put YOUR meaning to these TOOL lyrics-part 2...

sorabji.com: What are you listening to?: put YOUR meaning to these TOOL lyrics-part 2...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By AzhaLagoon on Sunday, January 25, 1998 - 12:36 pm:
    what's coming through is alive---what's holding up is a mirror---but what's singing songs is a snake---it is---looking to turn my piss to wine---they're both totally void of hating---killing me just the same---the snake behind me hisses what my damge could've been---my blood before me begs me---open up my heart again---and i feel this coming over like a storm again---considerately...

By
Jesus on Sunday, February 17, 2002 - 12:47 am:

What is the Tool song 'H'about?

By Fetidbeaver on Sunday, February 17, 2002 - 01:47 am:

Your middle name. You know...Jesus "H" Christ.

By pamela on Sunday, February 17, 2002 - 06:28 pm:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What does the H stand for in Jesus "H" Christ?

By dave. on Sunday, February 17, 2002 - 07:45 pm:

hairy

By semillama on Sunday, February 17, 2002 - 10:31 pm:

I thought it was Hammurabi.

By droopy on Sunday, February 17, 2002 - 11:30 pm:

By pamela on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 07:33 pm:

From jesus.com:

{On her 1997 Sony release titled Spindelsinn, the song "Som Av Meg" is not only a well composed piano piece, but is also the best modern articulation of the traditional northern European fusion of romance and tragedy that acknowledges the existential regret over the needless loss of infinite potential.}

that is one really long sentence... and it leaves me with one thought in my mind... huh?

{I-D Glide is a wonderful water-based, latex-friendly lubricant for people who enjoy the slippery side of life. No matter what your lubrication needs entail, this product will ensure the wet glide that you enjoy. Also available in twelve tasty flavors and sizes up to 72oz for the most devoted lube lover.}

slippery side of life... ha ha ha. I wonder what his favorite flavor is?

{When not speaking to friends in parables about solutions to the emptiness and spiritual death created by modern mainstream society, I speak thoughtfully about diverse topics related to the quest to uncover and share meaning in life. Through honest exploration and confrontation with our thoughts and feelings, we can overcome the pervasive confusion and doubt that threatens to suffocate our hope at every turn.}

I think Jesus is a little too deep for me...

Droopy, how did you find that link? Definitely good for chuckles.

By Penzoil on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 10:41 am:

he was in need of a latex friendly lubricant.

By spunky on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 11:16 am:

By Toplessbeaver on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 12:14 pm:

hehehe! i gotta have one. where did you see it?

what i really want (but don't know where to look) is one of those hats that Prime Minister Hamid Karzai wears. i don't know the spelling but i will type how it sounds...CAR-COO-LEDGE...can anybody help?

By droopy on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 12:27 pm:

i went on a word search for "jesus h. christ" and found jesus.com

i've seen that karzai hat called a karakoli lambskin hat.

By semillama on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 12:28 pm:

I want a hat that says "Jesus thinks you're fat."

It's offensive on multiple levels.

By J on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 01:11 pm:

I liked the God is broke sign myself,I'd like a shirt that says that.

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 07:13 pm:

Harold. Jesus Harold Christ.

LS

By droopy on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 07:21 pm:

our father, who art in heaven
    harold be thy name

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 07:42 pm:

Seriously, it's about gay sex.

LS

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 07:44 pm:

Specifically, men who practice watersports.

LS

By J on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 10:55 am:

Somehow I don't think that means waterskiing.

By LoneStrange on Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 07:56 pm:

Circle gets a square.

LS

By Bling on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 01:19 am:

uhh, its still about heroin

By dave. on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 01:25 am:

bling yourself away.

By Nickolas on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 10:45 pm:

The Song H by Tool is about going back to those who repetivly hurt you. Hence the lyrics

"I am too connected to you to
    Slip away, to fade away.
    Days away I still feel you
    Touching me, changing me,
    And considerately killing me."

By jack on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 12:08 am:

HEY! Have any of you read "The Old Man and The Sea," by Ernest Hemingway?

By dave. on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 01:08 am:

is that the one where you suck off your dad?

By wisper on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 06:05 pm:

that is the worst book ever.

oops.

By Pandoraz on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 06:13 pm:

h is about loosing ur last bit of innocence to someone who you know will leave you stranded but you dont care. love is like h. u know it will hurt you, the best thing to do would be to not do it, but you do it anyways. in that moment you want it and dont care about the future or how much it will fuck you up. for you its love, for the other a fuck...

By Tool on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 11:38 pm:

H stands for Hydrogen, you learn that in science class. Hydrogen makes water, your tear is excess water in your body. the song is about bein hurt, badly. snake=evil, killin=hurtin badly, its really quite simple, talks bout temptin him, bringin him back but then drownin him, hurtin him again, n he cant help but to keep goin back cuz he's in love.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 10:13 am:

It's amazing how this thread springs back to life. 29 posts, five years.

I still want that hat.

By kazu on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 10:21 am:

I want a hat that says "Jesus thinks you're gay"

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact