Our planet is tilting

sorabji.com: Have you ever been lonely?: Our planet is tilting
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By agatha on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 11:21 pm:

I just got back from beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park, and...
    *my boss has been placed on administrative leave pending a sexual harrassment charge
    *my great aunt died three days ago
    *New Orleans and its people are broken
    *my father just got out of the hospital- his kidneys are failing
    *Mark's father has killed himself.

What the hell is going on?

By Dougie on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 11:31 pm:

Life?

By Dougie on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 11:42 pm:

Shit, I'm sorry Agatha, my response to your question looks really flippant, which I certainly didn't mean it to be. A high school music teacher always used to say, "Life is what happens to you," and I guess that's where my response stems from. I'm very sorry about your father and Mark's father. My aunt, the sweetest lady you'd ever want to meet has stomach cancer, and by all accounts, has about a month to live. I have no idea what the hell is going on.

By jack on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 11:53 pm:

agatha: how was your trip to rocky mountain national park?

By semillama on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 01:34 pm:

I love rocky mountain national park. The Clarke's Nutcrackers will take crackers right out of your hand.

my aunt also has cancer, although apparently they may have caught it early.

By platypus on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 02:42 pm:

Aunts with cancer must be the new "in" thing. My aunt is in the second month of chemo for breast cancer right now. Luckily it was caught fairly early, and because she's got connections at UCSF she's getting really good treatment.

I made her a hat. It's an awesome hat. It looks like a strawberry.

By agatha on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 08:36 pm:

My trip was totally amazing. I spent the whole time in Estes Park, and worked in the park's natural history archives, the library, the Estes Park History Museum, and on some history research files that were put together by this totally awesome old guy named Ferrel Atkins. I got to meet great people, and the park was gorgeous, and I learned a lot. I kind of just want to turn around and go back, considering the way everything else is going. My work environment is absolutely toxic right now, and I don't know how much longer I can take it.

Dougie- I took no offense whatsoever. You're right, it is just life.

ps- cancer sucks.

pps- my great aunt was not very sweet. she didn't like me much once I had Cleo and (GASP) didn't get married. RIP, Aunt Pippi.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact