One Big Happy Fuckin Family-

sorabji.com: Drunken Ramblings: One Big Happy Fuckin Family-
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Hal on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 11:34 am:

My night at work last night was fun, although it culminated twards a peak at the very end. First it started with my arrival and noticing that the man who wants very much to do me harm for one reason or another is sitting at the end of my bar. Sitting there, with a drunken grin on his dirty toothless face, as though for that moment he had some sort of upper hand. I didn't pay him any attention and went about talking to Donny the swing shift guy to find out if there was any news to report. (A practice I have become fond of because it lets me know if there is anything I need to know of before I need to know of it.) Nothing new to report, the toothless freak of dick left shortly afterwards and my night was fairly un-eventfull afterwards.

That is till my boss gets there at a quarter to six, which isn't normal, but with reason. My book keeper happens to be in SanDiego going to see Cher with her daughter, thus the boss is doing the books this week. First I find out that all of a sudden out of the blue someone else doesn't like me and is making note of it to my employer. Which I find vaugly amusing because he says they are gamblers, whom I make sure to kiss the asses of to the point it makes me sick as fuck. They apparently said I was "rude" and that they would never come in while I was working again. I can count the # of times I have had to be a dick at work on 1 hand, and can name all the dumbfucks who have warrented such treatment. None of them would ever bout concern from my boss because he knows they are all dicks. Also he knows about all the instances because I tell him of them EVERY FUCKING MORNING. So to hear that some random person whose ass I have probably kissed a whole lot all of a sudden has a problem..... well it leads me to belive that someone is out to get me. Its not hard for me to belive that one of the random ass drunk fucks who I have to cut off at least once a week for the last 4 months because of their mere alcohol intake has a friend or buddy who would help them out by spreading some bad word around. Fuck that.

Not to mention the 100$ descrepency between my shift and the shift before me. Its not clear how this happened but this is how it works out.

My shift comes out even, first count, and last count. On this shift sheet there is a slip for a 100$ payout signed by the owner. This slip included into my normal shit evens out everything. The part that causes the problem is, the guy before me comes out even as well, but he ALSO has the same 100$ payout on his sheet. So one of us is off, but who is the question. I can't figure it out, the god damn thing was there when I got there and my shit came out even.

Either way, I got off, came home and stared at the fish for an hour while drinking. (The fish being the nice little screen saver I picked up while in Virginia.) Contemplating a lot of shit at the moment. All of the above pretty much fits the catagory, not necissarily the shit I just talked about. Frankly I could care less about that shit, the money, or the assholes who don't like me. Fuck'em.

--Writers Block-- (Finishing Beer.)

I guess it all comes donw to me having this lost loney feel. I've been told by more then just the dysfunctional Sorabji family I have that I should move. And I'm starting to wonder if its not such a bad idea. But where is the question, the options are of course limitless. One option being Portland, which although sounds nice, I think I might end up nuts. Reno, uhhh how about no. Dallas, the idea actually has merit, but fuck then I'd be living in Texas. All the thought needed to put into this is driving my tiny little brain mad, and all the while I just realized I'm out of toilet paper.

I guess in the madness that has been my life as of late, I just wanted to sit back and thank all of you for being my little dysfunctional family through it all.

By semillama on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 11:55 am:

Chicago, hal. I don't know why, but you seem like someone who might like the Windy City.

By sarah on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 11:55 am:

even though deep down my heart belongs to jack, personally i've been diggin on your posts more and more these days Hal. thanks for sharing.

but you think we're dysfuntional? i don't about that. i don't even know what that means anymore.

By sarah on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 11:56 am:

oh, and i really think you'd love living in Portland.

By patrick on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 12:53 pm:

maybe you and spider can do a house swap.

By Antigone on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 01:49 pm:

"Dallas, the idea actually has merit, but fuck then I'd be living in Texas."

Don't come to Dallas unless you've got a good reason. (Friends, family, whatever.) Dallas ain't no destination of folly, and really isn't a super place to live. Trust me. I grew up here...

Go to Portland.

By Lapis on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 07:34 pm:

Portland's a good town, you might like it, but I live here and I'm crazy.

By Antigone on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 07:42 pm:

Yeah, you went from living with your parents to peeing in front of a guy.

I'm proud of you, pez. :)

By Lapis on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 07:54 pm:

Oh gahd.

By Hal on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 08:12 pm:

WELL.... I just found out my Arch Nemesis has moved to town, the one person on the face of the planet that I can say without a shadow of a doubt that given the oppertunity I would very well smash their fuck straight off.

This is an omen. A very bad omen.

I need a sugar mamma.

By Lapis on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 08:19 pm:

Where're you gonna find one?

By Hal on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 08:34 pm:

I'm not pimp enough to have a sugar mama, its just now confirmed I need out of here.

I mean when you find out your Arch Nemesis has moved to town, its time to leave. I'm anti confrontational, and this will lead to confrontation sometime eventually down the road. I know that for a fact.

By Lapis on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 08:38 pm:

Well, if you need to leave town, you're always welcome in Portland.

By patrick on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 08:51 pm:

i keep getting the impression that when you two hormonal clusterfucks meet sparks are going to shoot our your asses.

By Lapis on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 08:56 pm:

What color sparks? I want to market myself as an internet firework.

By patrick on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 08:59 pm:

multicolored silly.

By Lapis on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 09:04 pm:

Will I make noises too?

By Hal on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 09:12 pm:

No sparks... But I'll put my money on flames shooting fron my asshole.

By Lapis on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 09:16 pm:

Shiiiiiit.

By Hal on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 09:50 pm:

Better belive it girl, giant flames springing forth from my ass like the shuttle colombia.

By Lapis on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 01:21 am:

What an image. I like to imagine myself spinning around like a ground bloom.

Yesterday's busy day (re: ending with a 4 mile walk that ended at 5:30 am) turned my sleep schedule around. I've been awake for eight hours and up for six and the internet just turned itself back on after everyone else has gone to bed.

Which means I get the computer all to myself and will proceed to eat carrots and read online manga all night.

By TBone on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 01:28 am:

What the shit?
    Your so-called arch nemesis is as harmless as you are...
    That is, you're more danger to yourself than to each other.
    Not that I want to kick you out of town or anything, but it would probably be good for you. For me, too. I don't plan on staying here for too long after I get the remnants of college finished up..
    Visit Portland. You'll fall in love.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact