I am confused, Who's Not Letting go?

sorabji.com: Are you stupid?: I am confused, Who's Not Letting go?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Enough Already on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 02:53 pm:

Gore Not Bitter Enough for Walters,
    She Urges Hillary for VP

During her 20/20 interview with Al Gore shown on Friday night, Barbara Walters expressed exasperation with Al Gore’s lack of outrage over not getting the presidency, wondering “why aren’t you...bitter?,” suggesting he declare “I won the popular vote!” and demanding: “How can you sit here this calmly now?” She also declared that “there are few things Al Gore cares more about than the state of the American family,” and wanted know if he would “consider Hillary Clinton as a possible running mate” so “you could have a Gore-Clinton ticket?”

Some highlights from the interview taped a couple of weeks ago at the Gore’s new home in Nashville and shown on the November 15 20/20 on ABC:

-- Walters disappointed by Al Gore’s lack of adequate outage at being cheated out of the presidency:
    Walters: “Were you cheated out of the presidency?”
    Al Gore: “I think that, you know, it’s kind of like a sporting event where the referee makes a crucial call and the instant reply doesn’t govern and you disagree with the call, but you’ve agreed to play by the rules of the game.”
    Walters, exasperated: “But you almost were President! Why aren’t you, I don’t know, bitter? Why aren’t you, you know, why don’t you say 'I was this close [holds fingers together], I won the popular vote!’ How can you sit here this calmly now and say 'oh well, it’s like a football game’ or something?”
    Gore: “I’m not saying it was easy for me emotionally. It wasn’t easy. I tried my best not only because I had prayed about it, I knew what was the best thing for me personally, but also because I really felt strongly it was the best thing for the country.”
    Walters to Tipper Gore: “How’d you comfort each other? What’d you say?”

-- The Gores as protectors of a champions for the American family: “There are few things Al Gore cares more about than the state of the American family. In fact, for the past eleven years Al and Tipper Gore have hosted a major conference at Vanderbilt University to dig into critical issues impacting the family today. As a result of their involvement in the family conference, their own family’s experience and deeply held beliefs, Al and Tipper Gore have written a new book on the American family called, Joined at the Heart.”

But separated by the higher taxes liberals like Gore love to impose and raise.

-- Urging Gore to elevate Senator Hillary Clinton:
    Walters: “Would you consider a woman as your running mate?”
    Gore: “Sure. I did last time.”
    Walters: “Would you consider Hillary Clinton as a possible running mate and you could have a Gore-Clinton ticket?”
    Gore: “Sure.”

By patrick on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 03:10 pm:

why do you even bother with this spunky?

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

fuck man......

By patrick on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 03:11 pm:

you're confused because you waste your time with this stupid shit.

By spunky on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 03:40 pm:

Just trying to provide info on the liberal media that you insist does not exist.

The truth is out there.

By kazoo on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 03:57 pm:

Spunkem,

How is that proof? Barbara Walters interviews everybody. EVERY president since Nixon. The Shah of Iran. John Wayne. Colin Powell. David Geffen. Lady Bird Johnson. So maybe she favors a liberal opinion.

No one is saying there isn't ANY liberal media.

And no one has given Pat Buchanan or Newt Gingrich a televised interview ever?

What about Chris Matthews? Bill O'Reilly?

Spunkem, don't take this the wrong way...but I think you need to lay off the news for a while. Seriously. Take a break.

By semillama on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 04:03 pm:

like here:

http://www.canada.com/national/story.asp?id={3B270089-BAC7-428D-91A0-785CF30C08D7}

There is "A" liberal media, of course. Just like there is "A" mainstream media, and "A" conservative media.

If that's what you mean, spunky, then yeah, right, ok. but if you mean that the ENTIRE media is liberal, you're pulling the wool over your own eyes.

You want a good example of a liberal media source, take Marvel comics. they have a pretty liberal slant to a lot of their stories, which none the less are still very patriotic as well when it's part of the story (ie, anything to do with Capt. America). The liberal slant comes in with the use of "mutants" as an allegory for racism, and they have also used it as a general allegory for a blanket fear and hatred of another group, such as homosexuals.
    They just started a limited series called "Truth" which has a (fictional) story line about the program to create a supersoldier during WWII, which ultimately resulted in the creation of blonde, blue-eyed Captain America. The twist here is that the government tried out all the test serums on black enlistees, a la the Tuskegee Experiment. I just read the first issue and it's really good. Kyle Baker does the art.

there's your liberal media.

By spunky on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 04:14 pm:

I used to call her Barbara WaWa (I think that came from SNL)....

It doesn't really matter anymore anyway.
    None of it does.

By Go Joe on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 04:19 pm:

GI Joe's enemy's chainged from Cobra to Evil Polluters, at least the last time I actually paid any attention....

By semillama on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 04:22 pm:

yeah, whatever. It's still cobra, with the emphasis even more on the terrorist aspect.

And what's wrong with fighting evil polluters?

By kazoo on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 04:42 pm:

"It doesn't really matter anymore anyway.
    None of it does."

That sounds sad...I'm sorry spunkem

By unspunky on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 04:58 pm:

everything is all screwed up, the republicans that are in office now are not true conservatives, the democrats have let the liberal left take them way off course, and I am not sure who is really driving anyway.
    Some of Bush's decisions are confusing, seem in contrast to what would be considered a conservative view, this new Homeland Security Act may end up making my job a redundant one because the Pentagon has taken on the same thing over there, which is such a collasal waste of money.....

By patrick on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 05:30 pm:

spunk, the sooner you learn we are controlled by money, corporate interests and greed the better. the more clear bush's decisions become with this in mind. the more our foreign policy becomes clear.

the concept of public service and the foundation of our republic is slipping away and has been for some time.

you wanna know who im completely swept off my feet by in terms of government.....Senator Byrd from WV. I heard his speech yesterday citing some obscure Roman history regarding the Homeland Security Bill.

fuck.

He's a treasure in our Senate regardless of who's side he is on. He essentially called all the other senators who caved into Bush on the Homeland Security traitors to their creed as Senators. He said he was positive people voted against their true desires, and for that, they are a shame to their oath.

If i could find some excerpts I will post them.

He's one of the last uncorrupted patriots we have in government.

I've said it before and now kazoo is reiterating it....ditch the media for a while, if not the extreme shit (i.e. Limbaugh) the everyday stuff too.

Im a news junky but i avoid the extreme crap, its just lies and sensationalism, thats all.

Limbaugh makes as much sense as his liberal counterparts but that doesnt mean he is right.

Also, remarking on "liberal media" really shows your ass. The media tip toes around Bush. They salivated at Clinton. The took every chance they could to rake his name through the mud. Now anything remotely critical of Bush, be it energy scandels, foreign policy is toned down considerably. The media, mainstream that is, is consistantly conservative.

By patrick on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 01:26 pm:

here...see for yourself:

White House Loosens Clean Air Rules

pay particular attention to:
    "Electric companies and their employees contributed at least $11 million to the GOP in the 2001-02 election cycle, more than twice as much as they gave Democrats, according to figures compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics, a nonpartisan group that tracks campaign finance."

"Coal companies and their employees made at least $1.9 million in political contributions in that period, with more than $8 of every $10 going to Republicans, the center found."

"Bush's 2000 presidential campaign was also a major beneficiary of the industries' largess. Several energy executives raised at least $100,000 each for Bush's campaign, and the energy industry, including electric and mining companies, gave more than $2.8 million.

"Many of the fund-raisers and donors were members of Bush's transition team, weighing in on energy and environmental policy as the president set up his administration."

do the math.

By trace on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 02:34 pm:

"extreme shit (i.e. Limbaugh)"
    Careful old chap, you are being to sound like
    Tom Daschle

By patrick on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 02:42 pm:

we say the same thing, for different reasons.

Daschle doesnt represent me.

By trace on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 02:47 pm:

You think Rush incites violence?
    Seriously?

By patrick on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 02:53 pm:

i think the whole issue is a waste of time.

this is what i mean...getting caught up with the nonsense.

By patrick on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 02:54 pm:

now the fact i have your ass in Check....

this is another matter.

By checked on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 02:58 pm:

i told you it had been a while since I played last.
    I just gotta get back into the groove

By Nate on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 03:56 pm:

"spunk, the sooner you learn we are controlled by money, corporate interests and greed the better. the more clear bush's decisions become with this in mind. the more our foreign policy becomes clear. "

the funny thing is that this is what's best for america.

two men want to win the kentucky derby. one man knows that a magical unicorn could out run anything fielded, so he spends all his money looking for one. the other man just buys the best horse he can find.

which man is more likely to field the winning steed?

By trace on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 04:08 pm:

Not bad, Nate.
    And Patrick, no Gore is not in office, but he is still very much in the public view.
    He has spent the last 6 months taking shots at Bush, most unfounded. I like his latest one, however. It went something like this:
    "I think Bush finally did the right thing and went back to the UN. Where we go from here, I have no idea".
    All I can say is "Damn, glad YOUR not the President then."

By Still Conservative Trace on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 04:12 pm:

By Antigone on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 04:33 pm:

Nate, is that what you're calling logic these days?

I think you're the one in the fairy tale.

By trace on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 04:41 pm:

I am begining to think that we have yet to see real fire works.

This whole war on terrorism, homeland security thing might just lead to the second civil war.

The first one, at least as far as I can tell was a basic struggle over the right of the government to tell individual business owners, land owners and farmers how they ran thier business. Slaves were jsut one of the things the secessionists were pissed about.

The second one will be over the rights of the government to interfere in you life in the interest of national security, the federal government stepping in an taking over accounting practices in privately owned businesses, and "Poltical Correctness".
    Also a bone of contention could be the open border policies of this country.

Have you seen what is going on in Arizona?

By trace on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 04:43 pm:

Oh, and the increasing interest the feds currently have in using the military to patrol civilians. You probably have not heard much about it yet, but after January or February, you will. Especially if there is another large attack on American Soil.

By patrick on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 05:14 pm:

what about open border polcies? are you going Pat Buchannon on us now spunk?

god damn.

whatever you're smoking nate, im a few hours behind.

Most of Gore's so called "shots" have actually been quite founded, its just he looks like an ass saying them considering his irrelavence.

He is irrelavent. He is not leadership material...and the Democrats need to wise up to this, so Im still dumbfounded as to why you pay any attention to him. Id say its only because that cocksucker Limbaugh keeps you thinking about him, which is why shows like his (left or right) are a waste of time.

I mean don't you feel like you're in a monkey cage and there's that fat, deaf fuck in the center screeching like a chimp banging sticks around?

Americans are too complacent with stupid ass pop shows, bachelor shows and other mindless shit like that to care enough to go to arms over any of this....which is why most of the idiotic public is laying down as they continue their demolition of the Constitution.

By semillama on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 05:46 pm:

What are you talking about, trace? what's going on in Arizona? What's supposed to happen in January?

By Antigone on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 06:05 pm:

Trace isn't following Pat Buchannan, he's following Bill O'Reilly.

Apart from the fact that O'Reilly is a sanctimonious hypocrite, I kinda like him. Sometimes he has good stuff to say, and it's the most interesting program on at 3am. And he's just about the only thing on Fox News that isn't Bush administration propaganda, most of the time at least.

By patrick on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 06:21 pm:

i saw Ariana Huffington recently on some show, discussing the column that you posted a couple weeks back.

i had never seen her before and though i've listened to her before, as shes on a weekly radio program here, I always dismissed her. I admit, her accent annoyed me, and I was biased because of that fact. However, after that particular article and then seeing her....i think...i think i kinda find her totally shag-able.

Reading this about her Im guessing she made a political transition in recent years.

i couple lines caught my eye and reassured said shag factor:

"I now have no political heroes. My heroes are the men and women who are working up-close and personal--sometimes wrenchingly so--to turn lives around."

*swooon*

By Antigone on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 06:40 pm:

She's a regular contributer to Salon, too...

By spunky on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 07:27 pm:

O'Rielly?

He's a liberal prick.

No.
    Phil Graham makes a lot of sense, and so does Buchannan. I really followed both of them in 88 and 92, and had held out hopes of one of them making a presidential bid durring Cliton's (sic) terms, but alas...
    The The Arizona Militia is interesting.

By patrick on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 07:38 pm:

im finding myself appreciating what those freaky militiamen stand for....however, im not fully comfortable with their methods or advocacy of ultra violence.

im fairly confident the anthrax mess a year ago was the doing of some sort of domestic group like them.

By Antigone on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 07:55 pm:

O'Reilly is a liberal prick?

God help ye, spunkster.

By trace on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 11:10 pm:

maybe i am getting matthews and o'reilly confused...

By J on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 12:50 am:

White house singing at the dead of night,take these broken ewes and fuck yourself,all your life,you were only waiting for this moment to arrive.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact