putting a gun to my head will just speed up the process...

and so it goes...

and so it goes...

and

so

it

goes.

By patrick on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 12:40 pm:

damn droopy. Im not sure whether to laugh or cry....THAT is truly burdensome.

I think you hit it on the head mister dave.

We should revel in our mediocrity.

yesterday was a strange day for me.

It was one of those days that i could have a whim in one moment....seemingly so right....and then the next im second guessing it and conjuring up 20 reasons not to do it and then getting all mopey in my indecisivness.

By dave. on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 04:14 pm:

s'why i drink. that and the addiction.

By Hal 9000 on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 09:55 pm:

is that you dave.

By Hal on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 01:09 am:

WTF....

IMPOSTER!!!!!!

By Hal 9000 on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 06:01 pm:

i dont care if your arthur c. clarke him self, i will not open the pod bay door.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact