vox

sorabji.com: Surfwatch: vox
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By agatha on Tuesday, June 5, 2007 - 01:34 am:

Iz nE1 trynit? I kinda dig it, I must confess. I find the limits it imposes on your blogging to be rather comforting, for some reason. I think it might blow blogger and livejournal out of the water eventually.

www.vox.com

By droopy on Tuesday, June 5, 2007 - 02:32 am:

i probably wouldn't be able to figure out how to work it. and everyone would hate me.

By agatha on Tuesday, June 5, 2007 - 03:15 am:

This simply isn't true, droop. You would be able to figure it out, no problem. I would be your "friend" and help you through it all. And, everybody would love you and think you're sexy. Unfortunately, droopy.vox.com is already taken, and the guy has only posted once since October of 2006. Oh, the inhumanity of it all.

By agatha on Wednesday, June 6, 2007 - 12:55 pm:

WELL, that was certainly a fascinating thread. Thanks for trying, droop.

Sheesh, you people. Somebody, bring up some politics or something!

By platypus on Wednesday, June 6, 2007 - 01:44 pm:

So, anyone watch the debate last night?

By sarah on Wednesday, June 6, 2007 - 05:58 pm:

it's not immediately apparent how vox is different from other social networking web sites. except it looks nicer.

and no, didn't watch the debate. i listened to music all last night, needed a TV-free evening.

By sarah on Wednesday, June 6, 2007 - 06:10 pm:

i can't get anything to work. can't join a group. can't change my profile photo. both in firefox and IE.

bah

By moonit on Wednesday, June 6, 2007 - 07:36 pm:

I like bebo.

By agatha on Thursday, June 7, 2007 - 12:28 pm:

Sarah, do you want help? I don't remember it being difficult, so it might not have been working properly at that moment. In my mind, Vox is more blog than social network, although it is a pleasing combination of both. Plus, they give you questions every day in case you can't think of anything to say. It plays really well with flickr. Plus, it's easy to upload music, videos, pictures, and BOOKS. Although I wish they would link to the Library of Congress or maybe some more independent bookstores for their books in addition to Amazon. Another nice thing is that it puts the posts and comments from your "neighborhood" on the front page, so you can see all of the blogs you're following in one spot, kind of like an RSS feed.

I don't know, I just think it's kind of cool.

I looked at bebo the other day, and it kind of scared me. It's too much like myspace. It does have a nice clean looking interface, though.

By agatha on Thursday, June 7, 2007 - 12:29 pm:

PS- I did not watch the debate, although I probably would have if I had remembered it was on. Who kicked who's ass(es)?

By lapis on Thursday, June 7, 2007 - 06:28 pm:

"Another nice thing is that it puts the posts and comments from your "neighborhood" on the front page, so you can see all of the blogs you're following in one spot, kind of like an RSS feed."

like tribe?

a question for you mad, mad bloggers out there.... is there any common web-based blog service other than blogger that allows for group blogging?

By platypus on Friday, June 8, 2007 - 02:52 pm:

Movable Type does, so I assume that TypePad will.

By agatha on Friday, June 8, 2007 - 11:25 pm:

You can create groups on Vox, too, but people still need to sign up for individual accounts in order to access the group feature.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact