Spring Has Sprung:

sorabji.com: What does it look like where you are?: Spring Has Sprung:
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunkyDingo on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 11:37 pm:

By patrick on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 00:31 pm:

eri have been complaining lately that you're too skinny still?

if so....shaddyup...you look perfectly healthy, proportional etc etc etc etc.

By Dougie on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 00:35 pm:

Nice pix guys. It's frickin' snowing here. Supposed to get anywhere from 2-12 inches. Better not kill my crocuses and daffodils and tulips we painstakingly planted last fall. The crocuses are up, and the daffodisl and tulips are almost there.

By kazoo on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 00:38 pm:

I thought eri was talking about how she was gaining weight. I think she looks great. I wish I could wear a two-piece.

By semillama on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 00:41 pm:

The picture of eri in teh flowerbed is espicaly good spunky.

By Dougie on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 00:46 pm:

Spunky, where's you in your Speedo?

By patrick on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 00:53 pm:

i thought she was wishing she was gaining.

kazoo...i find it hard to believe you couldn't wear a two piece because from the image your bubba sent out, you look junkie thin.

By eri on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 01:12 pm:

Thank You Patrick and Kazoo. I have put on 20 lbs in the past 6 months and have felt very self conscious about the extra weight. I feel healthy, but do I look it?

Kazoo, I find it hard to believe that you couldn't wear a two piece. It's just a matter of finding the right one. We have a store out here that specializes in finding the right bathing suit for your body type. That is where I got the one in the picture last summer. They are like department store prices, but they really work with you to get just the right suit. It's great. It took me about 2 hours but I found one I was comfortable in.

I can't wear one piece bathingsuits because my back is SOOOOO long that I have to buy them too big around to fit me lengthwise and I look awful.

I loved the flowers. Yesterday was an absolutely perfect day. That walk was just amazing and beautiful. Butterflies everywhere. It also has this great stone "amphitheater" which was used to have classes. When Spunky and I renew our vows, I want to do it right there. Outdoors in the amphitheater, overlooking the stone riverbeds, surrounded by flowers and trees and cacti. It's gorgeous.

OMG! I actually just looked at those pictures. You guys have all seen me now at my worst!!!! Ugh.

For the record, that is the first time I have let anyone take pictures of me without any make-up on.

By kazoo on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 01:21 pm:

I've got issues left-over from the bad body image days. When it comes to bathing suits I'm still paranoid about letting the smallest amount of flab show. It makes no sense. I'm not junkie thin. I am 5'6" weight between 140-142, between size 8-10, and my stomach is flat, but I get all bent out of shape about anything squishy.

I've seen women who are a little rounder than I am in bikinis who look quite good. I also don't have the patience for bathing suit shopping. What a way to ruin the day. I need a new one...I've been wearing the same speedo for about four years now.

Sem's only seen me wear make-up once.

By eri on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 01:43 pm:

"but I get all bent out of shape about anything squishy."

That is exactly where I am at now. I hate the "pre-30 droop" as my friends and I call it. I have started working out again. I need to get rid of the softness-looseness. It's driving me nuts! I look at those pics and think "my thighs look huge, and my belly is actually sticking outwards of my bathing suit, and my butt is sagging, I need to pick it back up again." and I freak out.

I hardly ever wear make-up, only when I go out or something, but I have this thing about being photographed when my hair/make-up isn't done. I have this fear of being in any way associated with my sister and when I see pictures of me without make-up, I think I look almost exactly like her. If I had a scanner, I would put in an old picture of the two of us, so you could see what I mean. I guess it is irrational, but she embodies all that I despise in a person, so any corellation between her and I freaks me out bigtime. I remember last summer when my parents came out to visit (they have an rv) and we went to the park and my brother-in-laws grandparents were there. I pulled up into the spot next to theirs and as I was getting out of the car I heard "See, I told you they looked almost exactly alike" from my mom. It took all I had not to start crying on the spot.

Spunky informed me that he was going to be photographing me a the pool. He was dissapointed when I put on that bathing suit. I have this "fuck me red" string bikini that he was hoping I would wear. I don't know if I am ready to be photographed in anything that skimpy for the whole world to see yet.

By eri on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 01:47 pm:

BTW, Spunky doesn't have speedos. I wanted to get even and get some pics of him at the pool, but he is too self conscious to let me get any.

By Dougie on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 01:49 pm:

Then what's he got -- a banana bag?

By kazoo on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 01:53 pm:

When I a teenager I didn't wear much. Then in college I went through the typical undergrad women's studies anti-makeup phase. Now, I just don't know what I am doing; I am at a loss when it comes to colors or techniques. I've been looking for a nice lipstick/gloss that matches both my skin tone and temperment, but I am so picky that I hate everything. I got one that I kind of like and wore that with a little mascara to a party over break.

"I guess it is irrational, but she embodies all that I despise in a person, so any corellation between her and I freaks me out bigtime"

It makes sense to me.

By eri on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 01:54 pm:

I got him some awesome Pierre Cardin swim trunks at Factory2U for $4 last summer! He wears cool looking swim trunks!

A banana bag! Ha! Now I am going to have to try and find some banana yellow swim stuff for him and get a picture! hehehe.

By Dougie on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 01:58 pm:

My old lady got me a banana bag, and it looks ok when I'm warm, but did you ever see that Seinfeld episode where George protests, "Shrinkage!" after coming out the pool? Well, the Atlantic is mighty chilly sometimes, so I never wear it except for her.

By fatspunk on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 01:58 pm:

Did you see how big my shadow was?
    no trunk pics for me, thank you

By eri on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 02:22 pm:

Oh honey, stop stressing. You aren't "too fat" and your stretch marks won't show up on camera unless I try to to a close up of them!

By spunkyDingo on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 03:02 pm:

thanks hon, I can imagine the mental images now...

By Dougie on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 04:52 pm:

This snow sucks meat. I've already had to shovel twice today. Plus I've got to drive to Jersey tonight. That oughta be fun.

By Rowlf on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 05:10 pm:

spring... ugh...

we're facing a major blizzard here, which is actually NOT normal for this area. We had three days of REAL spring and now its worse right now then it has been all winter, and this was a pretty harsh winter, so thats saying something.

its kinda scary, because last summer was a record for this area, and this winter was a record, its extreme at both ends, and not much comfortable weather in between. its the end of the world.

By Ophelia on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 07:52 pm:

i agree. end of world. melt, snow!

By moonit on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 08:04 pm:

I can see snow on the hills. Its been raining for the last few days but has stopped now YAY.
    Weee the leaves are changing colour.

By eri on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 08:54 pm:

We are supposed to get a thunderstorm tonight, changing things. It will cool off a lot. Tomorrows highs are in the 60's damnit!!!!!!! It isn't supposed to be swimming weather again until like next weekend at best, and that is assuming we would go in the unheated pool as soon as it hits 75.

By beta on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 09:24 pm:

nyc is sitting under 6 inches of snow... i think next weeks forcast said something about locusts

By J on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 03:04 pm:

My computers been messed up for almost a week,I just saw the pictures,your looking good eri, I like the picture of you in the flowers and the girls in the flowers. What kind of flowers are they,it looks so pretty there.

By spunky on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 03:48 pm:

Those are Blue Bonnets.
    They are the official state flower of Texas.
    Don't all three girls look awesome?
    Eri's grandmother used to say I have a harem...

By eri on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 05:44 pm:

Thank you J. I loved it there, being surrounded by all of these amazing things.

By J on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 11:10 pm:

You probably don't know it yet,but these are the best days of your life,your kids are young and sweet and you can still stand them,enjoy and remember these times.I wonder if I can grow blue bonnets in my garden?

By eri on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:18 pm:

The teacher at Hayley's school planted them outside one of the bungalows and they are growing nicely. I would assume you can plant them outside and grow them. They are lovely.

My girls are so intrigued by nature, but seem a little afraid of it (bugs and stuff), so I want to spend more time doing things like that, just us. I want to teach them to appreciate beauty in nature. That park was just one amazing example of it!

By Bigkev. on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 03:07 pm:

Okay, so i was in MOose Jaw (sask) this past week, and the weather was beautiful.... sunny warm, almost summer like conditions...
    I drove home (6 hours) yest. aft. it rained a little.. but otherwise still nice... I went out till about 1, 1:30am just alittle rain still.

THEN; <dum-dum-dum!!>

I wale up at 8 ish this am, and theres 6 inches of snow on the ground, it cold as shit, blowing like crazy, and the weather network says that there'll be 2 feet of snow by the end of the day!!

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!, spring has sprung Indeed.

By spunky on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 04:16 pm:

it got to 94 thursday, 89 yesterday and is 86 now.
    We're going swimming...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact