George Lucas

sorabji.com: Are you stupid?: George Lucas
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 09:07 am:

According to cinescape.com. Lucas has given a title to Star Wars: Episode II.

The title is (Please swallow anything you may have in your mouth to keep from choking or spewing across your computer screen):

ATTACK OF THE CLONES

I am NOT making this up.

By Antigone on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 10:41 am:

That fits with the story line, though. CLone Wars, and whatnot...

Besides, who are we to say what title is stupid? I mean, you're imposing your values on the society of a galaxy long ago, far away. How fucked up is that?

By Spider on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 11:25 am:

At least it's not Attack of the Killer Clones.

By Nate on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 11:56 am:

or: hello, dolly.

By Nate on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 11:57 am:

or, even: hello, dolly now DIE DIE DIE MOTHERFUCKAHA HAHAHAH DIE FUCKAHAHAH FFHFHAHAHHAHA DIE YOU FUCKING JEDI FUCKOS AHAHAHAH.

By Nate on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 11:58 am:

do clones dream of cloned sheep?

By semillama on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 12:12 pm:

C'mon. Attack of the Clones?

How about just, "The Clone War"?

I thought "The Phantom Menace" sounded corny, but compared to this, it sounds cool.

What's going to be the title for Episode III, "Darth Vader Gets Jurassic on the Punk Ass Jedi Suckas!"?

Actually, that's a lot better than "Attack of the Clones."

By Nate on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 12:16 pm:

Return of the Jedi was bad, too. The Empire Strikes Back? c'mon!

The Empire Strikes Back?! but that movie was so fucking rad that the name has become one with culture and we all accept it now.

Return of the Jedi was originally reported to be Revenge of the Jedi.

sounds like a bad rap album or a low budget kung fu film.

maybe they'll do a last minute change to something like Assault of the Wicked Awesome Cloneass Motherfuckers

By semillama on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 12:33 pm:

I keep wanting to say, "Attack of the Clowns."

"Return of the Jedi" wasn't too bad a name. "The Empire Strikes Back", I'll give you. In fact, it sounds a lot like "Attack of the Clones."

By Antigone on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 12:41 pm:

It's funny that the title was in the news today, given that there'll be another announcement about human cloning in Washington as well.

Hmmmmmmmm.....

By patrick on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 12:54 pm:

its not funny antigone.

really, its not.

By bell_jar on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 12:59 pm:

it's funny, in me hole.

By Antigone on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 01:35 pm:

patrick, you got a problem with human cloning, you luddite freakazoid fuckwit?

By heather on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 01:56 pm:

there's something funny about human cloning to me today
    and hell ya, make parts

but don't clone me please, i'm confused enough already

and sem. it may have something to do with the adage 'the title should never be better than the work'

By patrick on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 01:57 pm:

i didnt say anything about that

i was remarking that what you pointed out wasnt funny.

now on to how i feel about human cloning...

its inevitable.

By Nate on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 02:19 pm:

it's, patty. thanks for playing.

By heather on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 02:25 pm:

he didnt use any apostrophes mr observant spell master

By pez on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 02:38 pm:

the should do the ads lynda barry style:

ATTACK! OF! THE! CLONES!!!!!! BY GEORGE LUCAS!!!!! HE'S GREAT!!!!!!!!

By Nate on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 03:51 pm:

heather, have you met my russian friend?

By Hal on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 03:53 pm:

I'm more pissed off with Lucas over the DVD thing, STAR WARS will
    never be on DVD because there was no transfer format for THX to DVD.
    Dolby got the bid, and Lucas told the world, "OK fuck you all, no STAR WARS trilogy on DVD, Fuck you all."

Fucko.

By Spider on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 04:01 pm:

Hal, what is up with your line formatting?

By Platypus on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 04:06 pm:

Easy there Hal. It's going to be all right. They're just lying to you to make you mad so that when they release it for 49.99 you'll run out and buy it.

By Hal on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 04:26 pm:

Oh I'm using Lynx, because I'm ssh'ed into one of TBone's machines,
    And Lynx is a text based webbrowser so I don't get all the pretty stuff... kind of a pain in the ass, gets to me a lot. I'm trying to work with it.

That is whats up with my line formatting.

By Nate on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 04:34 pm:

is this your surfing from work remedy?

lynx. that's so... 1990.

By Hal on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 05:06 pm:

Well it wasn't up until my boss quit and Steve the 400 lb. man in my cubicle took over our department. He's decided to be a more "hands on" type of manager.

Fuckhead anyway, so instead of missing out on my daily support group I figure I'll just do it this way.

By moonit on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 05:11 pm:

heh TV3 here is showing them all back to back next month.

'i think the boy wants to watch.

By spunky on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 10:06 pm:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact