Iron Maiden

sorabji.com: What are you listening to?: Iron Maiden
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
semillama on Friday, January 28, 2000 - 05:53 pm:

7th son of a 7th son

I am up to the "I"'s in my attempt to listen to all my discs in alphabetical order, so i listened to all my Iron maiden discs today (only 4). I have this album on tape from when it first came out. i have been considering going back and getting all the albums on disc. I know I shouldn't be spending money but i have been feeling nostalgic lately since starting to go through all my discs. There are some bands you never get tired of listening to. I miss the days when metal was something difficult to play. These guys were (and are) so good, such a pleasure to listen to.

By Rhiannon on Friday, January 28, 2000 - 07:06 pm:

I had that album. I was in a record store with my great-aunt and she said she'd buy me something, and I had always wanted to hear what, um, Maiden sounded like, so I asked her to get me that. I liked the title...I was into superstitions and folk lore at the time. Got it, listened to it once, then gave it to my brother. Brother then became an Iron Maiden and Rush fiend. All because of me. Unfortunately. Rush makes me want to die.

By semillama on Friday, January 28, 2000 - 10:58 pm:

It's because they're Canadian.

*ducks*

Hey, we only tease Canada because we love them, it's like siblings, you know, and we're the bratty, younger sibling that everyone else hates, yet wishes they could be like us at the same time.

By Gee on Saturday, January 29, 2000 - 01:50 am:

I always thought of Canada as the younger sibling.

that's the only thing (I can think of right now) that I dislike about Canada. We have no identity. Americans are jerks, but it's better than nothing.

kisskissloveyou.

By semillama on Saturday, January 29, 2000 - 04:12 am:

No identity! What about being the Hockey-lovin', beer-makin', snow-covered, patient with the US, oddball comedian producin', ever-loving Canucks?

By moonit on Saturday, January 29, 2000 - 04:39 pm:

Did I mention that Jerk is my new favourite word.

Its also incredibly funny to say with an irish accent.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact