p-funk

sorabji.com: What are you listening to?: p-funk
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 07:17 pm:

I saw 'em last night. It was fantastic! Probably
    one of the best shows I've seen. George
    himself didn't even come out until about a 1/2
    hour in, and he came out with Bootsy. The
    place just about exploded. They played for
    three hours straight and would have kept
    going til dawn if the venue would have let
    them. I think that at one point there were about
    30 people singing, dancing and playing on
    stage.

I got to hear Maggot Brain live. Michael
    Hampton played it while wearing a big alien
    head. It was mindblowing. It made me wish
    very briefly that I had accepted that acid from
    the six foot eight dancing hippie, although the
    circle of evil yuppies may have made it a bad
    trip.

No one should miss the opportunity to see
    these guys live.

By eri on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 11:05 pm:

Just so that I don't feel stupid, you are talking about George Clinton, right? I would love to be at one of those concerts. I love watching funk bands live. It is funny to people watch there. People drinking beer and trying to get into the music and they keep bopping their heads like chickens until you wonder whether they will drink the beer or just spit in it. Spunky and I used to go to a club called "The Cave" in Kansas City and watch a band called "Sky Bop Fly". Thought the name was funny but the music was great!

By moonit on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 02:13 am:

oooh oooh you're talking about a band I've heard of.

By eri on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 09:06 am:

That is how I felt when I saw this thread!!! Finally a band I have heard!!!!!!

By semillama on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 09:10 am:

where's swine when you need him?

By sarah on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 10:10 am:

they're playing stubb's in austin this friday night and you better bet i got me a pair of tickets. can't wait! especially after reading your comments, sem. whoooo!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact