Yeah but you gotta put out.

sorabji.com: Do you love me?: Yeah but you gotta put out.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Oswald Jr. on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 01:59 pm:

Ladys and gents I am still alive. But not on line much as I am busy with other things. But it is not like Your Captain to forget you. I your humble leader have been thru a hundred kinds of hell but I am O.K. now been thru death and my boy friend done some thing real fucked up but we are alright now and yes still togeather. I am still playing bass guitar I am learning to drive I am writing great and wonderful things and, I am about to have some fried chicken for lunch. I am still in school with no summer break. And I have on a shiney lether jacket its too hot for it but I had to put it on for a moment just cause its cool. Under that is black mesh shirt you can see my tittys and a fake nipple pierce cause I am too chicken shit to get the real thing. I now bless you and your gonads in the name of Genghis Khan. Selah!

By pez on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 02:10 pm:

rock on.

i'd say more but i biked almost 30 miles yesterday on my cruiser and i'm sore all over.

By LoneStranger on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 04:48 pm:

I need a mesh shirt.

LS

By Festa on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 06:10 pm:

'ridin around like a big fag on my 4-wheelers

By LoneStranger on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 07:13 pm:

Giant cigarette on wheels?

Very queer.

LS

By Oswald Jr. on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 12:16 pm:

The fucked up thing that my boy friend did was that he got someone knocked up I did not know what to do but theres not a damn thing i could do any way. As it was allready taken care of by the time I find out the abortion the whole deal was done. But I took him back and we are fine now some people would say I am a fool to take him back but I feel he was realy sorry for it and it was a bigass mistake. But it makes for some questions like why the hell did he pick a girl in stead of a man to cheat with. But hes never been with a girl othar than her and its a friend of ours. He say he is not bi it was just a one time thing. Good Lord things are hard to figure out these days but you know I am still a happy person despite of it all.

By agatha on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 12:24 pm:

By Oswald Jr. on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 02:42 pm:

The pix are funny as hell. And it was weird about the boy friend I know he feels real bad about it. But I had to ask him if he liked it and how it made him feel and what he thinks about makeing a baby like that. And he says all he thinks is fear. So afraid of everything. And afraid of what I will say. Not ready to be a daddy and who does he go to 1st for advise but Pilate. All the kids go to Pilate before they will go to there own parents. He has a rep for being cool. But Pilate is still old school about some things like homework but that is O.K. he stays on me when I would as soon slack off. So D tells me he knocked this girl up and he crys and shakes and I just want to bitch slap him I mean I was fucken angry but he looks so bad I can not help but love him. That is how it went. And 3 difrent people hand him $$ for the abortion but in the end he pays for it alone and he says he is still paying for it every day of his life. His folx were freaked out his priest was no big help. D tells me that I help him more than any one. I was the most helpfull and I had the most cause to be angry. It is nice that I could help even tho pissed off to the bottom of my soul. But I am not upset any more. The girl says some day she mite like a baby from me and D both when she is older but I say no way in hell.

By agatha on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 02:55 pm:

is this one of your girlfriends that you talk about? you don't have to tell me, i am just curious. forgiveness is a really good quality, but make sure not to let people take advantage of your kindness.

i knew you would like those pictures.

By Oswald Jr. on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 05:33 pm:

Yeah this is one of my close friends and I don't have that many. I have a couple new friends Slakker and Mal they are very cool but kinda weird. They are not my best buds yet but geting closer Slakker use to be on drugs but he is off his daddy beat him it scared him real bad and then Slakker got strange religion but he's all cool about it. He is like some kind of wizard. Mal is just cute and funny he is bi and does not say much ever. Some days its like he can not speak. I know he pose for some pix he should not and the person taking them was like 50. Mal is real cool but I think he is like a serial killer waiting to hapen never says much just thinks and you never know about what, he took off his shirt and I saw scars.

By Oswald Jr. on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 11:00 am:

So I got a dinner date tonite with some one who is not my boyfriend. But it is not a big deal. Is it a date if you are just friends? I call them dates but no one is dating here but me and D. Anyway I am going out with my friend Mal. He come into some $$ and wants to blow a little of it on me which is always the proper thing to do. If you got some extra cash you would do the same thing. Well I find out that Mal knows about the whole Subgenius thing and its one more thing we got in common and he know about conspiracy stuff. When he talks he is good to talk to but I met his family and they are real creepy quiet all of them they are very scarey people. His fam does not know he has pose for dirty pix he wont go home much he is afraid of some one there. I think he's into Satan he got some books but just cause you read some thing dont mean you are sold on it. Daddy (Pilate) says of all my friends Mal is most spooky. All my friends are fucked up includeing me. Teenage wasteland.

By Spider on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 11:14 am:

Is his name short for Malachi?

I went to school with a boy named Malachi Mitchell. He was pretty fucked up, too.

By semillama on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 11:28 am:

If Mal has come into money, he needs to send
    his (and yours, if you haven't) $30 to:
    The SubGenius Foundation
    PO BOX 204206
    Austin, TX 78720-4206

Buy some nifty Connie t-shirts, too.

Prabob!

By Oswald Jr. on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 12:28 pm:

It is short for Malcolm. I have'nt sent 30 bux to the Subgenius thing but I should. Praise "Bob" I could use 30 bux worth of enlitement. The enlitement tho is that I will be $30 poorer.

By patrick on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 01:06 pm:

what.

By Nate on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 01:20 pm:

what.

By Oswald Jr. on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 03:01 pm:

Whatever. I was not so clear there but I know what I mean and thats what counts. Enlitement can come by being riped off you know and to get played for a sucker is a big lesson wether you like it or not you can learn plenty from disastar. I will talk about this later. The Gospel of Oswald can not be understand by all. But today is my lucky day I get free lunch and I get free dinner tonite the gods are smileing on my ass. I got veggie stuff fixed for me by Slakker and an other friend who come over here by suprise. There was a salad the size of Christ real green stuff in there and bake food too and its all good but for some egg plant that was kinda gross. I am not an egg plant kinda guy.I feel good just got out of the bath I am all squeeky clean but what to wear for dinner Pilate says dont go in drag. So I can mite wear low cut black vinil pants with a silver chain belt and top cut above waisteline. Show a little skin and maybe I get some more free dinner later on.

By patrick on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 03:11 pm:

oswald my post of "what" had nothing to do with yours or frankly anyone elses. it was a general statement meant for audiences world wide.

By heather on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 03:12 pm:

not a date, huh?

By Oswald Jr. on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 04:14 pm:

Cool, Patrick.
    what? :)
    Its' not a date. I mean not a real one but a dinner date but I just feel like dresing up for it I mean not like wearing a suit but a freaky cool outfit plus Mal is hot and I can not have him outdo me cause then I would have to scrach his eyes out.

By agatha on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 12:09 am:

(it's a "get your boyfriend jealous" date...)

By Oswald Jr. on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 02:13 am:

No it was not like that. But I can see how you can get that idea but we went out and act like total gentelmen. Exceapt for when Mal pissed on the wall outside and we got run off by some Chinese dude but thats a difrent story. It was not to get my man jealous it was some thing else. Like dinner with a friend I wanna get to know beter. But it mite have been more. I liked going out with Mal it was fun to get dressed up like that but D and me are not in danger of breaking up. I think Mal is hot but so does D and we agree if we are to have him we take him togethar. Me and D has not even done each other yet so this won't hapen any time soon but it is just this idea. I feel curoius about things. I want to go beserk and I know D is just as screwed up as I am the good thing is that we are in the same mood these days. Good for us. Bad for humanity. I am this big ball of sex and weirdness and I just feel like I can explode it is not just the sex it is every thing. I want to party like hell and burn it all out of my system at once. Sin like the devil. Mal gave me some wine I want more more more more. I need release and I try to do it with music and writing but some days I wanna slam my fist thru the wall not cause I am mad just cause I got this energy I can not do anything else with.

By sarah on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 11:38 am:

consider masturbation.

By Oswald Jr. on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 12:17 pm:

Consider it hell I have made a carreer out of it. By the way I feel beter now but still there is this energy but I will try to write it away. some one told me to take up sports but, I suck at them all and you know I could break a nail.

By J on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 01:20 pm:

Swimming,pools,speedo's?

By J on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 01:59 pm:

By Pilate on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 02:43 pm:

"Making the bald guy puke." Delightful.

By spunky on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 05:45 pm:

By Oswald Jr. on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 01:08 pm:

Your right that is horrifying. And so was this weekend. No not horrifying I guess but just strange I go out and partyed and Your Captain had to much to drink. Saw stuff no one should see. Much talk with the folx about all this stuff. I admit it all yes I got drunk acted a fool and wanted to fuck every body I danced with, D was there he takes me by the hand takes me up the stairs there is a couple on a bed. Straight girl and boy and the boy is eating her out. We tell them to move the fuck over. D takes me down on the bed. This was real hot the music was good it was all the way I wanted I did not mind the othar couple she gets off rite in front of me D has his hands all over me I felt like some kind of God. Me and D stop it quick we did not even get all undresed we were very good but only for the sake of family if we only have us to think of we'd fuck like theres no tommorow. But now here I am haveing to explane the marks on my neck the scratchs down my back. The scratchs did not hurt at the time I got them. I am not in trouble its gone past that point I stand by my folx I no longer know why they want to hold back but I will try my best to act right now. I still got religion but some days I feel like I could dance strip tease on the alter I went kinda wild but it could be so much worse I could be a junky you know.

By Oswald Jr. on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 08:53 pm:

I have the coolest parents in the world. I just wanted to say that. Thank you and goodnite.

By Oswald Jr. on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 04:15 am:

Just had a long talk with Pilate. On the phone. He is working away and I talk to him real late at nite. Its like talking to a friend tho he worrys about me but who does'nt. It will not be so long til I am adult and can leave home but I mite stick around. My boy friend is geting his own place real soon I will be there a lot Pilate talks to me about if I will move in with him when I am 18 and yes I mite but then again I do not know. I have all ready got asked by D to move in and I am too young and I am afraid to pack up and leave home any way. And that is it my friends I do not know jackshit. You dont eaither. I know I want to be Pilates best friend no matter what I do in this life. Now behoald and bow down to my allmighty red pajamas I am going to bed. Selah!

By Ophelia on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 04:08 pm:

Oswald, you relieve me when I worry that my life is wierd. I figure if you can be happy and sane enough to be as clearheaded about everything as you are, there is no way I should feel despair. You are an inspiration. Thanks.

By Oswald Jr. on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 10:16 am:

Ophelia you rock. The thing is I am not so clearheaded. But I am happy.

By semillama on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 12:23 pm:

sometimes I think that i should be so lucky to
    ever have a son like oswald, if i ever have a
    son that is.

By Oswald Jr. on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 02:10 pm:

Yeah me too. If only I could have a kid so good so sweet so fucking wonderfull. :) I am teaseing Sem thats the coolest thing to say ever and I thank you for it. I am going to the lake with my friend Slakker he will be with me for a while his Daddy has put him out again said do not come home or I will kill you. I am so lucky to have the folx I've got now. Slakker fight with his Daddy and give him a black eye he did not mean to but Slakker was geting beat real hard for some thing he did not even do and he lose his temper and he pops the old man rite in the eye. That has been a while the new thing is that Slakker was found drunk outside at nite and gets took home and give to his drunken Daddy who says I hate you your not even my son dont come home no more. I got some friends like that who's parents throw them out when they screw up. Shit like that will not ever happen betwean Pilate and me. The cool people of the world gotta be the ones haveing kids not the assholes. All my friends are real good people kinda messed up but in their hearts they are good and kind.

By LoneStranger on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 03:29 pm:

So, has anyone put out yet?

LS

By Pilate on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 06:10 pm:

Sem, your post made my day.

And now I'm heading back to Pilate's Home For Troubled Youth. Dealing with this kid, Slakker, is basically like dealing with another adult, albeit a psychologically scrambled one. He's basically a good kid, low maintenance (unless you're his father, who's in too much of an alcoholic stupor to tell the difference anyway). Another case of parents not realizing that they've got an intelligent and worthwhile kid on their hands.

LS, nobody's putting out. But maybe if they get paid extra, they will.

By Ophelia on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 09:50 pm:

Hey, at least the screwed up people of the world are interesting. Sometimes i get sick of life's problems, but they keep me busy so i dont get bored. And the beautiful things totally make up for all that sucks. I get along better with people with problems, mostly cause they never bore me and they keep me from focusing on myself. The places where people are hurting are the places where there's the most potential to make things brighter. Sounds like the Pilate household is a beautiful sanctuary for troubled kids. Rock on.

By Ophelia on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 09:52 pm:

oh yeah, oswald, by clearheaded basically i was refering to the fact that you are decently happy and able to love. thats all the clearness thats really important. its what gets you through.

By patrick on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 11:56 am:

i know many teens like to think they are screwed up, but most are pretty much like any other teen in this regard. You arent screwed up, your just a teen.

By Oswald Jr. on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 01:00 pm:

Hope your right Patrick. I hope its just being a teen that is the problem and not that I am totaly fucked in the skull. So I had a nice time at the lake with Slakker we got in trouble tho. Not too bad but we were dumb and I admit it we went home with this old guy he take us out on the water in his boat and then he takes us home he cooks fish and hush puppys and good things for us well Pilate blew a fuse it could have been a serial killer instead of a nice old geazer. Do not go home with strangars etc and so forth. But if the old guy tryed any thing me and Slakker could have kicked his fucking ass and burn his house down. He got more to fear from us than the othar way round. And Slakker had a knife in his boot but anyhow the man was real nice he cooked us fish and show us his bird dog and tell us Bible storys and now I am just all messed up about the fall of man.

By patrick on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 01:06 pm:

i think most here will agree with me Reverend.

Finding yourself and negotiating the physical and chemical changes occuring within you is a wack thing.

It will all settle down and into place soon enough and in the end thats when the world needs to put their seat belts on for your second coming.

By Oswald Jr. on Friday, May 24, 2002 - 11:39 am:

My second coming will be a hell of a thing. I will find myself but for now I seem to be real lost. I still got a friend staying with me. Slakkers dad said he still can not come home so we got him. We cant' go to the lake today cause its raining. Slakker get up and cook for us all he is a good cook and he been washing dishes and stuff he is a freak but more polite than most good kids. That is the thing. The good people can be rude as hell while the weirdo's can be helpfull and kind. He want to make up with his Daddy it probly will not work and if he can not patch it up with him soon he will go ahead and leave home. Cause its not going to get any beter. He may move in with my boy friend for a little bit until he can get his own place.

By Spider on Friday, May 24, 2002 - 11:50 am:

Your friend might be wise to wait a little longer before trying to make up with his dad. Make sure he's good and calm.

By Spider on Friday, May 24, 2002 - 11:51 am:

(I meant that the dad should be calm.)

By Oswald Jr. on Friday, May 24, 2002 - 01:16 pm:

I know what you mean but now it is a done deal. Cause his Dad just call up and say its time to move out get your shit and pack up I do not care where you go. The things thats left at home by next week will get thrown away but, Slakker can take some of the chairs a bed and a 2 tables. We will help him move out but it is a very sad thing. But very exceiting too cause he is realy free. But he gotta find a new job now. He work off the books part time he is a dropout like me. His Daddy was nice bout 2 things. He say he will help him with a car but it will not be a nice one and also say that he was on his own by 14 and make it O.K. He says boy you will be all right just dont fuck up cause now your on your own. Slakkers sis is gone their Daddy beat her up when she was pregnent she lose the baby she don't speak to him now. My friends are a messed up crew but their folx are even worse. It is like a soap opara around here.

By semillama on Friday, May 24, 2002 - 03:05 pm:

Some people's folks should be driven through
    the streets with an angry mob pelting thim
    with sharp objects.

By eri on Friday, May 24, 2002 - 04:05 pm:

Sounds like your friends Dad is my mother's polar opposite. And yes, my mother is pretty fucked in the head, too. After all, she still lets my sister live with her for free and when my sister was back in jail, my mother went to see her boss and plead for her to have a job when she got out of jail (Annie only worked 2 shifts before she went back in). They pay all of her bills and travel all over doing things to make her life easier.

By Oswald Jr. on Friday, May 24, 2002 - 04:30 pm:

We got some stuff moved now. Not all of it we did not have a bunch of time but Slakker is happy and afraid at the same time. He's freakin cause he did not think the old man would cut him loose so fast. His Dad tell him he is tired of haveing fights with him and he mite try to quite drinking so he needs time alone. His Daddy is a big scary guy with tatoos and he hits beafore he thinks. He use to work for a circus he was a carney and he been in jail for beating people up. His name is Archie and that is Slakkers name too and the grandfather is Archie also. Aint that a hell of a name. But it is probaly more intresing than my own name.

By heather on Friday, May 24, 2002 - 06:17 pm:

archie the third,

right on.

By Oswald Jr. on Friday, May 24, 2002 - 07:24 pm:

Archie the third. Sounds like some kind of king. The king of the trailer park maybe. But he's a cool guy. He cooks real good and can sew Pilate says he will make some body a good wife one of these days.

By Ophelia on Saturday, May 25, 2002 - 12:26 pm:

So is slakkar/archieIII living at your house? and for how long? Just curious. He sounds real nice. Maybe better off not living with the father, though its all pretty rough either way. I dont know about praying, but I'll pray for him.

By Oswald Jr. on Sunday, May 26, 2002 - 06:38 pm:

Slakker is living with us for now. Prayer always helps I think it can work. He is a nice guy real smart almost to smart for his own good. He is like a cross betwean a hippy and a goth.

By eri on Sunday, May 26, 2002 - 10:44 pm:

Slakker sounds a lot like someone I know in Cali. She is also a combination of hippie and goth. She left her home as soon as she could to escape her step-fathers abuses (boy could I name a list). She works 2 or 3 jobs at a time to pay the bills and supports her loser boyfriend. She is an extremely sensitive person, but has a wonderful heart. Most people who meet her wouldn't think she could do half of what she does, but she does it and becomes more and more successful every day (getting what she wants out of life). She has a lot more on her plate than she should have and has had to grow up WAYYYY to fast. My point being that she came out on top without anyone's help (the only exception being her father bought her a $200 plane ticket in 5 years on her own). Have faith. Slakker will make it, and will do well and learn well. It's just a matter of time.

By Ophelia on Monday, May 27, 2002 - 03:06 pm:

I hope you are right. it sounds like with his strength and the help he is getting he should turn out okay.

By Oswald Jr. on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 10:41 am:

I think he will. All my friends got troubels but I think they will be O.K. lets just see if I turn out O.K. my own self. The old man we met at the lake well Slakker is realy into him he is like this old guy and we call him Gramps. Slakker use to have a real nice Grandpa but he died and when he did theres no one to stop people from being mean to him he lived with his Grandpa but had to go back home and there he got beat up and hurt. I only got one buddy who dont have problams at home. Sad isn't it. This old guy Gramps he know how to tie fly fishing lures. He has got a short wave radio. He can sure fish and cook and make a garden and he got flowers comeing up he told us they are called gladiolus he spelled the name on paper for me. They are call glads for short. He tell us they will be all colors of the rainbow. It is good to think of Gramps and his glads.

By Ophelia on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 05:38 pm:

gramps sounds like a cool guy. i bet he's got stories to tell.

By eri on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 08:39 pm:

He does sound cool, reminds me of my Grandma. A good voice of reason when you can't make sense of something. Sometimes that voice is all you need to get your head on straight and get your shit together. You know, the voice you aren't afraid to listen to. Glads are beautiful in bloom.

By Oswald Jr. on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 10:23 am:

I took a test this morning in vocabulary and I aced it. I was supose to take it later in the day but I get up real early and I say to my Daddy (T, not Pilate) why dont I just take it now. And he gives it to me and I am done with test and my reading by sunrise. So now I am free for today. Me and my friends help sometime with saveing animals and my buddy Mal helped this poor old blood hound and we take him to his new owners they are on a farm with big fields real good for hunt dogs Mal was sad to see Leroy go but he know it is for the best we help animals and send them to the next home. It is called fostering and it is same for animals as people you do not adopt forever but just for the short term til they find a real home. Leroy the blood hound got run over by a car and was real old and did not have much for teeth and blind in one eye but now he is with real nice people. He is a big dog. Mal does the dog rescue with his cousin who is cool. People say that animals do not go to Heaven when they die but does any one know in the Bible where it says that?

By drpy on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 11:38 am:

here's how i've heard it: for one thing, god saved all the animals from the flood, so he must like animals. two - why would god populate the earth with animals that can't be eaten, ridden, or do work (for man) if they didn't have some worth beyond man? three - in many places in the old testament, heaven is described as sort of a second earth. in isaiah 65:25, it says: "the wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock; and dust shall be the serpent's meat. they shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the lord."

By Spider on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 11:50 am:

St. Thomas Aquinas says that all life-forms (including plants, I think) have souls.

By Nate on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 12:12 pm:

rocks too.

By dave. on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 12:19 pm:

all particles and waves

By Oswald Jr. on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 12:24 pm:

I been told all my life that animals do not go to Heaven but no one has yet proved it to me with the Bible I like to think that when I die I will meet back up with my pets I lost. My little bro also phoned me asking this stuff and, I do not know what to say to him but I try to be hopefull. How can a dog not have a soul they are so full of life and they are nicer than most people. It could be that all things have souls I do think we go some where after death cause theres so much energy it is hard to think of it just shutting off.

By drpy on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 12:52 pm:

all my life i've heard the term "living rock" in pbs science shows and places like that. rocks have souls.

there's a place in ecclesiastes where the guy says that man has no preeminence over beasts, because we all die in the end.

you ever heard the term "dead rock"? (applied to minerals, not music.) rocks have preeminence over man.

By Spider on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 02:04 pm:

Again according to St. Thomas Aquinas, we may not have preeminence over animals or rocks (cute), but we are spiritually superior. Our superiority is due, no less, to the fact that we have spirits as well as souls, while animals and plants have only souls.

Whether spirits are the higher part of souls or are distinct from souls is another issue. I have never read arguments supporting either side, nor can I give you a definition of either (except that souls are thought to be comprised of the memory, will, and intellect). Personally, I think they're distinct, but that's just an impression I have.

By patrick on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 02:09 pm:

I take it Spider that St. Thomas Aquinas doesnt sound as nearly as ridiculous to you as he does to me.

While I don't doubt the existance of spirts and/or souls (these two words are interchangable in my mind) proclaiming to know what animals and plants have or don't have is just absurd.

I think its a safe assumption that we all come from the same source, that we are all connected, rock, man, plant, pooch. the only distinction is physical. to make any determination such "well animals don't have spirits, but they have souls" is retarded. Its like, shut up you ass.

By patrick on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 02:10 pm:

or maybe it isnt a safe assumption, but its mine anyway.

By Spider on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 02:40 pm:

Well, he has logical proofs to support his claims. The logic he uses is not modern analytic logic, so keep that in mind. My roommate wrote her undergrad thesis on St. Thomas' epistemology (how you come to know something/have knowledge), so she could tell you more about his ideas.

Mostly, it's like the classic "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" question. Ultimately, the answer is "who cares?" but it's still good mental exercise. Spirit vs. soul is an important topic in the philosophy of religion, too.

By semillama on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 04:47 pm:

Wasn't Aquinas the one who said that the soul
    enters the body at birth?

By Spider on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 06:29 pm:

I don't know about that. I kind of doubt it -- people didn't have a good idea of what conception was all about, but they were aware of what they called the quickening of the infant in the womb (and St. John the Baptist, in the gospel, "lept for joy" in St. Elizabeth's womb when she met the pregnant Mary, for example), and people thought that miscarried fetuses and unbaptised babies went to what they called Limbo. So...since the babies' bodies didn't go to Limbo...people must have been talking about their souls, right? I don't know, though -- I haven't read much of Aquinas.

By pez on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 07:33 pm:

i think it's perfectly resonable to believe that animals have both spirits and souls. "spiritual superiority" probably stems from god "creating man in his own image" and telling them to lord over the earth in the bible.

if you don't believe that animals have spirit or soul, just watch a cat. you can't tell me that felines have no sense of humor. and humor can be equated with spirit in some cases. as can loyalty. and taits of personality must be related to spirit in some form.

nazis believed that the weak deserved to die in order to keep the aryan race strong... i think that is in a simalar vein although perhaps a much crueler example.

By Oswald Jr. on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 09:47 am:

When I was a kid folks were real mean to animals they say its cause the Bible says man was set over the animals so we can do as we please with them. I do not bealieve in that. My father and uncle back in my old family they kicked dogs real hard and blow up fire crackers in their face and my older brother hurt animals real bad with needles and fire and stuff he put metal clamps on dogs til it wore thru the skin. My new family is so difrent I never seen them be mean to any animal.My friend Mal is kinda freaking about the blood hound he wants him back and miss him very much. But theres no real place to keep him Leroy is a big dog and drool all the time and does not smell so good. But the dog has got goodness in his heart and that is what counts.

By Skooter on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 05:04 pm:

So...I couldn't find any better topics to post on
    today. Just been really manic and it feels good
    to write something.
    I just went through the busiest and most
    craziest week. I got married to my longtime
    sweetie Nikola, who sometimes posts on
    here as Betany Bree.
    Getting married is a very heavy thing. i was
    trying not to cry and laugh all at the same time.
    It was strange to see so many of my really
    close friends toegther at the same time,
    interacting with all my relatives.
    My band, "The Trousersnakessss..." played for
    the third time in three years, and it was great.
    We did all kinds of great covers and jamming.
    the bass player at the party was one of the
    engineers of "the damage manual" record
    and a bunch of pigface stuff.
    We drank Honey Brown, which I dedicated a
    quaff to our good friend Sem.
    Missed you being there duder.
    The honeymoon was swell, spent it at
    secluded cabin on Misery Bay, one of the most
    pristine spots around.
    It just started to rain outside, really really hard.
    Is R.Kelly a Catholic Priest?

By patrick on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 05:06 pm:

hey welcome to the club fucknuts.

By agatha on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 01:48 pm:

congratulations, skooter.

By Skooter on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 02:07 pm:

Thanks Agatha. Hey patrick, my nuts dont
    mind being fucked, how bout yours?

By J on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 12:56 am:

Best wishes Scooter and Sem will be next,you notice he's been "busy' lately,right on.

By Oswald Jr. on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 11:14 am:

Congrats Skooter! I am skipping church in your honor. Well okay. That is not realy why but its a real handy excuse.

By Skooter on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 12:13 pm:

Ozzy...That does me proud! The more peeps
    that skip church on account of my being, the
    better!
    We're going to have one heck of a party in hell!

By Oswald Jr. on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 06:49 pm:

Don't know if I will go to hell for skipping church today but then you nevar do know. Like I could be in the line for Heaven and then St. Peter says hey you kid you fuckup. You skipped church now you gotta go to hell. So maybe I should go tonite. :) Anyway I was a heathen today I go to the lake with my guy friends. My girl friends have got busy lately cant' hang out much so I have been with the guys we do real macho shit like paint our finger nails black.

By LoneStranger on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 03:10 am:

I'm still waiting for someone to put out.

LS

By patrick on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:10 pm:

i didnt go to church....i made one.

my nuts silently acknowledge your question skoot.

By semillama on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:57 pm:

wish I could have made it, skooter. I'll see you
    later this summer though.

Apparently Paul Westerberg has some new
    project out, I think it's called Grandpa Pops but
    I don't know for sure. It's supposed to be the
    SHIT.

By Oswald Jr. on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 01:25 pm:

Hanging with my friend Slakker. We was outside in the rain I know what you are thinking they dont have the sense to come in from the rain but it felt good we was covared in fresh cut grass and rain and then my boy friend comes by he says good Lord get out of the rain. We did not. So then he says well if you cant beat em join em and he comes out and gets wet too. From in the house we was blasting music it was Mr. Bungle and we go dancing in the rain like freaks.

By Skooter on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 09:43 am:

Oz....Which Mr. Bungle? Love those guys....

By Oswald Jr. on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 10:14 am:

First album. Mr. Bungle kicks ass.

By Skooter on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 09:06 pm:

"May the sun be set aflame, your blue moon
    be drenched with blood"- One of my favorite Mr
    Bungle Lyrics.
    I am the worlds biggest Mike Patton fan, but
    don't have enough money to keep up with all
    his goddamn side projects. Does he have like
    7 of them?
    Lovage. Tomahawk. Fantomas, Mr.Bungle,
    ...thats at least four.
    I heard he pooped on Axl Rose's teleprompter.

By Nate on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 09:22 pm:

faith no more

he stood on axl rose's monitor and dumped a bottle of piss over his head.

By sarah on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 09:50 am:

in 1987 i saw guns n roses open up for the cult at either the state theater or royal oak music theater... can't remember which now. but what i vividly remember is guns n roses getting boo'd right off the stage.

By Skooter on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 10:05 am:

I know about the bottle of piss. i think the poop
    was another time.
    Axl is such a wasted freak. What ever
    happened to that new album anyway? Is it
    ever coming out?

By patrick on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 11:57 am:

speaking of boo-ing bad music...channel surfing i came across the Making of the Video of Kelly Osbournes "Papa Dont Preach". *rolls eyes* please.

It's always kinda weird when we catch this show cause we inevitably see someone we know, and its kinda funny to see them on TV, but otherwise, what a waste.What a silly silly silly girl riding on mommy and daddy's coatails and checkbook.

is there is a new album of GnR coming out, i think its safe to say the end is near.

By eri on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 01:35 pm:

They're playing that version of "Papa Don't Preach" on the pop stations out here. I thought it was funny. I wondered if she was riding on Daddy's coattails. I don't really watch "The Osbournes" so I don't know about it and haven't seen the video, but much like the show it falls under the "only if I'm bored out of my mind" category. The "I really don't care" category. Chalk it up to lack of interest.

I haven't heard anything about a new G&R album coming out, but to me that falls under the "old" category and again, I really don't have any interest. The only G&R I liked is old, and I could care less about the new.

By heather on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 02:26 pm:

oh no, it's definitely her fabulous pop star quality combined with a stellar work ethic

the only good part about the video [my sister was watching it when i got back from detroit yesterday] is the occasional knowing/sarcastic look she gives the camera. though i have to say she's watch-ably cute and funny on her dad's show

By Skooter on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 02:58 pm:

Yep. There was supposed to be an album
    featuring this lineup...Robin Fink (NIN) and
    Buckethead on guitar, Tommy Stinson
    (Replacements) on bass, Josh from Perfect
    Circle on Drums, Axl and Dizzy.
    The've been touring Europe ya know.
    AXL meets 9inch Nalis? Hmmm.
    Yea, that Osborn kid is cute in a get you in
    trouble, arrested like R.Kelly way.
    Does anyone think Denver is about to burn to
    the ground? Who set that wildfire? I know.
    Terroists did it.

By patrick on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 03:10 pm:

actually she full admitted she has no other songs together and looks to the end of the summer to have an album together.

her voice is heaviuly digitized and im confident she has no musical talent.

I don't even think shes cute. She comes off as an annoying and pompous little brat... on TV anyway.

Some of those musicians whose careers are otherwise desolate probably enjoy the paycheck they are getting my Papa Osbourne for Kelly's whimsical coverband

By Dougie on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 05:38 pm:

"oh no, it's definitely her fabulous pop star quality combined with a stellar work ethic"

Spunky and Patrick cat fighting: Good for a couple of laughs

Antigone and Nate baiting each other: Good for a few more

Sarcasm from heather: priceless

By patrick on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 06:07 pm:

that was sarcasm?

By Dougie on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 06:26 pm:

Pay attention Patty:

SERVE: "I wondered if she was riding on Daddy's coattails."

VOLLEY: "oh no, it's definitely her fabulous pop star quality combined with a stellar work ethic"

By patrick on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 06:43 pm:

wait...is THAT sarcasm?

me just yankin your chain dougEfresh

By Nate on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 09:03 pm:

who's Serve? who's Volley?

wtf.

By dougEfreshbreeze on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 11:05 pm:

Whose hoozit's what? Serve's on First, Volley's playing left field today.

Ask Heather. Or buy the Cliff Claven Notes.

ftw.

By Nate on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 11:19 pm:

fuck the what? fuck the who?

By J on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 01:48 am:

Kelly is just 17,she seems rather sweet to me,and she kind of reminds me of Drew Barrymore,I bet she's really short,cut that kid some slack,at least she respects her parents.I saw the video today,but I saw her do it on that Queen of England Special(birthday)and it was all good.How cool were you at 17?

By dave. on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 02:05 am:

i agree. jack's the little bitch of the group.

By moonit on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 03:59 am:

I'm having hotel sex this weekend. what are you doing?

By Oswald Jr. on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 08:38 am:

Well I am not having hotel sex this weekend. Dammit. I will hang out with my friends and maybe play some music too. One of my girl friends wants us all to do a pagan spell like every one got a part and so I will try. Plus she give me this cool robe to wear so I look all witchy and stuff. Tho I am a Christian I do not see what is wrong with trying othar things. Or maybe I am hell bound. My friends are into difrent kind of magic I will try them all. I feel more male when I do religion I do not know why. I dress like a girl a lot but I am not going to be transexual I got both male and female but what does it realy mean. I am just me. I am a gender all to my self.

By patrick on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 12:45 pm:

right on moonit, that there is some of the best sex there is.

we expect a full report.

By Ophelia on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 02:57 pm:

my brother had the coolest sorceror robe for a play he was in, with silky dark blue fabric and silver moon and stars. My grandma made it, with a matching hat. Its really nice. I get mildly annoyed when people say "oh, what a nice harry potter robe". bah.

By Oswald Jr. on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 03:13 pm:

Not all of us got robes but some do. Slakker got this badass looking robe he looks real cool. Maybe it does not help your magic when you look cool but it sure can't hurt at least you look cool to the folks around you and that is kinda magick in itself.

By Ophelia on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 03:18 pm:

yeah, i personally think magic and most stuff has mostly to do with believing, and if the costume helps you believe it, then why not use one?

seems wierd to say that in conjunction with my quaker beliefs of simplicity, but whatever, i guess if i believe its true i'm not gonna change it by thinking about whether its what i thought i would believe.

By moonit on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 04:05 am:

Oh my god Patrick, you know how hotel sex is supposed to be amazing (at least it was with the last person I had it with), this sucked big time ass.

If you smoke too much dope does it affect performance? Cause I tried every Fucking Trick I Know.. dammit, theres a little to much information right there, but bourbon is your friend when you're depressed.

fucking fucker fuckit.

By Czarina on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 05:21 am:

Proper accessorisizing is the key to any gala affair.

That,and its important to exude self confidence.

By patrick on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 12:00 pm:

If you smoke too much dope does it affect performance?

Absolutely, but id bet the booze was more your enemy than the smoke.

there's never too much information on sorabji.

i always seem to drink whisky and cokes in hotels due to the convenience of the vending machines in the halls. so maybe the sugar and caffeine could have been your savior.

better luck next time.

on another sexual note. we have to very good friends from the ATL coming Wed for 5 days. We're pretty sure they want to do what we did 2 years ago, again.

I'll remind you....

4 randy people + camcorder + valium + MakersMark=48hours of pure madmonkey decadence

we're not really into it....not really sure whats going to happen. it could be good, it could be bad.

By Czarina on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 11:32 pm:

Anytime "madmonkey decadence"is involved,my curiositoy is peeked.

By Czarina on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 11:32 pm:

By Czarina on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 11:33 pm:

By Czarina on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 11:37 pm:

Let me just reiterate,[heh heh heh],the madmonkey sex gets to me :)

maybe the beer,too

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact