sorabji.com: Are you stupid?: ...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Wednesday, March 5, 2008 - 03:06 pm:

it looks like i have found myself in the same place.

there is a lot/isn't much more to say about it.

By Antigone on Wednesday, March 5, 2008 - 10:52 pm:

spoon

By swine on Wednesday, March 5, 2008 - 11:08 pm:

my cat can kick your cat's ass.

and i'm drinking bad vodka.

i could be drinking some five-time distilled yuppie-bullshit potato-juice... but i'm not.

i'm simply drinking bad vodka.

it tastes good with orange juice.

and i'm ok with that.

but that's not what gives me pleasure.

you know what gives me pleasure right now?

(this is a rhetorical question)

what gives me pleasure right now is this:

my cat can kick your cat's ass.

pussy.

my cat drinks bad vodka.

so fuck you and where you wanna be.

i don't even own a cat.

the cat owns me.

bitch bought the vodka.

By Spider on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 12:28 am:

What does it look like where you are?

By swine on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 12:41 am:

FUCKING AWESOME@
    err.. i meant AWSOME!#$* )@@@!

By Nate on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 01:11 am:

i haven't had anything to drink in over a year, i think.

maybe.

so keep going swine. i want to relish a state of bad vodka vicariousness.

By swine on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 01:26 am:

i'm doing seasons. one off, one on.
    bought a one way to portland,
    JFK-->PDX
    3/31
    FISHES.

By droopy on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 01:54 am:

what a coincidence.
    i, too, am drinking cheap vodka.
    in my usual way: metered and methodical.
    ice-cold, straight-up, and with zakuska.
    all damn night. sometimes i go from 4pm to 5am.

i have a bus story. something that happened today it's a story about a man on a bus who had shit on his shoes. but i've had too much vodka to concentrate on telling it.

have been thinking about what you said, nate. will get back to you when more clear-headed.

By swine on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 02:08 am:

and there's the band.

we need a drummer.

By swine on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 02:49 am:

By swine on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 02:52 am:

cut and paste, motherfucker. cut and paste...

(son you can't do nothin' lying on your back!)

By Nate on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 09:37 am:

but lying on your stomach is another matter all together.

By Nate on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 11:28 am:

stun cult sluice.

By agatha on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 12:18 pm:

That was quite enjoyable. Is that your band, Swine? It wasn't clear through the bad vodka. Truthfully, I like the instrumental component better without that woman's voice. She has a nice voice, it's just that the music was so rockin that her voice almost sounded out of place.

Portland! You should come visit.

Nate, I'm very proud of you.

By Nate on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 01:43 pm:

well, if it hadn't been easy i probably wouldn't have done it. but thanks.

By swine on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 09:16 pm:

i will most definitely come visit, k
    you and dave should move to portland.

nate-- was there some specific event that made you stop drinking or did you just quit for general health?

i went through a period where the idea of drinking alcohol repulsed me-- but that didn't last long.

i'm drinking bad vodka again. thinking about whipping up a bhang lassi. i've been obsessing about getting married and having a kid lately. maybe a bhang lassi will fix that.

By Nate on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 02:01 am:

i had some specific events in '03 and quit, and then i met a girl and eased back into it. i guess the time off changed something in me, because coming back into it i found myself to be a mean fucking drunk. or maybe i'm the same drunk, but sober i'm more concerned about meaness.

either way and unrelated, i broke it off with that girl. we were on good terms for awhile, and she had this little fête and invited me. (and my using fête is because she used fête, and giving the timing of things and the her being a francophile it now occurs to me we were probably celebrating bastille day.)

at the fête i knew next to no one, and was running manic, and soon i was the life of my own party.

oh, there was this meek little snivel named jason who follows similar trends in eyewear and hairloss as i do. my ex introduced me to him "this is jason, he looks just like you."

i think we both said 'hi' and that's all i remember talking to him.

apparently, at some point, i ripped him a verbal new-one. i remember standing in my ex's doorway and having her yell at me about how i'm a total asshole and i was really mean to jason and blah blah.

jason was hovering in the house behind her.

apparently he was flipping me off behind my back the whole night. we filtered off to this little club and he followed. i remember buying shots of don julio for the bar and then running my hand up my ex's skirt and her saying "someone forgets we're not dating anymore."

jason was in the background then.

that was the other thing about him. he had a huge crush on her. if he had swung on me instead of flipping me off behind my head, he would have been fucking her instead of watching her yell at me for being mean to him.

i'm way off topic here. the net of that night was that i decided i didn't like that part of me and i stopped getting drunk. i dropped down to drinking socially, and switching to water after a couple drinks.

shortly after, when i was diagnosed bipolar, i started keeping a mood journal. i was probably averaging a drink or two every other weekend when i realized that even one beer will set me back for a couple days in the skullmeat department.

i've justified drinking eight 2,000 yen beers in a night, but i can't do a two day hit on my happiness anymore.

so, that's it. i really don't miss it. don't miss the green, either. that devil shit, i miss, but i don't tend to be places where it lives.

but fuck, i guess i do miss it. i remember drinking and writing in the sorabjispace, pint jar of absolut, nineteen-ninety...six? seven?

By swine on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 06:02 am:

it was 1997.

there's a lot more to say- but i don't have the energy to say it.

right now i'm drinking trini rum and pineapple juice.

thinking about the lyrics to "baker street".

it's corny, but after i leave this town that song will never sound the same again.

By sarah on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 05:49 pm:

and then this.

By blindswine on Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 02:44 pm:

i'm about ready to buy another one way ticket.

By Oldman on Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 09:42 pm:

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 10:46 pm:

Oldman, I am glad that The Mamas and the Papas is not my mom and dad! It is my sister's favorite song, don't ask.

By Oldman on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 12:52 am:

I’ll just have to guess that she didn’t like Mondays. Glad to see you posting again.

By Dr Pepper on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 12:42 pm:

Yup, Mark suspended my posting for 30 days due to vulgar comments :-(

I am graduating tomorrow night. But I forgot to tell you guys that I did well on my last test. I did well mostly on Math more than any subjects :-)

Now, I was suspended for one day last Friday,for throwing my tamtrum and now, on finding a new jobs and looking forwards to start college . :-P

By heather on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 03:03 pm:

I am more confused than ever.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 01:32 am:

Hi Heather....

By Words on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 12:47 am:

Glass your hill are to up down has yogurt dip ping-pong thrown blown just to welcome am of served bikini.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact