Jon Spencer...Sex God

sorabji.com: What are you listening to?: Jon Spencer...Sex God
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By CM on Tuesday, March 16, 1999 - 11:29 pm:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Anyone else agree?

By Dave on Wednesday, March 17, 1999 - 01:38 am:

no

By Gee on Wednesday, March 17, 1999 - 05:18 am:

I'm sorry but you must have this Jon Spencer character mixed-up with Callum Keith Rennie. Callum and I ask that you don't let this happen again. Thank you.

By CM on Wednesday, March 17, 1999 - 09:32 am:

Obviously the two of you are unaware of the country's greatest blues singer's potent charms. Just one listen to "Full-Grown Woman" would surely enlighten you. I suggest you look for a few Jon Spencer Blues Explosion websites and let the sound clips work their magic.

Oh, yes.

By Semillama on Wednesday, March 17, 1999 - 11:08 am:

Whoa Whoa whoa!

"country's greatest
    blues singer"???

What about John Lee Hooker, Junior Wells, B.B. King, Ted Hawkins (RIP), Robert Johnson Taj Mahal, etc, etc...

I'm sorry but mr. spencer can't hold a candle to these tru blues masters. Take a listen to Ted Hawkins' "Next Hundred Years" and see.

By Cyst on Wednesday, March 17, 1999 - 01:46 pm:

yeah, but are they tall and skinny with dark straight hair that falls in their pretty eyes?

jon spencer is a very beautiful man, and his wife cristina is a real knockout. she has great tits and wears leather pants well.

his music is ok, their music (boss hog) is ok.

but they have great taste in stationery. the birth announcements for their son were printed at a real press with real ink, not with that shiny laser crap. they must love him very much.

By CM on Wednesday, March 17, 1999 - 07:53 pm:

What is their son's name? I've looked all over, read every interview that mentions his birth, but the baby is never named! Since you're in the know, and obviously have excellent taste, could you fill me in?

Also, I should say he is the self-professed "country's greatest blues singer." He's also collaborated with Andre Williams, who is definitely the country's raunchiest blues singer, which should clue you in on the accuracy of the "Sex God" status he has attained.

By Cyst on Wednesday, March 17, 1999 - 08:09 pm:

jon spencer has the good taste to work with r.l. burnside, who really is a great delta bluesman.

I don't actually care much for the jsbx, boss hog, pussy galore or any of that. but jon's a friend of a friend, and I was over at my friend's house when he received the birth announcement, which had a drawing of a tiny octopus on it.

all I remember is that the first name was something long, traditional and nice - like christopher or alexander or nicholas - and that the boy had jon's last name alone.

I'll ask for you.

from my friend's report of their last portland show, jon says he doesn't like to tour so much anymore, all he wants to do is go home and be with his wife and kid. hope you and all his other fans think good fathers are sexy, or he may have to find a new line of work.

By CM on Wednesday, March 17, 1999 - 08:47 pm:

Hell, yes, good fathers are sexy!

And that man could be a garbage collector and still cause all the ladies to swoon. (And gay men, too, I imagine.)

Oh, and he's a great musician! (That's always important!) I saw him and his band a couple years ago and the concert was honestly a religious experience. Have you ever seen anyone "slain by the spirit" on those televangelist programs on cable access? I know the feeling, baby! Their music just kicked my ass!

Ow!

By Cyst on Wednesday, March 17, 1999 - 10:06 pm:

the spencer kid is named charlie, presumably after charlie ondras, their first drummer, who died of an overdose.

while in utero, young charles was called "gomez."

supposedly.

By Colby on Friday, July 9, 1999 - 03:25 am:

"we don't play blues... we play ROCK 'N ROLL"

-quoted from ACME

By Drunkwaffleboy on Friday, July 9, 1999 - 03:31 am:

".beat ya...like a stepchild......" play the blues..PUNK"

if i had to fuck one guy, it would be Jon Spencer, sorry ...but its' gotta go on record

By Rhiannon on Friday, July 9, 1999 - 10:22 am:

"I NEED LOOOOOVE! I NEED LOOOOOOOOOVE!"

(and from right before that) "I'm gonna treat ya so bad...I'm gonna...treat ya so bad, I'm gonna...TREAT ya so mean!"

I'm with you on this one, Waffles. ;)

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact