Remembering...

sorabji.com: What are you afraid of?: Remembering...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Cat on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 02:01 am:

Do you ever have those moments when you start happily thinking about some aspect of New York and then all of a sudden you just get the memories of 9/11 coming flooding into your mind like filthy stormwater? Or you remind yourself to tell someone something, and then suddenly feel like throwing up because you remember they've died?

I hate that feeling. It's such a punch in the guts with some guilt thrown in to really leave you bruised.

By semillama on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 10:46 am:

Yeah, it's like remembering something about
    high school, then you remember it involved a
    certain friend, who is now dead, and it screws
    it all up.

By droopy on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 12:45 pm:

yesterday i posted a diary excerpt on that "evan williams" thread. one of the people in the story - juan gonzales - died of leukemia in 1993. didn't exactly screw it up for me.

By Antigone on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 03:34 pm:

The happy moments are still there.

The towers are not.

Why feel guilty?

By Cat on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 03:59 pm:

I feel guilty when I forget my friend John died. I didn't see a lot of him in the last 5 years, so sometimes it's like he's suddenly going to call me and we'll laugh about some silly thing he's read, or he'll drop in and lift me off the ground with a big hug and demand I take him to lunch "immediately if not sooner".

By Neutroxide on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 11:30 pm:

no reason to be guilty. afterall, no one really "dies". d=

By heather on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 11:59 pm:

that is so strange i can't tell if it's tasteless or not

By dave. on Friday, February 8, 2002 - 02:17 am:

heather, thanks for the package you sent us. i put dibs on the bubblewrap. it's scary that you know me so well.

By heather on Friday, February 8, 2002 - 04:19 pm:

well, who doesn't like a good bubblewrap every once and a while?

you are welcome

By patrick on Friday, February 8, 2002 - 05:53 pm:

so like, is it the jumbo bubble wrap? or the normal size?

i once got a large sheet of jumbo bubble wrap, wrapped my self up in it and rolled on the floor to a glorious symphony of pops!

ok, so ive never done that. but i would.

By dave. on Friday, February 8, 2002 - 10:48 pm:

it was the little ones. perfect gift for an obsessive-compulsive. which i am not.

skateboarding over a sheet of bubblewrap is very gratifying.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact