new mille nico site

sorabji.com: Surfwatch: new mille nico site
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 03:11 pm:

One by-product of recent stresses.

A new collection. A new website.

Check out 'Collection 7'.

The first digitally shot collection.

By kazu on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 03:22 pm:

That didn't work.

this should.

By patrick on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 03:34 pm:

thanks toots.

By kazu on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 03:42 pm:

any time.

speaking of fashion, the weather here is very nice and so people are starting to wear less clothes. This, for the most part, is a good thing. However, many of them, mostly women, have started wearing flipflops with their jeans, skirts, shorts* and so forth. This I cannot stand. I am not opposed to sporty looking sandles, but these plastic flipflops look utterly retarded outside of the beach. And I'm not even talking about sandles that *look* like flipflops, the ones that have a thick sole and some arch support. I mean the thin, flimsy, plastic ones you can get at the drug store (although these people probably spent about $80 for them).

It's like the whole pajama pants and hoodie trend that took hold here last semester and annoyed me.

I'm going to make such a great old lady.

Can you believe what these kids are wearing? ick.

*I don't like shorts either, except for working out or hiking or something, but they don't annoy me to the extent that flopflops do.

By wisper on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 03:46 pm:

that modle dude creeps me out.

By patrick on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 03:51 pm:

i like shitty flipflops. the shittier the better.

they're up there with the trucker hats in terms of hipster style.

speaking of fashion we were talking about what to pack last night and she was asked to "dress up" for a dinner. but she considered the source of the memo. for the most part this is rural france. certainly not unsophisticated but different implications..

last year, visiting fayetteville, it was brought back to us that we were labeled "city-slickers" by a friend's girlfriend. she went on to cite the brand of nico's leather, shoes, purse etc. now at the time, we werent wearing anything different than we were would on a day to day basis, but it was interesting that someone saw us as dressed up "city slickers". i thought that was fucking funny.

yesterday, being springlike too, i wore my 'man sandles'. i thought i looked particularly gay and in such a scenario, i would much prefer the 99cent flipflops.

By kazu on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 03:56 pm:

a good pair of man sandles are hard to come by. there seems to be little choice other than gay man, old man, and hippie man.

there is also those adidas ones which need to be paired with gym pants or shorts...that's jock man.

my friend henry has a great pair of man sandles that are made out of astroturf (among other things).

By kazu on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 03:57 pm:

and that should be *sandals*

By Antigone on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 04:03 pm:

patrick, how do you get past the flash intro? I don't have flash.

By patrick on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 04:04 pm:

top right, it should say "skip intro" does it not?

By patrick on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 04:04 pm:

but then again, the entire website is done in flash. sorry dude.

By Antigone on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 04:07 pm:

Does not. The is link in flash, 'cause it's not in the HTML. :)

By Antigone on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 04:07 pm:

Oh well. :(

By J on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 04:17 pm:

I love the kimono sweater!!!!! Do sorabjites still get a discount? And I have to agree with Wisper about the model guy,he looks kind of seedy.I hate any shoe that has something rubbing between my toes.

By Spider on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 04:24 pm:

No offense to the girl in the photos, who's pretty, but next time find a model with some chest to speak of, else how am I to know what would look good on me?

I'm with J -- the kimono sweater is beautiful. I also like that layered v-neck sweater with the blue cuffs.

By kazu on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 04:28 pm:

I agree with spider regarding the model's lack of boobes.

By kazu on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 04:28 pm:

boobies.

i can't even spell stupid words today.

By patrick on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 04:42 pm:

bitch bitch bitch.

when you have no budget you take what you can get.

regarding the dude....well, you guys are on to something. HE'S FRENCH!

but a really swell guy and a very successful model that i foudn via craigslist.

the gal. she's been in 3 other mille nico catalogs.

most fashion models don't have boobs. check out any images from any given runway show. most of the models sport breast plates and rib cages. that aside we went with what we have. a good friend, who always looks damn good and is free.

the main purpose of the site is compliment buyer cards to retailers. if we were selling direct to consumer im sure it would look different.

and janny, all friends get a discount, but right now, none of those items are in production. they'll be shown in a couple weeks. we have to get orders from stores first. so if you wanted something, its not assured i could get it to you.

thus the reoccuring catch 22 with this shit.

By kazu on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 04:47 pm:

Actually, catalog models generally have some boobage. They aren't very big, but they're there.

I do understand that you are limited, I'm not being cranky, but I wouldn't order a shirt unless I could see if someone with boobs could pull it off. If they aren't designed for people with chests, that's one thing, but I can't tell how they would look on anyone else.

By kazu on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 04:48 pm:

Then again, I can't order many clothing from catalogs because of my chest and everything else, so it really doesn't matter.

By patrick on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 04:55 pm:

catloging to consumers is different than cataloging to retailers.

check out images of last weeks show in this trade rag

http://www.apparelnews.com/Fashion/index.html

check out the models. most are as flat chested as our model.

you have to consider, nico's particular sweaters make her look more flat than she is. also, the girl is 6'2" with no shoes. she's not busty for sure, but proportional i think.

By kazu on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 04:59 pm:

"catloging to consumers is different than cataloging to retailers."

true dat.

i can't tell from the pictures how proportional she is, but I'll take your word for it.

By kazu on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 05:02 pm:

I looked again; she's definitely proportioned correctly.

By kazu on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 05:08 pm:

p.s. the press stuff is neat, especially the first part about eva.

By patrick on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 05:14 pm:

yeah. i like that particular piece she wrote.

By TBone on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 05:15 pm:

My man sandals are Chacos. They're like hiking sandals.

By kazu on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 09:20 pm:

I like those.

I also like designating certain products with "man"

By wisper on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 09:34 pm:

but, no!
    if there's models with boobs, how will i know what it would look like on me: captain boobless?
    I'm happy shes flat-ish.
    ya can't please everybody.

By Lapis on Tuesday, March 2, 2004 - 02:40 am:

Astroturf mansandals? That's a good pedicure alternative.

I like the kimono sweater and the corduroy windbreaker.

and all the color names.

How come we can only see collection seven? What happened to all the older collections?

I think it's neat that youo have a consistant model.

Flipflops (or *gasp* thongs, as I call them) are good for showers, beach and short little neighborhood walks but they're not substantial enough to do much else. I end up having to pick tons of gravel out of the soles after wearing them outside.

By patrick on Tuesday, March 2, 2004 - 01:08 pm:

i dunno. i havent tried to look at the older stuff. i will report it.

By Platypus on Wednesday, March 3, 2004 - 01:07 am:

if only i wasn't on shitty dialup i would be able to see the collections.

but i have liked all of her previous work very much. she has a great eye for design.

By TBone on Wednesday, March 3, 2004 - 11:07 am:

I like the clothes.
    You might talk to your web dude and have him tone down the file sizes if he can.

By sarah on Wednesday, March 3, 2004 - 02:15 pm:

coolness. one of her retailers is 3 blocks from dave's apt. i'm going to go there and ask to see what they got of hers.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact