norway

sorabji.com: What are you listening to?: norway
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Z on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 08:28 pm:

Golliters! I LOVE black metal!

I picked up a $3 cd this weekend...on the candelight label (they do death/black/whatever metal, exclusively)...it was a compilation...

and great stuff on it

namely

EMPEROR:

http://www.emperorhorde.com

people might actually like this. kinda classical/metal. fun stuff.

Curse You All Men (live)

some other song i forget the name of

Peccatum:

http://www.peccatum.com

hmm...isahn from emperor, ihriel, and Lord pz from Source of Tide are this band...neat how they all work on so many bands at once, their life is creating music...

The sand was made of mountians
    i love this song. stuck in my head continually

again, i forgot the name of the other song...

Source of Tide:
    http://www.source-of-tide.net

Raven Goddess

The chains of mythic fantasy.

i have no idea why i posted this. it's dumb.

oh well,

people, try some black metal on for size, and while you're at it, see if you can find a cd by Instrumental (they are a string and flute group that does techno...fun!)

tally-ho!

By patrick on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 11:48 am:

ever listen to Budgie?

By Z on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 01:00 pm:

nopiters.

and that WAS a dumb post. i didn't even know what i was talking about. poor me.

right.

By J on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 01:10 pm:

It's all good Z:)

By semillama on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 01:29 pm:

Don't worry Z, I went through a "black metal' phase myself when I was baout your age... listened to Kreator and Sabbat, mostly, and Slayer. Got bored with the incoherent vocals and went back to listening to Iron Maiden and Anthrax.

Speaking of Anthrax, they are in my stack of cds for today's listening pleasure, which includes
    Anthrax-Stomp 442
    De La Soul - 3 feet high and rising
    Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra - Live in Swing City
    Wynton Marsalis- Big train
    Bjork-Homogenic
    Beck-Mutations
    Laurie Anderson-Home of the Brave
    Afro-Cuban All Stars - A Todo Cuba le Gusta
    The Afghan Whigs-1965
    Glade-Bile

By Z on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 05:35 pm:

slayer isn't black metal, dude. think thrash.

sabbat, kreator...well...they're not so much Black metal as death or power metal (i think...but don't count me on that...)
    black metal is different.
    and satisfying.

kinda like industrial, in the sense that it blends different styles of music.

yes.

heh.

i am SUCH a dork.

i got a 0 on a math league test today.

By semillama on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 08:52 am:

I'm talking 1988 here dude. That was black metal back then. You know, Venom and such.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact