It's always something

sorabji.com: Drunken Ramblings: It's always something
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By J on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 02:52 am:

I had a late start on my drinking,it's almost 11:30 p.m. and I'm still lucid.Where to start? Amee has Orion in day-care now,she had to put him in when we went on vacation,and has kept him in,I watch him tommorrow starting at 5:30 A.M.,I can usually get him back to sleep with me for a couple of hours then it's party time.We were going to take him to the Halloween party,but he came down with a fevor of 103 and Amee had to take off work and get him to a doctor,he has a infection in his tonsils,I think his dr. is a quack,but he's on the pink stuff,he would have made such a cute dalmation.Jerry picked him up when he got off work and we went to the party,Jonathon won 2'nd place for the costume contest in his age division,I was so happy for him,but what he was trying to win was the cake walk,he trys so hard every year,the only time he won anything it was a cupcake,if we were morman,it would have been a full cake,but I'm not going to go there...now,maybe later.I have to pee,I'll be right back.Then we went to the Big Fish Pub to see Ryan's band,not my kind of music,but there were moments that I was impressed,he has apparently learned that it's better to break the vinyl over someone else's head instead of his own.His dad tried to talk me into going up to the pit and letting him bust some record over my head,I told him fuck you,your almost bald,if the vinyl hits it will show up better on a bald head than mine,so he did,he went up there,but to his credit Ryan couldn't do that to his dad,so he broke the record on his head and threw the pieces to him,a kodak moment.Then we went home and watched our pre-recorded jeopardy. Now about this war,is that the best they can do? Anthrax? It's pesky, but I have decided if that's the best they can do since 9/11/2001,then bring it on you little yellow assed pussies.This is the best they can come up with while were constantly bombing over there? Phfff

By Czarina on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 12:47 am:

Wow,I'm proud of Ryan.He's a good kid.I'm glad he didn't clobber S*****.

I'm with you on the anthrax.And they don't think Bin Laden is responsible.Local terrorism.Thats just distasteful.

If they stop the mail,maybe we won't have to pay bills.Thats food for thought.

By eri on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 07:33 am:

If they stop the mail maybe we won't have to pay bills. I wish.

I agree on the anthrax thing to a point. I just find it scary. I don't want my kids getting sick. I wonder if he is or is not responsible, but I don't really think it is local terrorism, that is in no way related. Too many coincidences for me. Anyways......

By J on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 12:25 am:

Who would have imagined a McVeigh?

By patrick on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 11:32 am:

pathetic?

look at the expense, the cost of shut-downs, evacuations, haz-mat deployments, the spreading thin of our police and government forces and so forth...look at the fear toll its taking.

aside from cost of buying the shit blackmarket which the likes of Iraq probably gladly handed them for free....they are posing a formidable and effective threat to our economic and political stability....all for the price of a stamp.

you call that pathetic? were spending millions on bombs that come right in your window and they buy a book fo stamps are reak the havoc they have so far. hardly pathetic.

By J on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 11:36 am:

Hardly as scarey as seeing planes used for bombs,and taking down thousands of people at a time.This postal thing is an inconvenince,but will be taken care of.

By patrick on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 11:54 am:

no bomb is taking out thousands at a time, i assure you. from what i can tell, from the various AP reporters there, the bombing is ineffective. They are hiding in undergound bunkers, caves and ancient aquaducts while we blow our billion dollar bomb load. We are lucky if a bomb takes out 10 Taliban soldiers.

Think about this.....how much did it cost to drive those two planes in the WTC and Pentagon? How many people died? If you weight cost/effectivness of their methods and our methods. We spending billions to do what they did with a less than 100 thousand.

By Hal on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 01:30 pm:

Anthrax is a scare and its worked... Think about it.. Its fucking flu season people, and the primary symtom of anthrax is "flu like symtoms." great so now every tom dick and mary who get the flu are going to go get tested for anthrax.

I'm sick right now, feel like shit, but if I've got anthrax I'm going tofucking die because I don't have the fucking time or the money to make a doctors trip that is going to do nothign more then tell me I need to take some Nyquill and get a lot of sleep. And besides I don't get any fucking mail, unless Patrick sent me som Anthrax with Nico's catolog. Some how I doubt that.

By Czarina on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 03:55 pm:

We can never know for sure who is involved in "sleeper cells",they try to blend in,just like us.

My son asked me if we could make a bomb,that would infect Bin Laden with diarrhea.I said,that yes,it was possible.

He said,well that could solve the problem.

Brrrrmmmmmmppph

By Hal on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 04:18 pm:

Yeah thats what we want....

He'd mail the goooey slime shit back to us.

By Antigone on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 06:26 pm:

"how much did it cost to drive those two planes in the WTC and Pentagon? How many people died? If you weight cost/effectivness of their methods and our methods. We spending billions to do what they did with a less than 100 thousand."

Apples and oranges, you fuckwit.

They attacked a contentrated center of civilians who were not expecting it.

We're atacking a sparse force of hardened soldiers on their home territory. This territory happens to be the most easily defended patch of land on the planet.

By patrick on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 06:53 pm:

its not apples and oranges.

if you are looking to bring down america, this would be one of the many fronts to attack us on no? the finacial front? what about the military establishment they killed at the pentagon.

the bottom line is, they attacked america at its mighty phallic finacial core and military core.

how many soldiers did they kill with a dingy full of explosives in the Gulf last year? One dingy with explsoves nearly sunk a billion dollar, hardened, modern naval destroyer. do the math.

how many soldiers died at the Pentagon?

its not apples and oranges and to look at it so is pointless.

we happen to be the most heavily and technologically armed military on the planet. they have their caves, we have our million dollar super missles, so the fuck what?

so far as im concerned on the scoreboard, we are still behind...and are blowing a lot more money and resources trying to catch up.

By dave. on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 08:13 pm:

they kick our asses in so many ways, mostly because we have to keep our hands tied behind our backs when we fight them. they can run up and kick us as hard as they can, we have to pull our punches. that our weakness and their strength. i think patrick's right in a sense, the only way we can overwhelm them is with cashflow. but that's also a weakness because they are working that angle, too. in effect, everything that has happened is going exactly according to plan -- their plan.

we may be putting on a good show by bombing the fuck out of afghanistan but we're also getting worked over pretty damn nicely.

the cia did a smash-up job with bin laden and his pals.

By Antigone on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 11:19 pm:

"so far as im concerned on the scoreboard, we are still behind...and are blowing a lot more money and resources trying to catch up."

It seems, patrick, that as far as you're concerned the US is always the enemy, always losing, always being outclassed. You ignore so many ways to look at the present situation, and are usually basing your judgements on only the facts you find convenient. Sometimes you make shit up. What's the point of making all of these long posts? Just say, "I think we're all fucked."

I'm starting to see why so many people have ripped your ass up on these boards.

By dave. on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 12:35 am:

personally, if i were president, i'd meet their demands.

get the soldiers out of saudi arabia? done. lift sanctions? done. stop propping up israel and other puppet regimes? done.

on one condition: if anything like this ever happens to our citizens and/or our allies again, we will vaporize you. now go back to your desert and eat crude oil. if decide you still want to sell any of it to us, we'll tell you how much we're willing to pay. otherwise, fuck off.

there's one reason why i'm not president. besides, our own capitalists would assasinate me for fucking up their shitty business opportunities.

mark my words, we will win this but it will be a pyhrric victory and the only real victors will be the same people who always win, who are in a position to manipulate any situation into a win -- the wealthiest. the poor and middle class will merge into the "working class", the wealthy will remain so and the "freedoms" lost in the process will never be restored because it'll be too convenient and possibly even necessary, given the inevitable class-fueled hostility, to keep the workers in their place. it will rain constantly. everywhere in america, cold and rain and wind. think blade runner for the urban areas and mad max for the rural areas. dreary, rainy, mad max, blade runner, living death hell on earth.

but it'll be worth it because we won't be the losers.

By R.C. on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 02:15 am:

But we won't be the winners either.

This isn't a war against a single nation or government. We can't just hang the Terrorist label on one country/vaporize them & be done w/it. What happened on 9/11 is rooted in the fact that American foreign policy has been fucking the people of Third World countries around for a long time. Now/they've started to fuck back. What goes around eventually comes around.

Granted/the Islamic Jihad is well-funded/thanks to Bin Laden's millions. But I don't think they're the ones behind the anthrax. There's not enough carnage in it to satisfy them. All of those letters originated in the states & some were sent overseas/to Third World countries. There was a doctor somewhere in Africa who got one. That's not how Bin Laden & Co. work -- they got after big, famous American targets.

Methinks it's American militia groups that are behind the anthrax. It's a cheap shot/designed specifically to harm gov't employees (postal workers/Congress & the Senate) & the media elite (most of the letters went to major news outlets). The militia types have been waiting since OK.City to take back center stage & they're using the distraction of the war in Afghanistan to ratchet up their program & piggy-back on the fear factor.

None of the assholes who sent those letters got sick or died. Becuz they're pussies -- they weren't willing to take action that wd require them to sacrifice their own lives in order to fulfill their aims. Which is typical of the militia yahoos. They just want to scare people & piss off the Guvamint while remaining safely anonymous.

But I really am afraid that there's going to be another major stateside attack from Bin Laden & Co. before the end of the year.

By Czarina on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 10:29 am:

This is the trippiest war I have ever heard of.Were the situation not so grim,it would be funny.Obviously,they have come up with a "New and Revised" issue of "War Tacticts for the Modern Strategist".

We bomb them.But not on their holy day.

We bomb them.Then drop dandy little food packages,to feed them.

We bomb them.Then drop medical supplies,to patch them up.

We bomb them.Then supply transistor radios,so they can keep abreast of the latest news.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?The last I heard,there was a TWENTY-FIVE MILLION DOLLAR bounty on Bin Ladens head.For that kind of cash,one could live quite comfortably,AND buy one's self a whole new batch of morals and ideals,while living in some tropical paradise.

I repeat,were the situation not so grim,I would have to give credit to these folks.They are defending a vast nothingness,with essentially nothing,and doing a damn good job of it.Yup,if one has to be attacked by a "super-nation",thats the way to go about it.I admire their strategy.

Its working.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 11:32 am:

jesus antigone. thats the bitchiest, whiniest post ive seen from you in ages.

You say I'm ignoring the different ways to look at this, yet, thats an assumption i havent looked at the others ways.I don't ignore the various ways to look at the situation, it is however called MY POINT OF VIEW...see? You have yours, I have mine. But don't pretend to know how I have derived mine. I don't jsut make anything up. I have more integrity than that fucko.

What exactly am I ignoring here?

Do you know I still get chills and sometimes even a few tears when I see the national anthem being performed or the 7th inning stretch patriotic tune being sung? You know how much respect I have for our union? Our founding doctrines? Even the flag? As far as Im concerned your post questioned my patriotism and thats something I take seriously. Its conflicting as hell, whats happening, but don't reduce my opinion as something i simply chalk up like an assembly line makes the same car every day. fuck you.

Instead of just being a little bitch whining about how "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah" my post is so and and so....say something to counterpoint my assesment of the situation. Or continue to post bitchy posts.

Those radios are for propaganda, not news. The fly c-130s equipped with broadcasting equip....and air propaganda. I get an image of Dennis Hopper in a chopper flying over the horizon.....you?

Now they have appointed some advertising exec...who made the Uncle Bens rice campaign a success way back when...to be the Undersecretary of American Publicity or something like that. How obnoxious is that. Trying to sell America to the rest of the world like its a product. As if our cultural imperialism, and corporate exploitation to date wasnt bad enough.

oh wait...did i make that up?

By patrick on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 11:37 am:

and antigone regarding those who have "ripped my ass up"....

i think most have just been as abrasive back at me, as I can be, and i can respect that. I should be able to take what i serve up. Other than sarah, im guessing most who have "ripped my ass up" think Im an otherwise nice guy.

I take responsibility for being an opinionated guy. But I have found most don't judge me on it.

By DaniThe ProudJingoAlwaysAndForever on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 11:46 am:

Patriotism? Loyalty? Opinions? Point of views? How's it feel to defend YOURS this time?

This all to familiar.

I'll save you the trouble....fuck you Dani.

And fuck you too.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 11:53 am:

How does it feel? How does WHAT feel? I have no problem defending or conceeding my arguments.

You really know whats going on do you?

By Dani on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 11:58 am:

Sure do.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 12:49 pm:

rather that would be bobby duvall not dennis hopper.

By Antigone on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 03:30 pm:

Opinionated is one thing.

Ignorant is another.

I don't mind opinionated when there's actual substance backing it up.

"Instead of just being a little bitch whining about how 'blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah' my post is so and and so....say something to counterpoint my assesment of the situation."

There can't be much counterpoint to fluff. Remember when I tried to counter your "the fucking plane was shot down and I KNOW IT FOR CERTAIN." I really got through to you then, didn't I?

"I take responsibility for being an opinionated guy. But I have found most don't judge me on it."

I'm not judging you on being opinionated, though you can hide behind that belief all you like. I'm judging you on being ignorant and rarely giving a shit about it.

By Hal on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 03:39 pm:

Its a joke. The whole thing is a joke. God got stoned and though hey lets fuck with the humans.

Fuck I'm sick, anything I say is probably the NyQuill talking, because it has its own opinioin and a half bottle of it has a pretty big fucing opinoin.

But I'm at work none the less because I can't miss any fucking days if I want to go home for Christmas.... Assholes...

As for the war, PEOPLE WAKE THE FUCK UP, the majority of this country is sheep, they were crying for blood and then when it starts they don't want it any more. I'm sorry but this is the cause of our liberal media, I think we should be over there. And other people agreed with me at one point in time or another but then changed their mind due to what they see in the media.
    People are fucking sheep.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 04:14 pm:

Where is the fluff antigone? Where is the ignorance in what i said above about the current situation?

What you replied in my belief that they shot that plane wasn't convincing sir.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 04:17 pm:

in other words....sometimes you arguments aren't convincing...Im happy to reconsider my position, if you have something notable. You didnt before, and you dont here.

By Imsmartie on Saturday, October 9, 2004 - 01:53 pm:

bitch as bin laden fucks sheeps

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact