David Bowie - Heathen

sorabji.com: What are you listening to?: David Bowie - Heathen
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Levan on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 12:36 pm:

i've only listened to a couple songs yet.

it sounds better than the last one so far.

we'll see.

By Levan on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 01:35 pm:

i'm liking it. i don't have all the tracks yet.

nothing ground breaking, but lickable.

By Dougie on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 09:47 pm:

Yeah, it's pretty lickable. Just got it yesterday, and overall, I'm licking it better than his last, which was also pretty lickable. I also got Mark Knopfler's latest, The Ragpicker's Dream, which I highly highly recommend (I love his guitar playing), and Aimee Mann's Lost in Space, also highly recommended.

By Lapis on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 10:26 pm:

I've been wondering about those two. Heathen's nice, but I prefer Outside.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 10:17 am:

outside is definitely my favorite.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 11:29 am:

really? you liked that. i bought Outside when it came out years ago and thought it was a piece of shit.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 11:57 am:

this doesn't suprise me, patty.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 12:09 pm:

i know it doesnt it sugar muffin. but really. i bought with the hopes of diggin it. i wanted to like it.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 12:39 pm:

it's really great. i don't know what your problem is.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 01:23 pm:

its probably been 4 years since i've listened to it. i'll have to dig it out at home and give it another go.

as i recall, i just didnt like the instrumentation.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 02:39 pm:

yeah, brian eno kind of sucks as a producer and shit. i hear where you're coming from.

By Lapis on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 02:49 pm:

Outside was some of the first music I ever bought. Thought it was wonderful while my mother cringed. "Mom, don't you like Bowie?!?"

By Nate on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 02:59 pm:

patrick you're just like lapis's mom.

patrick you're just like lapis's mom.

goddamn beer.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 03:07 pm:

if i was Lapis's mom, i would have sat her down with Hunky Dory, Man Who Sold the World and Ziggy Star Dust first, then invited her to go dig Outside. I would think if you like Outside, the others would blow you away.

By patrick on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 12:46 pm:

so i brought Outside to work this morning.

Like i said its been since I bought it, in 95 that i've heard it.

I remember now, why i don't dig it.

as I said the instrumentation. and also, the whole cyberpunk persona to it is kinda annoying, right down to the artwork on the case.

its now awful, it just seems like a 'coulda been shoulda been' album.

on another musical note, i grabbed a cd i got in 94, working at the record exchange. its a 4AD compilation called All Virgos Are Mad at McCabes and The Troubador Sept 27-Oct 2nd 1994. Those are/were LA clubs. Its a great compilation, they only 10,000. It has Lush, Air Miami, Kendra Smith, Red house Painters, Dead Can Dance, The Wolfgang Press, The Breeders and the Pale Saints on it.

Granted its more neat to me than you.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact