Who am I again?

sorabji.com: Drunken Ramblings: Who am I again?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Hal on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 06:29 pm:

So, here I sit, barely able to see my monitor because of the state I am currently in. That and I've removed my glasses which doesn't help much. Personnaly I don't give a rat fuck.

I jsut spent the last 4 hours at the bar, my cozy bar the place I hang out when I want to be away from people because they never have any business. Epseillay at noonish, which might seem odd for dinking but I got off at 8 am, so not so odd for me. I sat around at talked with my favoirte bartenter into Teela, who although is about the most annoying liberal I know is pretty cool. (just don't talk politoics with her.) Talked about soe weird shit, this, and that. Things that pretty much you all have heard about a thousnd times come from my lips.

I'm stating to wonder if I'm doomed, and I don't mean relationship wise, or life wise. Just in general. I mean what I define as the "perfect woman" doesn't even come close to normal standards as far as I can tell. So there is stike one. Second, I have thousands of little inside jokes that I share with no one but myself savve the 15 or so sorabjites that would understand them, but fuck I can't explain that to people they'd just think I was nuts. That leaves me living my life as I have been, wondering what the fuck is going on. And contemlplating things that under normal "sober" circumstances I would think about for about half a second.

I realize that none of this makes any sense, and that it is just as the topic proposes "drunken rambling" but hell its 3:24 well past my time for bed. I'm drunk, and felt the need to type, but seriously couldn't think of anythign to post in any other topic. I'm not tired just drunk, which doesn't do much for me because well I need to sleep sooner or later. The cat is trying to eat my foot at the moment, which is rather uncomfortable, but I just don't have the will to stop him at the moment. Pez, I worry about you constantly darlin, and will call as soon as I am awake and sober. You probably don't want a call from me right now anyway. Nate, love ya man, and as far as I can tell things be going good for you. Sem you the good dick I know you to be. Patrick well what can I say.... dick....I love ya.

Spider, Moodnit, Sarah, I dig everyone of you... Swine who I've seen post like 4 times since I've retured its good to see you back.And anyone who I've forgotten in my drunkenness don't take it personal, I can barely remember my cats name right now.

To the throne of white I go.

By Nate on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 07:33 pm:

man, i get all choked up when i see the next generation of sorabjiites PWP.

By wisper on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 12:47 am:

PWP

post while pissed?

"I mean what I define as the "perfect woman" doesn't even come close to normal standards as far as I can tell."

do tell.

By Nate on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 01:43 am:

yup. post while pissed.

By Cat on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 05:49 am:

Women should never be normal. Especially not perfect ones.

By Nate on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 06:14 am:

if my belly button was deeper i'd probably do a lot more situps.

By Hal on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 10:34 am:

Holy shit... That was entirely too much vodka.

By moonit on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 08:58 pm:

You can never have too much vodka.

By J on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 11:47 am:

I'll drink to that!!!!!!

By semillama on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 12:19 pm:

Too much is always better than not enough.

By Antigone on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 12:30 pm:

Hal.

I feel for ya.

1) Compromise on the woman thing, if you really want companionship. One thing, though...Don't compromise in the direction of a woman who'll shit on you.

2) No one will ever understand you completely, probably not even yourself. Learn to live with that. Don't use it as a crutch to isolate yourself.

3) You are doomed. We're all doomed. Live it up, baby!

Cat...good to see you. :)

By Spider on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 12:41 pm:

Hal, what do you define as the "perfect woman"?

Maybe your problem is due to the unreasonable expectations you have, if you're looking for the "perfect woman" and ignoring the perfectly good but imperfect women around you.

I don't know if you're doing this or not...it's just a suggestion.

By Hal on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 12:48 pm:

Note: I have no idea what the hell I was talking about that day. No idea whatsoever.

I've quit looking for women, they are a pain in the ass and nothing but trouble.

Most of what I need to do is figure out where I'm going at the moment, thats my goal.

By kazu on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 12:52 pm:

What are "normal" standards? Shouldn't you be looking for someone who is right for YOU? And in that case, there can be no "normal" standards. Maybe you think you're standards are unreasonable? Why? Are you just setting up unreasonably high expectations to keep women away? You know, so you can't get hurt again?

I have incredibly high standards for all the people I let get close to me...but they are reasonable in that no one would want to be my friend/partner unless they could follow my sense of humor or have intelligent conversation with me. As far as physical attraction is concerned...I don't know...are you only attracted to waifish runway models? It's okay to have standards for that too, but do you write off everyone immediately, instead of letting a cute-but-not perfect woman win you over with her stunning personality?

Do you think you are really "above" all the women you meet? Or, do you set up such high expectations, so that you aren't the one who feels inadequate in the end?

I'm not trying to be mean. I think you are a sweet guy, I'm just trying to get you to look at why you think this way.

By kazu on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 12:54 pm:

"I've quit looking for women, they are a pain in the ass and nothing but trouble."

You are way to young to be this jaded. Grow up a little and then when you start looking again, you'll probably find some women who are more mature than whatever birds you've been chasing as of late.

By Antigone on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 01:22 pm:

"You are way to young to be this jaded."

Nah. Be jaded now and get it over with. :) Just don't sit and be jaded for most of your 20's like I was.

Listen to your elders, boy!

By Nate on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 01:24 pm:

maybe you need to get the hell out of montana.

if i say why, it will probably offend someone somewhere.

By semillama on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 01:48 pm:

Fuck'em if they can't take a joke. or someone else's opinions.

I've been of the opinion that Hal needs a change of scenery for quite some time.

By kazu on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 01:55 pm:

He probably does need to get out of Montana. If he were having the same problems in Seattle or San Francisco I might say he may need to get out of there too.

By Hal on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 02:12 pm:

No please Nate, do tell. You sure as hell won't offend me any more then you ever have before. And fuck, like that ever mattered anyway.

By Nate on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 03:00 pm:

bah. i'm not worried about offending you.

i'd say come down here, but renting a room in someone's house is going to run close to $650 and there are shit for jobs. but there are a lot of ladies.

By TBone on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 03:07 pm:

Do tell. I have some thoughts on the matter myself.
    I suggest going to school, too. The older you get, the harder it is to do that. Plus, it would increase your chances of finding people you really jive with. You can still bartend if that's what you want to do, but it'll make your world a little bigger.
    I bet nate's just sick of hearing about Montana.
    I expect I'll be leaving next summer.

By Hal on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 03:11 pm:

Nate, your not going to offend me dude, seriously.

I take it as more info on the advice given, really man let loose.

By semillama on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 03:48 pm:

If I could get the lid off, I'd look into the jar.

By Spider on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 03:51 pm:

Sem, are you quoting from something?

By dave. on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 04:02 pm:

By Nate on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 04:19 pm:

hal, i'm really not worried about offending you.

By Hal on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 04:21 pm:

Then why are you holding back turbo?

By Lapis on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 04:25 pm:

I'm not enought apparently. C'mon Nate, he's an easy target. He's asking for it.

By Nate on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 05:48 pm:

shit, pezuli, it's not like i can do more damage than he's already done to himself.

i was just going to go off on genetics and why it is better to live by the coast and a whole rant both base and baseless, stipulated with sweeping generalizations which, regardless of if antigone agrees or disagrees with me, will lead into forty or fifty back-and-forths between him and me.

and frankly, i just don't give a fuck.

hal, move to santa cruz. pull pints at a bar i like and i will come buy pints from you regularly. if you're not completely who you appear to be i might even bring along some trim to introduce to you in sly fashion with gratuitous reference to you giant, twat pleasing fishstick.

By Hal on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 05:54 pm:

Twat pleasing fishstick.

That is classic.

By heather on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 06:05 pm:

and gross

well done

By Antigone on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 06:47 pm:

When I was a kid I used to eat frozen fishsticks.

By fishsticks, I mean "fishsticks".

By Nate on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 07:44 pm:

i saw beef fingers in the Ralph's the other day. why not call them beef sticks? fish fingers? why?

By eri on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 10:11 am:

heh. Beef fingers. I like that one, or two, or whatever. :p

By moonit on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 03:47 pm:

we have beef or lamb chips.

By J on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 05:28 pm:

I wish you could smell the pork roast and apples in my crockpot simmering in a mixture of apple juice,brown sugar and ginger.Just 4 more hours.

By V.v. on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 06:01 pm:

Hal,there are no perfect gals,you just got to find one thats o.k. then slowly grind off the rough bits of her personality [its a bit like cutting a diamond]but they take a lot of grinding to get into shape.Good luck with your grinding.

By V.v. on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 06:11 pm:

On the other hand,forget the grinding and switch to POLISH VODKA,its wonderfull stuff and you can also run your car on it.

By Hal on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 12:43 pm:

Actually I've found I have a taste for Tanguray vodka. Don't know why, but it just tastes better to me. Can't drink well vodka anymore, it just tastes like piss run through a coffee filter. (not that I'd know what that tastes like I'm just imagining.)

By Nate on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 02:09 pm:

there is no vodka other than polish vodka.

and a bartender should be able to spell tanqueray.

By patrick on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 02:33 pm:

i've got the magic stick

why is hip hop so god damn funny these days?

By V.v. on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 03:52 pm:

Patrick,i was once into hip hop,then TWO of my best friends got busted necks from spinning on there heads,one dead and one cant ever walk again,perhaps i need to take this in my stride,but i cant,i must be getting old.

By V.v. on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 04:06 pm:

Nate,you know your Vodka,i can tell.You also know the Polish INVENTED Vodka,but what is Tanqueray?is it Russian,Polish or American?in Europe and Eastern Europe we only have Walmart and Mc.Donalds.WHERE CAN I BUY IT?

By Dougie on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 07:23 pm:

Never had Tanqueray Vodka, but damn if their gin ain't the shit. I've had some Polish potato vodka that went down really smooth. Can't remember the name, although I remember I liked the fact that vodka was spelled wodka.

By V.v. on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 07:54 pm:

Dougie,how do you take your vodka?neat,or in a tall glass with lots of ice and a twist of lemon?

By Hal on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 10:45 am:

Bah, I can't spell and I admit that.

By Dougie on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 11:38 am:

We drank that Polish wodka as shots -- the wodka had been frozen in the freezer. I love that consistency it gets when frozen.

Otherwise, I usually have vodka tonics with lime, although I prefer gin & tonics with lime.

By V.v. on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 01:44 pm:

Dougie,dont you find gin taste like aftershave on the first one,then gets better and better?

By V.v. on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 01:52 pm:

Hal,spelling means shit,its what comes from the heart that counts.In my books,your an o.k. guy.

By kazu on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 01:53 pm:

gin tastes like christmas trees

By V.v. on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 02:01 pm:

kazu,only the first shot tastes like christmas trees,then it gets better.

By Lapis on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 02:22 pm:

You may not spell, but you respond faster than I do.

By V.v. on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 02:43 pm:

Lapis,i tend to get this head start[misspellings and all,when i hear that RUMBLE,RUMBLE,GRIND,GRIND,FROM MY COMPUTER.SHOWS ME YOUR TRYING REAL HARD TO GET ON LINE.

By kazu on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 03:11 pm:

who does shots of gin? that is the silliest thing I have ever heard of and it does not get better. gin is the urine of the devil. there is no fun in a drink that gives you a headache before you pass out.

By V.v. on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 03:29 pm:

Kazu,if gin is the urine of the Devil,then ill drink it while its hot and salty,[but Vodka is better,ask Hal].....

By J on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 04:00 pm:

Sloe gin makes pretty pink foam when you puke it up.

By kazu on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 04:41 pm:

I know plenty about the goodness that is vodka.

By moonit on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 07:25 pm:

Nana said that gin was a leg opener.

I love vodka. There's a kiwi brand called 42 below thats meant to be really good.

By eri on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 08:48 pm:

Vodka makes me sooooo mellow. It's like soooo cool. I don't drink it often, though.

Never tried gin. Gin shots don't make sense to me, though.

By Nate on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 10:29 pm:

(this post will be written in the style of sorabjiite patrick)

kiwi vodka.

shit.

that's like polish

uh

kiwis

or something.

By Nate on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 10:31 pm:

gin is best shot straight from the bottle. if shot. otherwise, over and sipped is pretty good.

you call yourself real alcoholics. phtfh.

By eri on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 10:38 pm:

I never claimed to be a real alcoholic. I am rather ignorant when it comes to my booze, I will admit. I just stick to my wine, rum, margaritas, and beer, oh, and I have a fondness for tequila rose, but that's about all folks.

By Platypus on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 02:08 am:

"meant to be really good"?

Like you've heard it is supposed to be, or it has a reputation of being good and is really crap, or...?

I can't drink anymore, but when I did, I was a vodka girl. I think some of my drunken ramblings from back in the day testify to this. I remember Nate once telling me to go easy on the ooze. Don't know why that stuck with me all these years.

Today I made bread and now I am eating it, yum yum.

By moonit on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 05:21 am:

I haven't tried it yet. All you get in bars is cheap ass valdimar unless you ask for the good stuff.

Absolut blackberry. mmm

Yeah, us kiwi's. Famous for nothing.

By Lapis on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 06:33 am:

vodka and cranberry is a very good thing until i eave a beer and a sparks.

and it wook me five minutes ti toe ut ecko yook my hotns fome, i lost her.

By Hal on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 11:17 am:

wow... lost me there.

By Testor on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 11:29 am:

test

By Nate on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 01:36 pm:

sorry moonit. at least you're not canadians.

i can't believe i told anyone to go easy.

i can't believe i'm not more hungover than i am. maybe i'm not sober yet.

By Platypus on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 02:07 pm:

By Lapis on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 02:15 pm:

vodka and cranberry is a very good thing until i eave a beer and a sparks.

and it wook me five minutes ti toe ut ecko yook my hotns fome, i lost her.

translation:

vodka and cranberry is a very good thing until i have a beer and a sparks.

and it took me five minutes to know (?) that ecko took my horns home; i lost her.

wow. i don't think i've ever typed that bad ly before.

By Lapis on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 02:20 pm:

I paid homage to the porcelain bowl last night.

By Nate on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 03:13 pm:

i sent down in the shower to make the world stop spinning. the drain grill in my shower lifts up to reveal unobstructed 2" pipe. handy.

By Lapis on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 03:48 pm:

Is that a poem?

The world was floating on water last night. I was fine until this guy watched me sing and decided I needed beer and then I decided I wanted sparks. Ick.

P walked me home and stood around while I locked up Notorious and went inside. We kissed once, right before he left. I can't remember if I locked the door.

P is the person that I've had the longest running neoplatonic relationship with. We kiss, sometimes; he's given me a couple hickeys. Usually this is initiated by him whispering "I think you should kiss me." It's sort of a recurring game of two-person spin the bottle induced by alcohol.

I think I locked the door. I sat at the computer. I slogged to the toilet. I puked. I sat at the computer again, trying to type something that's somewhat legible, unsucceeding. I slogged to the toilet. I puked. I sat at the computer, hit submit before I turned the thing off and went upstairs where I puked in the other bathroom, removed my eyes and clothing before closing my eyes.

This morning I've been sluglike. I thought I was the only one home so I was walking around the house without any pants. When I was proven wrong I dragged myself upstairs. Been drinking water like crazy. My stomach hurts and I wasn't sure if it was from upset or hunger, I decided to eat because if it was upset I'd feel better after puking.

The Jehovah's Witnesses came by while I was preparing Kim Chee flavor Ramen with sad expressions discussing how most of the people worldwide live on $2 a day. I'm fine with that. Money doesn't say how live their daily lives or how much they eat. Starvation, though, is an absolute outrage.

I eat.

By Nate on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 05:02 pm:

Yesterday I walked to Twin Lakes beach for the birthday bonfire of a friend. We made a punch in a big cooler. I was made “official taster,” and was expected to determine when the alcohol level was optimum. I quietly mentioned that I’d been drinking pretty much non-stop for the past week. Either no one cared or no one heard. Eventually all of the alcohol went into the punch.

Twilight was approaching and the sky was beautifully clear. A low mist hung over the bay, obscuring the Moss Landing power plant and making Monterey look like an island. Somewhere to our right the Sun closed her eyes, painting the water yellow and orange and pink as she drifted off to sleep.

There was a group sitting in folding chairs around the bonfire. A_, the birthday girl and not my ex-fiancée, was wearing a diamond studded tiara and a white feather boa. She was surrounded by highly animated women, mostly elementary school teachers, and one or two subdued male counterparts.

I was standing between the bonfire and the water with a couple of the longer-leashed men. We were talking about the Moon, who stood brilliant white and shot lines of sliver down the edge of the breaking surf. It seemed as if an enormous fish was floating on its side, its silver scales glistening on the surface of the bay. I commented on how quickly my drink had disappeared and then realized I wasn’t sure how many I’d had.

Eventually the ranger descended onto the beach in his white truck. He drove by us and said “The beach is closed, and if that is alcohol in those cups you need to pour it out.” We looked at him like he was retarded. He drove around to the other bonfires and then came back and sat with his headlights on our party. I walked over to B_, A_’s man, and punched him in the shoulder. He turned and nailed me fiercely in the side. We traded blows for a bit before I threw an errant blow into his ear. As I apologized for breaking the “above the belt below the neck” rule he found my spleen with his fist. I fell to the ground and he gave me a hand up and we went back to watching the ladies break down the celebration.

Somehow we made it to the bowling alley bar again. “Coasters”, across the street from the Boardwalk. The karaoke scene was a little more young and hip than last time I was there, but not by much. Someone started buying pitchers and somehow I got a glass and it was never empty. The details are hazy, but I may have popped my karaoke cherry with “Oops, I did it again.” Someone signed me up for it and no one was going to let me duck out of it when my name was called. Not that I would have. Are you shitting me? I love Britney.

When I got home I jumped in the shower because the bonfire smell on my skin was making me nauseous. The acoustics in that tight little space made the walls of the shower start to rock back and forth. Gently, like being on a boat. Which is when I coated my feet with a semi processed pizza stew accented with a nice Sierra Nevada foam.

And now I’m hung over enough that I don’t want to open a bottle of wine. Or eat. Or see the Sun.

My shower smells like the inside of me. I need to fix that.

By Lapis on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 05:50 pm:

Eating seemed like a chore.

It was fine when the soup was hot, a bite here and bite there (easy, just take it slow, you don't want to puke). Unfortunately when you eat things somewhat slowly they get cold.

I laid down on a couch and closed my eyes. Then opened them. Then closed them again. I couldn't get comfortable, because my discomfort came from my center which is the place I utilize the most when dispelling pain. I opened my eyes, halfway this time.

When I don't pay attention to things in a normal way, I see floaters. It's a fairly normal thing, accented by the lack of vision aid. I saw something else though, something different.

The couch I laid on, a loveseat, too short for my frame, faces west. I was a bit scrunched and my face faced south. Which happened to make it perfect for gazing out the window and outside. The view is a couple tree branches, telephone poles, a cable line and a row of houses (perpetually facing east). Ordinary.

What was not ordinary was what else I saw.

I could see telephone calls.

Thousands of telephone calls, zipping up and down the line at maybe half lightning speed. They look like those blobs you see after looking at a bright light, only they move, zipping along the lines in both directions at once, entering and leaving houses. A facinating system which I could watch for hours.

A squirrel crossed the cable line, snapping me out of it. I tried to see the telephone calls again, ignoring the calls that actually made the phone ring, but I couldn't do it.

I moved to the front room, to a full-sized couch facing south, laid down on my side facing north and closed my eyes for a nap.

The phone rings. I let it ring. The answering machine records. It's K. K and I used to be okay friends (I guess). I sobered her up and talked to her on her 21st birthday (it was a month before mine). We were going to be drinking buddies but the one time we actually drank together it wasn't too grat of a thing. She got mad at me when there was a show at her house because I didn't say hello and just waved instead. Now she never initiates conversation with me, I have to specifically ask her questions and she answers them. I've taken pictures at shows at her house and given copies to her, she never thanked me and then she used one for the cover of her zine and never told me or offered me a copy even when I gave her one of mine at the symposium.

I got up, finished the now-cold bowl of soup.

I pulled a classic last night, went to see my housemate's show and got the address wrong, there was nothing where he said it was, an overpass, maybe I'm confused. It was a classic Ms. Pez thing. I biked back up to North and went to the karaoke bar where I proceeded to drink and sing.

I sang "Fever", "The Stray Cat Strut" (alla Pezuli), "Personal Jesus" and "Kiss". For some reason the karaoke room emptied out except for a few regulars and it was good. I danced with a female regular whose name I've never asked and never can remember from when she's called up and Maria. They are both fantabulous singers and dancers but Maria stands out. She's a short black woman who'd shaved her head since the last time I've seen her, wearing a short tight shiny black dress, a cowrie shell choker and enormously high heels. She flirts with everyone and has a good time and I guess that's what really matters when it comes down to it.

By V.v. on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 06:20 pm:

If i do like one and a half,perhaps two bottles of vodka the night before,why do i allways get Mormans banging on the door at 8 a.m. wanting to talk to me about Jesus?they got Rich Lithuanian radar or somthing?

By Lapis on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 06:28 pm:

They (the mormon missionaries; suits, bicycle helmets and nametags) come here too, it's a bit of a punkhouse and we've got a sign "no adults unless accompianied by children" posted next to the front door. I told them about Zoobomb.

I don't mind religious people knocking on the door, though sometimes I'm on the phone or something. Most of them are fairly pleasant people who just happen to think that converting people to their religion will get them to heaven.

If they're not too aggressive about it, it's not bad at all. They try and find issues that we care about here: the government, pollution and music.

By V.v. on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 07:39 pm:

Lapis,your straight foward thinking is allways refreshing,yet why is it the Mormons bang on my door at the precise time [once a day]when im in the john,half way through a BIG JOB?[I just hate to rush that daily neccesity]its not easy talking about Jesus with your pants round your ankles,and haveing to shout through a letter box.

By moonit on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 07:45 pm:

actually Nate I was being sarcastic.

After all a kiwi was the first to the top of Everest.

A kiwi split the first atom (which is kinda ironic seeing as NZ is a nuclear free country)

A kiwi flew the first mechanically powered airplane.

We were the first country to give women the power to vote.

and L&P. World famous in New Zealand.

By V.v. on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 07:51 pm:

Lapis,also,why dont them Mormons understand ive left all that Russian Orthodox Catholic stuff and have for a long time been a White Witch and a follower of Buddha?

By moonit on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 07:59 pm:

VV when they knock on your door, ask them for their addresses so you can come bug them on their days off with your beliefs.

By V.v. on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 08:04 pm:

Moonit,N.Z.is in my opinion the last stronghold of enlightend humanity.If i get the chance,im going there.

By V.v. on Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 08:10 pm:

Moonit,Im takeing the address of the next Mormon that bangs on my door when im in the john,[promise]

By Hal on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 09:53 am:

SHANGHI!!!

By V.v. on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 03:02 pm:

Hal,you mean the ancient chinese board game of tiles and pyramids?

By V.v. on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 03:05 pm:

Hal,is this the way to get rid of Mormons?

By Hal on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 06:42 pm:

No, another term that has been used but to me seems more like some kind of petty crime is "Thread Jacking."

As for mormons, when they actually show up, I'm in my underwear and a military tanktop, so I invite them in and offer beer or booze to them. Its rather amusing, esp. because I've actually had a few actually take me up on it. Guess they weren't very devoute, but with the one's that don't accept the booze, I sit crack a beer and say:

"Alright, lets talk religion." And see how long it takes them to finally leave. A few of them have made it several hours, most leave within minutes. The ones that accept the booze have sat and chilled for quite a while, dicked around on the XBox and got trashed with me.

Mormons are funny people.

By V.v. on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 07:14 pm:

Hal,yet i still dont know how they manage to catch me in the john,every time,IT HAS TO BE THE V.V./WHITE WITCH/BUDDIST GLOBAL POSITIONING DEVICE THAT THEY KEEP IN THEM BACKPACKS.

By Lapis on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 11:33 pm:

They'll ask me, "Do you have the Book of Mormon?" "Yeah," I'll reply, "I buried it." All shy with a smile.

They left.

By Kebron on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 12:43 am:

Better idea is that you keep a few of those books of mormon in the house and when they knock on the door you light one up and then answer the door and then just make them watch when it is all ashes just close the door.

K

By Platypus on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 01:42 am:

They are fun to tease, like telemarketers. We treat it as a competition, who can clock the most Mormon hours per month. I have to admire them, man, going around day after day to people who reject them. I also offer them tea and toast and bring out the "special" honey for their tea.

By moont on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 06:36 am:

the Pandyr asked one if he could fuck his daughter. That got rid of them pretty quick.

By patrick on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 12:52 pm:

you're all a bunch of fuckin heathens

By Lapis on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 01:30 pm:

Yep, but what are you, Patrick?

By V.v. on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 01:32 pm:

Patrick,come on dude,WHATS YOUR RELIGEON?let it all hang out,we wont tell a soul.[promise]so what was the old family religeon?Catholic by any chance?

By agatha on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 02:54 pm:

I kind of like the Mormons. I think it's very brave of them to go door to door like that, with no promise of financial reward at the end of it.

By wisper on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 03:16 pm:

well, i think they believe they have to do that or go to hell.

By Spider on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 03:51 pm:

You guys, there's no need to be that rude. Sure, Mormons/JW/etc are annoying, but being polite is effective at turning them away and, in many cases, takes less energy. All you need to say is "thanks, but I'm not interested." Or stick a sign on your door that tells them not to bother.

By V.v. on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 04:49 pm:

SPIDER,better still,put up a sign that says GO AWAY,IM JEWISH.

By Lapis on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 06:45 pm:

We should be nice to them. They do belive that they're saving souls.

By Hal on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 07:30 pm:

I'm not being mean to them, fuck if I were going door to door, and some dude was chillin and was like dude come in and have a beer lets discuss what you want to talk about. I'd be all for that shit.

I'm not rude, I'm rather nice about it. Plus, its fun as hell. As for the:

"I think it's very brave of them to go door to door like that, with no promise of financial reward at the end of it."

Thats bullshit and you should know it, Mormons take care of their own, and sorry to say it, but where I grew up, in a span of 5 years after they built the Mormon temple the entire area surrounding which was very nice residential area. The property prices went up crazy amounts and after 5 years there were very FEW people who didn't follow the Mormon Faith.

By patrick on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 07:33 pm:

fuck yeah you should be rude.

...with a shotgun and a wife beater shirt with a bbq sauce stain and be all like...."YEAH YOU BIBLE-THUMPIN WEENIES BE GETTIN OFF MY LAWN BEFORE I COUNT TO 3...." nothing gets people running faster than the sound of a shot gun being cocked

By Hal on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 08:16 pm:

No about the only thing that might be rude, is if I'm chillin in my boxers and a tank and they show up, I don't change or put on clothes. But then again I don't do that for anyone save my parents when they come into town.

By Ophelia on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 10:11 pm:

hehe the mormons were pestering the guy in his mid 20s who lives next door with his grandmother, and my dad goes over to where they are all on the porch and brought a pitcher of lemonade, and our neighbor was annoyed but too nice to ask them to go, so they sat there forever drinking lemonade on the porch.

i had a bunch of mormons at my high school, and was friends with some of them. some were bratty rich kids, but a lot of them were just really sweet and naive. they dont watch R rated movies so they wont be desensitized to sex and violence. one of my mormon friends gave me a book of mormon for my birthday with an inscription saying that she hoped i would realize it was the true word of god. nearly all of them are at school in utah now.

By Hal on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 10:38 pm:

Ah yes, the Choosen Land...

Utah.

By J on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 11:44 am:

Fuck the fucking Mormons,the brainwashed morons,they make me want to puke! Out here where I live you can't get in a scout group if your non-mormon which is why I love the Indian guides ran by the YMCA,in high school if your not mormon you might not make the team,they always plop a seminary school right by the highschool.Where my husband works it's all about what ward your in,they will give a mormon who isn't quailified for the job a position over a qualified non-mormon.They all have that blank look in their eyes.V.v. next time those mutants come to your door,answer it with your pants down,start pulling on your johnson and ask them if they want a piece of you,then piss on them.Do it for Janny.

By kazu on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 11:47 am:

VOTE FOR J!

By patrick on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 12:19 pm:

Say "YAY" FOR J!

By J on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 01:07 pm:

By J on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 01:40 pm:

Crap the link didn't work,just put mormon in the search box,then scroll down and read profits for polygamy,it will turn your stomach.

By Dougie on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 01:59 pm:

We get Jehovah's Witnesses around here. They've always seemed like nice people. I always take their Watchtower and say I'll look it over. Somehow, I'd rather they come to my door, than ring me on the phone. Plus, with my dog barking at them like she wants them for dinner, they never stick around too long.

By kazu on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 02:29 pm:

In highschool there was a girl who tried to recruit me into the Boston Church of Christ. She just constantly invited people to Church. She actually tricked me into going because she led me to believe that her band (yes, she was in a band with church members) was performing for a special service. She lied. I left early.

I've never had anyone come to my house.

I've been approached on the street. I don't like to be approached by anyone, no matter what the cause. It freaks me out. I was approached by a stranger when walking home from Dunkin Donuts in Boston one day. It was so random. "Do you live around here." "Yes" (I thought she wanted directions) "Would you like to come to my church?"
    At this point I would have just said no, but I had to know. "What Church is this." "The Boston Church of Christ" (a-ha!) "No thank you."

By Kalliope on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 04:24 pm:

I get shitfaced and show my tits to the world. Hal gets pissed and tells Nate and Patrick how much he loves them.

Aww. I miss you kids.

By semillama on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 04:49 pm:

By semillama on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 04:49 pm:

By J on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 04:53 pm:

Yea,they flat out killed them for their money,out of pure greed.

By semillama on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 06:44 pm:

It's interesting to think that the US Army was damn close to a military occupation of Utah at the time.

By V.V. on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 07:09 pm:

HI THERE V.V.,CAN WE GET YOU INTO THE BOOK OF MORMON?When they say that,i NO they are trying to get into my pants,[no way]My ass is staying INTACTO.

By J on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 01:32 am:

Pee on the Mormons,do it one time for me.

By Hal on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 01:39 pm:

Make the world a better place, stab a raver in the face.

By V.v. on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 01:54 pm:

HAL, better still,attack them with giant extendable tree loppers,and cut there noses CLEAN OFF.

By Hal on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 11:32 pm:

No, to much work, and besides you've never chased down an Ex'ed up raver have you. Its not easy.

By Platypus on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 12:37 am:

Hal, have I mentioned lately that I love you?

Because I do.

By Hal on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 01:14 am:

I love you too Platy.

And you know what else is interesting about ravers, when your chasing them they can't hide from you in dark places because of the glow crap they wear. They run like streaking neon bulbs.

By dave. on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 02:00 am:

well it's true that we love one another. . .

guh

By Platypus on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 02:43 am:

awww...dave...group hug!

By Hal on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:31 am:

Dave doesn't want a group hug, Dave wants group sex.

But then again, who cares what Dave wants.

By J on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:48 am:

God cares about Dave wants,what God wants God gets.

By Hal on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 11:01 am:

Bah, God doesn't give a rats ass about Dave, God isn't Dave's God.

Mark is.

By TBone on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 11:54 am:

Don't encourage him, Platy.
    Hal, what are you doing between 6pm and 10pm Saturday?

By Hal on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 12:21 pm:

Probably sleeping, although if I passout early on Saturday I could be awake. Why whats up?

By TBone on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 01:15 pm:

Drop by the DRC chatterbox.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact