Slugs and Snails

sorabji.com: What is the cruelest thing you ever did?: Slugs and Snails
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By V on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 12:01 pm:

I kill them 12 a day,with a sliver of bamboo,at 4.30 am,but the snails get pulped with an iron hammer,if I pay 300$ for a plant,I will kill anything that trys to eat it.

By droopy on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 12:22 pm:

what kind of plant costs $300?

By V on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 01:03 pm:

...you know,for the Sorabji record,years back,I got to meet Mr.DAVID KOSSOFF,a big time Jewish actor on British t.v.,a dam fine guy,and his son was lead singer with the pop group "free",untill he did an "o.d." on some kinda shit head drugs,so got wiped out,SO,v was in Mr. David Kossoffs garden,and I say "how come you you got so many beer traps for slugs Mr.Kossoff?...and he say "Vell,meesta v,I vant for them to die veeth beeg smiles on face"...perhaps it is a good way to die,to drown in beer.,myself I stick to bamboo slivers and iron hammers...pehaps none of you guys remember the tune "all right now",I do...ALSO,I need to tell you,Mr.Kossoff did a lot for a Kibbutze in Isreal,and was in fact a dam fine guy,God bless him.

By V on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 01:41 pm:

AH HA,Mr DROOPY,so nice to see you back on line,so you ask of me what can cost 300$?...well a big palm costs me 6000$,palms are what I grow,most come from Italy,but if I want twice as big,12000$,thats a 15 footer,and if I want a big catus from Texus,15000$,indeed,thanks to the global warming sent out by the U.S.,v can grow stuff that grows 3000 miles south of England,sir,Mr.Droopy,you ever feel that you and me know a bit more than Mr.Bush and Mr.Blair???

By droopy on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 01:58 pm:

Where are you growing palms? i've always imagined you in a london flat with just enough room for a window box. you ever considering growing prickly pear catuses? (cactii?) apparently they were imported from the american southwest/mexico to italy some time in the past. and their small and probably cheap. and you can eat them.

By V on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 03:14 pm:

Mr.droopy Sir,no,v has a big time garden in London,and if I eat anything its bamboo shoots,they tast good,kinda nutty.,,,more stuff Mr.droopy,so many guys ask me for bamboo roots.,I cant give to all,just cant do it,as my originals came from Count Rothchild,in North Hertfordshire,the house was called "Mentmore"...that Jewish guy invented "banks",and cheques 150 years back,he was the most rich guy in Europe,yet v got hold of some of his bamboo,and I have clumps at the end of my garden.

By eri on Friday, July 1, 2005 - 12:09 am:

I'm working for a plant company right now, out here in southern Texas. We sell palms for $5, and the bamboo runs wild, for free. I can cut it at no cost and have all I want. It is a company that also supplies the malls, businesses and private homes of the area, so when the plants are moved out of those locations you can get them for dirt cheap. My apartment and breezeway are overflowing with plants, and I still add more. But I love it.

By heather on Friday, July 1, 2005 - 02:22 am:

we stuck a bunch of bamboo in the ground as a cute way to
    keep a dog out of the plants. they started growing. just
    randomly cut lengths of bamboo jammed into the ground.

it's beautiful bamboo, too, all stripey.

By dave. on Friday, July 1, 2005 - 02:35 am:

that stuff's gonna take over your whole yard.

By droopy on Friday, July 1, 2005 - 11:23 am:

my uncle has been growing bamboo in his yard, alongside his garden, for years without too much problem. but then, he's a pretty hardcore gardener. some bamboo are "clumpers", some are "runners" but mellow about it, some are like lawn huns.

By heather on Friday, July 1, 2005 - 02:15 pm:

By TBone on Friday, July 1, 2005 - 02:20 pm:

"To me, $10,000 is like $1 million."

By droopy on Friday, July 1, 2005 - 02:59 pm:

there was a story about that woman with the tatoo on the bbc world service - i think last night. they interviewed her and everything. american idiocy is world news.

By V on Friday, July 1, 2005 - 03:08 pm:

Mr.T.Bone,,v just dont believe you,Sir,you post smart and sharp,a guy like you is not short of money,no fucking way.

By patrick on Friday, July 1, 2005 - 03:10 pm:

her son will benefit from her idiocy so, all isnt lost.

she can have it removed via laser.

By TBone on Friday, July 1, 2005 - 03:27 pm:

V, I was quoting the woman who got her face tatooed.

By V on Friday, July 1, 2005 - 03:28 pm:

....o.k.,perhaps v has a rare bamboo that may be of interast to E.Bay,,,all I know is in England,we pay 100$ for a six inch pot of bamboo.

By V on Friday, July 1, 2005 - 03:49 pm:

Sem,you have gold at your fingertips,why the hell you not export on E-Bay?...give it a try,tavarich.LOOK,is it not time some of you guys made big time bucks?...

By heather on Friday, July 1, 2005 - 05:24 pm:

her son is going to do badly in school anyway [what private
    education costs only $10,000?] and then he will sell drugs and
    make that much in a month and think his mother is a fool.

and lasers don't really work as far as i've seen, they leave a lot
    behind.

By V on Friday, July 1, 2005 - 05:47 pm:

HEATHER,bubba ,V tells you for a fact,you can make plenty on internet,v does, most days.

By heather on Friday, July 1, 2005 - 06:06 pm:

bubba?

that's fine, v, i'm covered.

By Daniel ssss on Monday, July 4, 2005 - 10:38 am:

eri, email me about the bamboo. it's like cuban cigars around here, and they want a fortune for it. i'd love to have a few cuttings. thx. happy fourth.

By PredictaBot3464 on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 12:14 am:

...more stuff.,...yall cant touch me because I'm RICH and I'm a VAPIRE!!! 28 Days best movie ever...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact