voluntarily for a business week

sorabji.com: Have you ever gone hungry?: voluntarily for a business week
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Yseult on Monday, July 19, 1999 - 04:13 am:

during this school year actually. i was rather upset with a combination of things. i'd fucked a 27 year old kosavar med student when i was on vacation in the czech republic for a month in the summer of '98.

i was an impotent high school student. with the war and whatnot, and my penchant for obsessing/worrying, not to mention a conversation with one of my mum's friends-- a cambodian refugee whose family fled from the khmer rouge-- i became incredibly cynical. with the human race, democracy, culture, and especially living in america... the fact that since my family is moderately well off as is the suburb i live in, i became very much disgusted by the thought of eating.

so after a business week of fasting, with the interruption of juices and milk, and a week of crying and writing, i realized that the intended effect was not being achieved. people will always destroy each other. apathy will always be rampant. etc etc... other heart warming fuzzies...

my stomach had a tendency to growl very loudly. after the first day the desire to eat fades. my mouth was very dry... and that was that.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact