atom heart

sorabji.com: What are you listening to?: atom heart
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Chordata on Monday, July 20, 1998 - 10:02 pm:
    my new music find is in the electronica field. it's atom heart, an artist under the rather interesting label. he also users the moniker lassigue bendthaus.

his real name is uwe schmidt, a german-born peruvian who generates amazing experimental music with his mac. it's absolutely gorgeously timed and intricately layered. it makes me feel as if i'm taking an underwater journey.

has anyone else discovered this master of bass?

you can read more about him here.

By Nate on Monday, July 20, 1998 - 11:30 pm:
    atom heart mother.

By Chordata on Tuesday, July 21, 1998 - 01:00 am:
    another rocking album.

By
Fluffy on Friday, November 27, 1998 - 04:58 am:

Hey, I just found out that "lassigue bendthaus" means "Go fuck a hamster" in ancient Tibetan.

PRETTY NEAT, HUH?

By Colby on Friday, July 9, 1999 - 03:23 am:

i have his first record ever

By Drunk waffles on Friday, July 9, 1999 - 03:30 am:

ahh shit, you wann talk about german expoerimental, lemme at it.......howz about Faust? better yet Faust IV????? Can is my fav, Holger Czukay can rip me a new one, love Harmonia? Ever read The Krautrock sampler by Julian Cope???????

Howz abot Klaus Schulze, hey Markus? are ya famililar? or better yet thinking of minimal composers, howz about Tony Conrad, minimalist violinist...he orginally workjed with the Dream Syndicate in the late 60's

By dave. on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 11:32 pm:

i just discovered a new band called aereogramme. reminds me of what sigur ros might have sounded like before they had their testicles removed.

i recommend it.

By dave. on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 01:53 am:

yeah. sigur ros combined with . . . i dunno . . . botch? emo done right at last?

maybe i'll be bored with it by monday.

By patrick on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 12:40 pm:

hmm.

upload some tracks if its no trouble.

im terribly lazy about new music.

By dave. on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 01:39 pm:

By dave. on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 02:01 am:

spider, i also managed to score the notwist "neon golden". is that the one you mentioned? i like it a lot. how can it sound so un-german?

By dave. on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 02:21 am:

sarah, you mentioned stephen malkmus' new album. was it "pig lib" with the jicks? i got a pre-release of that, too. sounds good.

By sarah on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 10:46 am:

yep, pig lib. i love it. he seems to have evolved - his guitar work is quite splended on that album.

By sarah on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 10:47 am:

have any of you guys heard Frou Frou? they're my new favorite of the moment. it might be a bit too british or a bit too electronic for your liking dave, but i bet cyst and spider would like them.

By Spider on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 11:21 am:

No, never heard of them. What are they like? Do they have heavy beats? (My preference.) Male or female vocals?

Dave, I honestly don't know which Notwist album I have. The first song starts with these off-tempo electronic beeps before the song kicks in....does this sound familiar? I'll check the title tonight and let you know.

That Stephen Malkmus album is sounding mighty tempting at the moment...

By sarah on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 11:45 am:

spider, email me your mailing address, i'll pop a copy to you today.

frou frou sometimes has heavy beats - it varies. female vocals.

By patrick on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 11:50 am:

i remarked on frou frou here on the boards not to long ago....i cited her annoying voice...sounding like that dopey chick from the Cranberries who sings in that weird bad-Bjork, yodel-like tone that completely gets under my skin.

i've only heard one song remixed about 10 different ways from frou frou but they cant stop playing her and husband on the radio.

By sarah on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 12:21 pm:

hmmm... i don't agree. i like bjork's music quite a lot, but i'm also not a big fan of the yodeling school of singing. either way, i don't think the girl from frou frou has that kind of singing style at all.

certainly the *music* sounds nothing like either bjork or cranberries.

By patrick on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 12:43 pm:

not, it doesnt, and i dont mind bjork at all.

you don't hear that 'yodeling' mode of singing in that one single they've have been playing for the last few months...you know that da da da da da da..........da da da da da um yeah......da da da da da mmmkay......da da da da da

the daily npr "morning becomes eclectic" show has a tendency to drive songs into the fucking ground, and that one tune was one of them.

By Spider on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 09:50 am:

Sarah, I'll email you my mailing address in a moment. Thanks very much for the offer!

Dave, my Notwist album is indeed 'Neon Golden"!

By dave. on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 10:00 am:

could be if those beeps are like plucked violins. it's kinda cool and also a bit disappointing how much lali puna and ms. john soda sound like this. maybe not so much lali puna.

sarah, i actually like a lot of electronic music, even the british kind, as long as it's not the dancey kind.

i also like bjork but i'm more about bjork: the concept, than i am bjork: the experience. way too alien to be anything but conceptually understood. what movie or tv show was it where someone made a comment about something being like weird on bjork?

By dave. on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 10:03 am:

roger that, spider!

base clear.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact