...me? Bobo the Clown?

sorabji.com: Do you love me?: ...me? Bobo the Clown?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Bobo the Clown on Friday, December 15, 2000 - 04:26 pm:

(sniff)

I suppose the squeeky red nose and fluffy ruffles around the collar don't cut it anymore.

My ballons are deflated, the honkey horn is laid to rest. The 10-clown volkswagon is being traded in for a Jetta.

Bobo is washed up.

(sniff)

Everyone USED to love a clown.

What happened?

Faithfully yours,

Bobo the (former) Clown

By Hal on Saturday, December 16, 2000 - 09:29 am:

To tell you the truth Bobo, I never liked clowns, they always scared the living fuck out of me.

By crimson on Saturday, December 16, 2000 - 01:35 pm:

but a lot of other folks DO like clowns. perhaps they like them a wee bit too much. don't worry, bobo, you've still got a bright future ahead of you...especially if you follow these clowns' example:

http://www.luvthosefeet.com/clowns/

By patrick on Monday, December 18, 2000 - 01:45 pm:

well this is no fun

love that link though crimson

damn people...

Bobo, have you considered a similar line of work? Say a magician, or a mime, or a mime magician?

By J on Monday, December 18, 2000 - 03:00 pm:

I have always been afraid of clowns too,I remember going to the circus when I wes real young.4 or 5,and I was more interested in talking to the little girl next to me than watching the show,we were in the front row and all of a sudden this clown got right up in my face.It scared me to death,I became hysterical and we had to go,after that I'd have nightmares about clowns for years.Remember Gacey?

By Czarina on Monday, December 18, 2000 - 07:35 pm:

Clowns are scarey.They hide things in their pants.

By Bobo on Monday, December 18, 2000 - 07:59 pm:

honky honk honk honk!!!!

By Traffic cop on Tuesday, December 19, 2000 - 07:41 pm:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

get off the unicycle and drop the horn!!!! you are surrounded, i repeat, surrounded, and if you continue to disregard our instructions we will regard you as a hostile being!!!!

By J on Wednesday, December 20, 2000 - 12:13 pm:

I can ride a unicycle,use to have one,rode it to school to show off,no hands,uh huh.

By Bobby on Sunday, March 18, 2001 - 07:23 am:

Rent Bob Goldthwait's "Shakes the Clown." Was a flop in the theatres, but is considered a cult classic at the video store.

Most real clowns resent the hell out of it!

For you clown fans, a page with lots of clown links:

http://bobotheclown.tripod.com/links.html

(Is there more than one Bobo?)

By Czarina on Sunday, March 18, 2001 - 10:28 am:

Your real name isn't Bobby,is it??????????????
    What do you have in your pants?

By J on Sunday, March 18, 2001 - 03:55 pm:

I have Shakes the Clown,in my collection,I espeacially love the opening scene.Adam Sandler was in it too.I think clowns are scarey.

By Bobby on Sunday, March 18, 2001 - 06:15 pm:

Fourteen question marks, Czarina?
    Well, I'm a big fan of overkill, and your's almost impresses me.

And, thank you for the interest in the contents of my pants. Trust me, though, there is not much there worth inquiring about.

Finally, to me, it does not seem very enlightened or progressive of you to make a sexual identity issue out of an innocuous posting about clowns.

What, EXACTLY, is your problem?

By Czarina on Sunday, March 18, 2001 - 06:53 pm:

Do you have any other,larger caps you could use?I'm not sure I understood your question.
    How adorable that you were able to count.Did you use all of your digits?

Thats a shame about the contents of your pants,but that might be information best kept to yourself.

And there is certainly nothing innocuous about clowns,but clowns that think they are innocuous,annoy the hell out of me.Beep beep

By Bobby on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 12:10 am:

Get out your ruler, Czarina. You will see all the caps are the same size. But, I wholeheartedly admit to emphasizing "exactly" for imfammatory effect.

Which question did you fail to understand? The first question was implied - why did you feel it neccessary to use so many question marks when one would have been sufficient?

The second question was self-explanatory, and as of yet, remains unanswered.

Your sarcasm needs work. Your counting remark sounded like Pee-Wee Herman material!

Your reading skills need improvement, as well. "Innocuous" was a modifier of "posting," not of "clowns." I never implied clowns are innocuous. Just the opposite is true. Clowns are dangerous and demented beings that should be avoided at all costs!

About my pants' contents, I was attempting self-deprecating levity. Obviously, you are way too literal for such subtleties.

By J on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 08:38 am:

Bobby,I feel your sarcasm,want an enema? A clean colon is a healthy colon.

By Hal on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 09:58 am:

Or hell you could just go to the circus and let a clown pull something out of his pants and shove it up your ass. Either way, your in for one hell of an ass gouging...

As for clowns again, they scare the hell out of me.

By Czarina on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 10:52 am:

As it is obvious that you are merely a concrete thinker,with minimal ability at abstract interpretation,I'll break this down for you.

Had you taken the time to read the thread before you posted,you would have understood the questions.[I'll take a moment here to break this down,so it doesn't go over your head,again.]

The original post said "That clowns are scary.They hide things in their pants."

My inference was that "you" must be the clown,therefore,I wanted to know what "scary stuff" you had in your pants.

Your response was inappropriate and rather tangential.You seem to have interpreted this in a somewhat persecutory manner.

As for your self admitted inadequacy,in relation to what you have in your pants,you have my sincerest sympathy,as I think very few would find any humor in a sub-standard penis.

On this note,let me be the first to extend a big,warm Sorabji greeting to you.

"Fuck you,you ass."

By patrick on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 11:46 am:

yeah that was real dumb of you Bobby.

and Shakes is a classic.

but you're still an ass.

By J on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 11:57 am:

I guess since Czarina ripped him a new asshole, he doesn't need that enema.

By pez on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 01:26 pm:

maybe he'd prefer to be castrated.

By Hal on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 05:25 pm:

We've already established there isn't much worth castrating by Bobby's own admission.

By Bobby on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 01:05 am:

Oh, now we're cooking! You guys are great! Enemas, ass gouging, asshole ripping and even castration. Ooh. I haven't heard such fine trash talkin' since junior high! I guess y'all really put me in my place.

I guess this means I'm not welcome in your clannish little trailer park, huh?

By dave. on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 02:01 am:

you would be more welcome if you weren't so fucking sensitive and bitchy.

i often get banned from chat rooms because some little übermonkey feels like talking shit (i swear, i never start it) and i take it just a little too far and they're left with no recourse but to ban me. i realize that if i wanna be accepted, i should do the obligatory belly-baring to the pack leader but i can't help myself. even though i'm just smiling, all they see are bared teeth.

whatever. when you're laboriously sucking your last breaths and that feeling of overwhelming fear and dread flip-flops into absolute sublime serenity, all the years of mooing and oinking and clucking from out behind sorabji's trailer will fade into perfect, inaudible white noise and you will finally know all as the energy that is your essence dissolves into the matrix of potentia that permeates the infinite "to be" in all of it's conjugations.

until then: fuck you, you ass.

By pez on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 03:03 am:

*ooh, we're so scared*

listen you:
    we don't like you. you provide next to nothing to argue against or to admire. your acting, even in writing, is horrible. now shut up and behave or use your brain. you're not the scarecrow.

By Bobby on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 04:33 am:

Dave, let me get this straight. (Maybe I should hire a interpreter.) Are you saying I won't "get it" until I'm on my deathbed? Oh, brother!

I'm intriqued about your getting banned from chat rooms. Tell me, what specifically must one do to get banned?

I was kind of digging the unique "fuck you, you ass" mantra - I felt maybe I had achieved some sort of black sheep status in the Sorabji family; until my search engine revealed this to be a common expression at other sites, as well. Alas.

By J on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 09:00 am:

I'm usually nice to everyone here,but I don't like you bobby,you insulted Czarina and she's a very good friend of mine.Oh,I just love it when some "clown" can dish it out,but can't take it when he gets a dose of his own medicine,and in your own words,clowns are dangerous and demented beings that should be avoided at all costs! So why don't you take your act to another "trailer park" and we'll see you at the circus.

By dave. on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 10:20 am:

oh, ignore it. he's just stuck in i'm-so-clever mode like the rest of us.

By Hal on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 10:45 am:

Yes dave he is.

But Dave, he's not clever.

I don't like clowns Dave, Clowns are scary Dave.

By dave. on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 10:51 am:

read my lips, hal.

By J on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 11:29 am:

By patrick on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 11:43 am:

he gets the "fuck you, you ass!" and he feels like a black sheep?

you're supposed to feel like the white sheep after that...

Im sorry bobby, i just don't think this is going to work out. You appear to have a limit to the literal and that would make your time here a waste.

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By pez on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 12:04 pm:

white sheep, black sheep, i'd rather have him on the dinner table than baa-ing.

not like i eat that sort of thing.

By blindswine on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 01:07 pm:

i think y'all better line up and pick one.

no charge.

By patrick on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 01:43 pm:

i think i want "Carving Birds of Prey"

that sounds hot.

By J on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 02:56 pm:

I don't consider myself a blathering dork,thank you very much.Wise guy:)

By pez on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 03:15 pm:

hey, i don't *always* blather. . .do i?

5000 years of glass
    afghans to knit and crochet
    amateur astronomy

By Cat on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 04:06 pm:

Go blather a dick, Blindswine.

By Czarina on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 05:09 pm:

Go suck a Bobo ball.

By Cat on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 05:35 pm:

Go lather a dork.

By Dougie on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 05:42 pm:

Damn, that's one good search engine at B&N. It actually takes into account "blathering dorks."
    If you just put in "hobbies" into the Out of Print section, it comes up with a much wider and
    different selection.

By pez on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 05:47 pm:

good god

By Dougie on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 11:32 am:

Last night's Simpsons rerun was the one where Homer goes to Krusty's Klown School. A classic.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 01:10 pm:

oh thats the best. i love it when he starts hallucinating of marge and the family as clowns

By Dougie on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 01:17 pm:

Yeah, and then he finally says, "That's it! You've all held me back for too long! I'm going to Clown College!!!" And Bart says after a pause, "I don't think any of us saw that coming..."

By patrick on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 02:50 pm:

i have the coolest bus driver in the afternoons. its fucking Ottoman i tell ya. He's the long hair, with tinted glasses, mid to late 40s.....who says "mannnn" after every sentence. He knows all the kids who ride the bus...because its an afternoon route there are alot of high school kids on it, they all hang all over him. he makes pot jokes and what not.

One time one of the girls was making a reference to "paint it black" by the stones....and I said..."yeah i have that on album...Decembers Children i think it is..." he looks up in his mirror "Oh yeah man.....thats good shit man, when that song came out thats when everything went weird man....i dropped out and went to San Francisco and became a hippie....Yeah man....the Stones Rule!!!!" "yeahhhhh i got almost all of their major releases on record at home..."

i swear to god he's Ottoman.

my database if offline...cant do nuttin

By Dougie on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 03:51 pm:

That's kewl, little dude. As long as Otto doesn't get blotto while he's driving the bus.

By pez on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 05:46 pm:

i remember riding the max once...i got on at the end of the line, and sat there knitting while the driver moved to the front. "how about you drive and i sit?" he asked. "i'd do it but...can you knit?" i replied. then he went on to describe the scarves he's knitted and a long long gum wrapper chain he's made.

public transit guys are pretty cool when they're not driving.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact