lorazepam

sorabji.com: Are you stupid?: lorazepam
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By kazoo on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 00:30 am:

This is by far the stupidest thing I have ever done. I probably shouldn't be alive today.

A few years ago, during the years of extreme depression where I walked the fine line between drug experimentation and abuse, I overdosed on the anti-anxiety drug, lorazepam. I took about seven, which didn't knock me out completely but I totally blacked out. I then proceeded to get into my father's car, which I had borrowed for the evening, and drove across town (from Brighton to Somerville) to my friends house. I was then supposed to drive another 45 minutes to Lowell for a party. I have a vague memory of rear-ending someone on the way to their house, which was later confirmed by my friend Phil who said that I told him I did it. I got to my friend's house and told everyone what I had done. Then they took me to the party. I have two memories of the party, first talking to my friend Ben (who is/was a raging alcoholic) about how he wanted to stop drinking and then watching my friend Brian throw up all over the sidewalk and wondering if it was my fault because he had kissed me earlier and that might make him sick since he's gay. Then we went back to somerville where I got my father's car and drove home. I know this because the next memory I have is of waking up at 2PM in my apartment. I was supposed to be at work at 10AM. I called work and told them that I had an allergic reaction to my new medication and they were fine. Apparently they called when I didn't show up and my roommate, Amanda told them that I was sick. She told me that she tried to wake me but I wouldn't and she kept checking on me to see if I was still breathing. I immediately called my friends to see what had happened. Phil said I got to their house, told them what I had done, that I seemed out of it, slower than usual, and they took me to the party anyway but didn't let me drive. I then looked at my journal which was open on the floor and in it I had written something like this, "oh my god what did i do? i took all the pills maybe seven did i say anything stoopid."

Yes, that was dumb. Very, very dumb.

It didn't take too long to get my life together after that. It still tugs in my chest sometimes when I think about how I could have died in an accident or stopped breathing if I'd taken any more. It really it home when, a little less than a year later, we found out about my brother's heroin habit and when I saw what that did to my parents, especially my mother...I was like, FUCK...I almost hurt her like that.

By sarah on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 03:20 pm:

the stupidest thing i ever did was move to texas.

the second stupidest thing i ever did was fall in love.

By Spider on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 04:15 pm:

Kazoo, that nearly made me cry. I'm so glad you were okay.

The stupidest thing I ever did was get severely depressed and withdrawn during my first three years of college.

That made me:

*make no friends (acquaintances, yes)
    *keep silent in class
    *take no educational/experiential risks
    *want to die

Well, I guess the really stupid thing was not getting help for the depression right away. It wasn't my fault I got sick in the first place.

By kazoo on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 06:07 pm:

Thanks Spider. How did you pull yourself out of that funk?

By Ophelia on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 10:49 pm:

kazoo, thats really scary. i'm glad you were able to pull together soon after that. i used to get scared of doing something like that, which is one of the reasons meds scare me. for that reason i quit the claritin, prozac, and lithium i was on right before coming to college, which a lot of people told me was a dumb idea, but i was really hoping i would be able to pull it together without them...so far i'm doing okay, though i have noticed the ADD being a problem. But meds really scare me.

the dumbest thing i did recently was falling off a fifth floor fire escape...i landed on the fourth floor, so i was okay except a puncture in my leg which was fine with stitches, but mostly it was just really scary since i didn't know where i would would land.

By Spider on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 09:38 am:

Kazoo, this will sound crazy, but I attribute my getting better to going to a healing Mass in the summer before my junior year and then seeing the Thin Red Line a few months later. (At this time, I didn't like men, well, at all, and that movie changed that.)

All I know is I did absolutely nothing myself -- I didn't consciously work on getting better or changing the way I thought or anything. All of a sudden, I just got better. My thinking did change, but not until after I had had those two experiences.

By kazoo on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 10:34 am:

That doesn't sound crazy. It was years before I actually got to a place where I wasn't having obsessive, irrational thoughts about myself. I think I described this moment somewhere around here...I just looked at myself in the mirror and saw a different person.

I stole the lorazepam by the way, which just adds to the utter stupidity of the whole thing.

Ophelia, what do you do to keep yourself together? I'm on Wellbutrin now which has done wonders but want to work on getting off it soon. I was hoping by now I would be, but I recently relapsed and have been trying to deal with that. This happens almost every April. Part of it has to do with the change in temperature, and part of it has to do with stupid thing going on in my life.

By kazoo on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 10:34 am:

That doesn't sound crazy. It was years before I actually got to a place where I wasn't having obsessive, irrational thoughts about myself. I think I described this moment somewhere around here...I just looked at myself in the mirror and saw a different person.

I stole the lorazepam by the way, which just adds to the utter stupidity of the whole thing.

Ophelia, what do you do to keep yourself together? I'm on Wellbutrin now which has done wonders but want to work on getting off it soon. I was hoping by now I would be, but I recently relapsed and have been trying to deal with that. This happens almost every April. Part of it has to do with the change in temperature, and part of it has to do with stupid thing going on in my life.

By eri on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 11:49 pm:

I tried the Wellbutrin but it really fucked me up. I was also on Zoloft for a while, but just felt like a zombie and quit it because I didn't like myself even more when I was on that. I couldn't enjoy the few happy things I had when I was on that stuff so I quit it two weeks early.

Funny thing was after the effects of the pill wore off I meditated a little but didn't really need anything else, I felt so much better just being off of the stuff and not having this cloud of drugs over me, that it just kinda happened.

But that is just me.

By J on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 01:34 pm:

My daughter Heather took Wellbutrin and it gave her the hives.

By patrick on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 02:05 pm:

i took Popeye vitamins and got the heebeegeebee's

By kazoo on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 02:13 pm:

Vitamins. My pee has been glowing for days.

When we were kids we took extra bam-bams to get Flin-stoned. Poppin' Pebbles on the Playground ohyeah

By Ophelia on Saturday, April 12, 2003 - 02:08 pm:

"Ophelia, what do you do to keep yourself together?"

Um, i dont even know...i think that one reason i was okay was that a lot of my problems were related to a really tense relationship with my mother, and now that i'm not at home, i am a lot less stressed. i was on the prozac as an anti-anxiety thing, and i was pretty skeptical of needing to be on it. but i am very submissive to my mother and she thought i needed meds...thats not the entire thing, i mean obviously the doctor agreed they would help and stuff, and i was somewhat messed up, but if not for pressure from my mom my preferred method would have been maybe therapy (which i was in anyways) and more of a prayer, meditation, etc. approach to being less stressed. I honestly dont know if it would have worked or if the medication really was what i needed to get back on track. But i was ready to try without the meds when i came here...also i didnt take the meds this summer when i was out in yellowstone (i took them along in case i started needing them, but i didn't touch them once), and out there i figured out that in a different environment i was really okay. So here, i have a drawer full of meds, but haven't used them at all, except ritalin on a few occasions. it really does help me. the thing was, with the other drugs, the fact that i was on them stressed me out even more. i dont really know what i did differently to be okay without them, since a whole lot has changed about my life since leaving home, i mean, college is a different lifestyle, you know? so i dont know what specifically enabled me to be okay without the drugs. but i'm pretty happy now.

By Barry.z on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 04:36 pm:

iv'ebeen taking 1mg of lorazepam for 4 month's now every moning, can any body tell me how i can get off tham thanks bz

By Spider on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 04:46 pm:

Why don't you ask your doctor?

By wisper on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 06:47 pm:

oh spider, you and your easy answers.
    why should anyone ask a doctor when they could ask a room full of strangers on the internet?

By Hopeful on Friday, November 7, 2003 - 06:34 pm:

I was on ativan for years. On 11/29/03 crashed
    my car in a telephone pole found myself in a
    hospital with cops around me my cloths had been
    cut off me. No relection of what I did I am still
    having withdrawal symptoms (it has been over a month). Now waiting to see what is going to happen
    to me with the law. I blame myself for trusting
    my shrink. I'm so happy I dd not hurt or kill
    someone else, I could not lived with that.
    This has been so painful....I'm still in pain.
    Hope my husband does not leave me.

By Cameron on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 03:22 am:

does anyone know at whatdosage lorazepam is fatal? i'm afraid one day of accidently overdosing. trying to avoid that, but need it to get thru the day. But it is starting to take more and more just to cope. Can anyone tell me how much is too much.

By TBone on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 11:39 am:

You need to stop upping your dose, or you're going to wish it was fatal.

By Spider on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 11:51 am:

If you yourself are upping the dose without consulting your doctor, you are in for a world of hurt. Talk to your doctor about this now.

By Nate on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 01:17 pm:

"On 11/29/03 crashed
    my car in a telephone pole found myself in a
    hospital with cops around me my cloths had been
    cut off me. "

ativan must be powerful. be careful a week from saturday.

By Newbe on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 03:00 pm:

Does anyone know how long lorazepam stays in your system after your last dosage?

By Friend on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 06:51 pm:

I'm leaving with a friend who got prescribed lorazepam for anxiety, he's suppost to take one or two a day, as needed. Well its gotten worse than that now, he took 6 of them yesterday and he says none today. He is laying in the bed with his jaws hurting, chest hurting, and shortness of breath. How many is two much for him to take a day? Cause I think he's addicted, and I don't want him dead.

By semillama on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 11:00 am:

Why don't you ask a doctor?

Seriously.

It's like some people think the Internet is some magical Oracle of Delphi or something.

By kazu on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 11:03 am:

It's not.

oh.

sad now.

By Dying to live on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 02:21 am:

I have taken Loraszepam for several months. I fill the prescription (60 pills in the bottle) and not once, but FOUR times, (at a 2 mg dosage) I have taken every single pill all at once.

So, whatever mg is fatal, I can't tell you, because with all of my attempts, I am still here.

And thankfully, off it and getting real help!

By dave. on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 04:10 am:

send me all your (clearly labeled) failed psychoactive meds.

serious.

don't make me go through the bullshit of asking my doctor.

By heather on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 04:17 am:

that might be difficult seeing as they already took them all in one sitting

By dave. on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 11:49 am:

oh yeah.

nevermind.

By TBone on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 12:45 pm:

Just get them online. I'm sure you get several offers a day in your inbox.

By dave. on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 01:22 pm:

my inbox stays ridiculously free of spam.

By Anitgone on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 01:26 pm:

Shit, you want me to forward mine?

By dave. on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 01:28 pm:

gimme

By Antigone on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 01:34 pm:

There, I sent ya two. You happy now?

Well, they're not Loraszepam spam. I don't read them closely enough to know if I get any of those.

But it's spam nonetheless!

By dave. on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 01:50 pm:

i misunderstood. thanks, anyway.

By TBone on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 01:52 pm:

I can have my spam checker just forward it all to you.
    If you really do something as crazy as ordering pharmecudicals online, do it just to see how it treats you. If you want to keep it up, talk to a doctor. It's easy.
    Some of the better doctors ask if you've ever tried the drug before -- recreationally or otherwise. It helps them to know how it effects you.

By patrick on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 02:13 pm:

a buddy of mine scored some real deal absinthe over the internet. i admit though, id be too pussy to take anything over the internet.

dave, just drive up to canada. hook up on one of those elderly pill bus tours they arrange.

By J on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 02:32 pm:

Tell me where your buddy got that absinthe,please:)I always wanted to try it,even thought of making it.

By patrick on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 02:43 pm:

i dont know but i will inquire. actually, they shipped out of AZ, i do know that much.

you need to be sure and buy stuff produced in either Czech or Spain. Those are the only two places where production is still legal. He got some shit made in france, but who knows.

By Antigone on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 05:23 pm:

Alright, who's fuckin' with me? I just got this spammage:

will respond to your inquiry shortly.

For FDA-Approved ovulation predictor kits and pregnancy tests, as well
    as Progesterone Cream, BBT Thermometers and other fertility products,
    please visit: Ovulation-Predictor.com
    http://www.ovulation-predictor.com

Thanks Again for Visiting!

Mira
    info@ovulation-calculator

DAVE!

By moonit on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 10:47 pm:

We can buy absinthe here. Some clubs sell it, and some bottle stores.

By dave. on Friday, April 9, 2004 - 10:54 pm:

it wasn't me, man. but it looks like spamguard caught ya.

By J on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 04:00 pm:

Have you ever tried it Moonit? Patrick did your friend like it?

By Ophelia on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 07:13 am:

huh, funny to come back to this thread a year later.

some of my friends, or acquaintances, really, had a bottle of absinthe this fall. i'd never heard of it before, but i was curious. they didn't offer me any. i was planning on doing homework that night anyhow.

i hate the amount of email i get. and i hate spam as a part of that. makes my life too cluttered.

that's all i've got to say about those ones, and i've already mentioned spring. just missing the place i guess.

By patrick on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 01:07 pm:

j i tried some of myself. its ok. but its really hard to tell if its the real deal. i had some stuff a friend actually bought when in Czech. Last 4th of July. We cooked it up right, with the sugar spoon etc and I had about a shots worth and was T- Rashed.

The stuff my friend got in AZ. I only had about a cocktail glass worth and i was no where near as messed up as I was previously so Im skeptical.

moonit, while they may market 'absinthe' in NZ, im willing to bet its not the original concoction as its only legal to produce in those two countries ive mentioned.

Id say 90% of the shit being sold out there as 'absinthe' is not the real concoction.

J, scour the net, thats how he found it but buyer beware, i get the impression most of the shit out there is refined cough syrup.

By J on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 02:25 pm:

I've seen recipes for it on the net,I remember you needed wormwood.

By Anitgone on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 07:53 pm:

OK, GODDAMMIT!

Hello !!!!!,

We have received your request to join the hfs-assn
    group hosted by Yahoo! Groups, a free, easy-to-use community service.

This request will expire in 7 days.

TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE GROUP:

1) Go to the Yahoo! Groups site by clicking on this link:

(*#&$(@*#*(&@#^$(*&@#^)(*@#&

line above into your
    Web browser's address bar.)

-OR-

2) REPLY to this email by clicking "Reply" and then "Send"
    in your email program

If you did not request, or do not want, a membership in the
    hfs-assn group, please accept our apologies
    and ignore this message.

Regards,

Yahoo! Groups Customer Care

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

By jack on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 11:06 pm:

are you getting a lot of that? that's unfortunate. coincidentally, i want to know who's responsible for the odd stream of messages that i've lately been getting. typical example:

Hello pompous fuckface!,

We have received your request to join the eat-hot-fuck group hosted by sorabji.groups, a free, easy-to-use community service.

This request will expire in 13 or 23 minutes or whenever the webcam updates. Take a wild guess. I'm Rick James, bitch!

TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE GROUP:

1) Go to the sorabji.groups site by clicking on this link:

....//................

or by pasting the above line into your
    Web browser's address bar and then

a) post a confessional narrative,
    b) bait,
    c) exude cryptic smugness,
    d) whine,
    e) beg, or (preferably)
    f) all of the above (especially if drunk).

Then wait for approval and/or abuse. Waaaah!/Hug!/Pout!/Snarl!/Smooch!/Etc.!

-OR-

2) REPLY to this email by clicking "Reply" and then "Send"
    in your email program. Then enjoy the spam, nonsensical recipes, and repulsive but compelling images!

If you did not request, or do not want, a membership in the
    eat-hot-fuck group, please accept our most sincere UP YOURS, ASSHOLE! and bite/lick our privates, fuckface.

Regards,

sorabji.groups Customer ass-fuckers

Your use of sorabji.Groups is subject to
    OUR GOATSUCKING WHIMS

By jack on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 11:15 pm:

(though i don't know who's sending you garbage, antigone)

By moonit on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 06:39 am:

Well I had a shot, with the sugar and the spoon etc, and it fucked me up. I don't like it.

By Antigone on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 12:21 pm:

jack, I feel warm and gooey all over.

By jack on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 12:50 pm:

now that's just eerie.

i was just about to start a new thread called "I Am Sick and Tired of Feeling Warm and Gooey!!!!"

By sarah on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 01:25 pm:

g) use poor grammar
    h) end each sentence with multiple exclamation points
    i) type in all caps

By sarah on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 01:37 pm:

dave.,

just order 30 tablets of 150mg wellbutrin over the internet. i have no idea how expensive it would be, they'll fed ex it to you overnight.

or just go see a doctor. it might even be good for you.

love,
    sarah

By Antigone on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 02:20 pm:

dave.,

Have you tried St John's Wort?

vile putrescence,
    Antigone

By Lb on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 11:14 am:

how long does the anxiety last after you start taking the loraz? i cant'seem to find the right amt of pills to kick it.

By Spider on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 11:17 am:

Someone needs to create an "ASK YOUR FUCKING DOCTOR" macro.

By dave. on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 01:10 pm:

doctors don't know either. uhhh, try . . . ummm. . . 50 mgs less . . . uhhh, per day. no, per dose. yeah, per dose. try that.

By TBone on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 03:22 pm:

But whatever you do, ALWAYS...
    no, wait...
    NEVER...

By kazu on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 03:34 pm:

snort it up your nose

By Lb on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 04:13 pm:

whys that?

By Uncle junkie on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 04:24 pm:

It will give you a rush

By Spider on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 04:28 pm:

No, man, you gotta inject it into your groinal lymph nodes. Talk about a rush...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact