sometimes i think yes

sorabji.com: Are you stupid?: sometimes i think yes
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Kalliope on Friday, June 1, 2001 - 12:29 pm:

I did it again.

Cute boy and here I am, curled up on his couch, with arms and lips touching, and the whole time I'm saying it's wrong.

It's wrong. And it felt wrong,
    but I kept at it
    and maybe I was doing it out of rebellion..

out of looking at myself, holy shit, I'm only 23. I'm in love with a 33 year old. He's moving in in 3 months. It's gonna be him and I always.

That's the plan anyway.

And that scares the shit out of me.

Oh god, I'm not ready.

But I am.

He's everything packed tightly in a human body. My own angel with black wings. He makes me laugh.

I mean really laugh.

So maybe this kiss, this fondle, it was a goodbye of sorts. I told the other boy what it was.

"We've gotten past the orgasm, when do we start going back to being friends? You know we can't do this again right?"

And I'm feeling guilty as hell, and I can't talk to anyone here about it because they all love Rex and I'll look like a cunt. (Christ, my mom even liked him.) And I love Rex too. And I want to not lie or cheat, or kiss other boys, because when it comes down to it, the rest of them don't add up the way he does.

But I did it anyway.

And I wonder if someday I'll do it again.

And I hate that.

And I hope he doesn't sneak in here and read this but if he does, well it's his own fucking fault.

I told him to stay away.

By Trace on Friday, June 1, 2001 - 12:50 pm:

I was getting ready to say something about you being only 23 and you should just play around for now, but then I realized I was 24 when I got married.....
    So never mind.

By patrick on Friday, June 1, 2001 - 01:08 pm:

call me kalliope...if you can get a way for a minute.

By Spider on Friday, June 1, 2001 - 01:36 pm:

My favorite aunt got married at 20. She's 45 now, and her marriage is great.

Another aunt of mine got married at 43. She's 47 now, and her marriage is okay.

My mother got married a month before her 26th birthday, and she and my dad are getting divorced.

This is my wisdom.

By J on Friday, June 1, 2001 - 03:01 pm:

My dad was 9 years older than my Mom,and they got on great,anytime you get married or live with someone your taking a chance people change or grow apart,but you never will know unless you try,and I don't think I'd like going through life wondering why I didn't.

By The Watcher on Friday, June 1, 2001 - 04:07 pm:

I was 20 when I married my wife. She is four years older than me. We have been togeather for 26 years.

The only way to make a Marriage work is to:

1. Never ever concider divorse a viable option. Divorse is only concidered when one is unfaithful.

2. Always remember your mate is your best friend.

3. Never cheat. You can look but never touch.

By Nate on Friday, June 1, 2001 - 05:57 pm:

so explain why sex with someone else is worthy of divorce, but a few knocks with a closed fist, isn't?

By The Watcher on Friday, June 1, 2001 - 06:03 pm:

Good point.

I do believe more would sucome to wandering than to violence.

But, then sometimes I am an optomist.

Most times not.

By Nate on Friday, June 1, 2001 - 06:11 pm:

i don't think that wandering is necessarily a crime against a relationship. there are a lot of factors, and ultimately where your partner's heart is, not sex life, is what is important.

wandering may be a symptom of another problem. or wandering may just be natural, hormonal and purely physical.

By semillama on Friday, June 1, 2001 - 06:52 pm:

True. Humans are not naturally a monogamous species, and yeah, maybe back in the "Good ol' days" divorce was unheard of, but then agian so was living past 40.

By Nate on Friday, June 1, 2001 - 07:01 pm:

we could all learn from the Bonobos.

By Spider on Monday, June 4, 2001 - 09:33 am:

We're more cognitively advanced than Bonobos. We should act like it.

By Kalliope on Monday, June 4, 2001 - 11:46 am:

The thing is..

and I don't think he understands this..

I'm confident of his love for me. I'm confident in mine for him. He tells me about a girl at the pool hall the other night who wanted him to go home with her. How he said no. I asked, "Well, if it wasn't for me, would you have?" "Yes."...and to be honest, I don't have a huge jealousy streak. I wouldn't flip out if he was with someone else...I can understand why most people would...I'm not looking at this blindly..

but for me, personally, I'm starting to understand that we're not monogamous creatures really...or I'm not. The guilt comes from not being able to tell him....

It's all too fucking confusing..

but I like what I have..

and I'm not gonna screw it just because of pretty lips.

By Nate on Monday, June 4, 2001 - 12:47 pm:

your sexism noted, spider.

By Spider on Monday, June 4, 2001 - 01:24 pm:

Thank you.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact