Tina Turner - Twenty Four Seven

sorabji.com: What are you listening to?: Tina Turner - Twenty Four Seven
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Jim aka Pajama on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 09:46 am:

My girl Tina is 60. I don't care how much I have to spend, what I have to do, who or what I have to sleep with, to get a ticket to her upcoming tour, supposedly her last.

This album is phenominal. I hope U.S. radio programmers play this album. She's gotten short shrifted here for far too long. The 1st single, "When the Heartache is Over," is pure Tina. And, she's one of the rare artists that releases an album where I like each and every song, and don't skip thru certain tracks.

"Absolutely Nothing's Changed," "Talk to My Heart," "Falling," and the title cut are my favorites. "Without You," is simply brilliant Tina.

My girl had better be coming to D.C.

By R.C. on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 06:00 pm:

I second that emotion! I spent a good 5 yrs. of my adolescence wanting to become an Ikette when I grew up. You can get tkts. online here:

http://www.800tixx.com/turner.html

But so far/the only dates posted are for Europe.

Oohh - y'know what you shd do? Write a really impassioned letter to Rosie O'Donnell begging her to help you get tkts. for the Tina tour! Dazzle her w/all yr Tina knowledge. Talk abt how empty & meaningless yr life has been of late (not that it has/but how wd Rosie know?) & how seeing Tina live wd cheer you up for good. Say you know all her songs & will perform them live w/Rosie on her show if she'll help you. Rosie loves to hook people up w/shit like that.

Hell -- I might even try it myself!

By Gee on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 11:22 pm:

My sister loves Tina Turner. she used to make me go with her to Tina's concerts sometimes. I like the girl alright, but she was always just a little speck cuz we sat waaaaay out on the green. Sis tells me she's coming back to toronto in June (6th?). the tickets go on sale at 10am tomorow morning and she's already planning to wake up, log onto ticketmaster.com and get seats reallyreally close for a change.

By Jim aka Pajama on Saturday, February 5, 2000 - 10:38 am:

R.C. - We think along the same damn wavelengths... scary sometimes... I was already composing a Rosie letter in my head. LOL I saw Ms. Tina when she toured to promote the movie soundtrack. I WILL SEE HER THIS TIME. I WILL!!!

Gee- go with your sis. enjoy it. ENJOY IT!

By J on Monday, February 7, 2000 - 02:34 pm:

The first time I saw the Stones,Ike and Tina opened for them.Wow...she had so much energy,plus she practically fucked the microphone.

By Jim aka Pajama on Monday, February 7, 2000 - 03:26 pm:

I would fuck just about anything to get tickets.

By R.C. on Monday, February 7, 2000 - 06:30 pm:

Go to VH1.com -- they have the U.S. dates up. I dunno why the other site didn't.

By Gee on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 02:11 am:

June 4th - Toronto - 5th row. My sister bought a ticket for my mother as a birthday gift (momma's b-day was today, the 7th) but mumz might have to go to a confrence then. if she does, I'm going to end up going to the concert. Sis tells me it's already sold out. She's Really excited. She's never had such good seats before.

By Jim aka Pajama on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 09:09 am:

R.C. I know the dates. And I hate the "D.C." arena she's picked. 30 miles out in the boonies of Virginia. I will not go there. Not even for Ms. Tina. I might consider Boston though.

By BLAKESNAKE on Thursday, April 6, 2000 - 08:26 am:

My Aunt and uncle went to see her last tour in Greensboro. They said it was great just about the best show they've ever seen. I would have went if they had had another ticket for me to go.

By Roland from Poland on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 10:07 pm:

Check out my web site for music downloads.

By jack on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 12:51 am:

ok.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact