Love Songs

sorabji.com: What are you listening to?: Love Songs
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 03:30 pm:

I am putting a CD together for eri's and my's event today. It is an eclectic mix of country and soft, old and new, and mostly anything that reminds us of us or our dating period. God help me, I am actually crying. I have that sore throat thing going.

10 years.

By kazu on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 03:43 pm:

congratulations!

By spunky on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 04:07 pm:

thank you.

By eri on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 03:28 pm:

I didn't escape without tearing up either. But the sucky part was that after all his work on the music for the reception, we got outside and it got so cold so quickly, with a biting chill wind, so that we did not get to do any dancing at all. No music at all. Unless you count when we sang "Happy Birthday" to my Dad.

But it did get too chilly and too many attitudes were flying around to get everyone in one place. Maybe the fact that they didn't all stay together and all wandered around was a good thing, though. After all, my sister left early!

By sarah on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 11:19 pm:

10 years.

that's great.

do you still have sex? with each other, i mean.

By spunky on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 12:05 am:

of course we do, and it is getting better all the time (I can honestly speak only for myself, but I hope it is getting better for her too).

By eri on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 11:22 am:

Ummm, sex is definitely great, and getting better all of the time. That is so not an issue.

By Nate on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 12:31 pm:

By spunky on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 02:20 pm:

you dont sound so sure of that love..........

By Nate on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 02:24 pm:

are you guys going to have a public argument rooted in insecurities?

just watch the fucking dancing pequeno hombre and enjoy your fucking day.

goddamnit.

By spunky on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 02:38 pm:

That was just damned disturbing, Nate.........

By droopy on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 02:52 pm:

no puedo mirar el video porque soy estupido.

i once translated "pene" in all of the romance languages on the google translator, this is what i got:

portuguese: it suffers
    spanish: penis
    french: bolt
    italian: pains

pene pene pene pene. it suffers penis bolt pains.

i may have switched the italian and portuguese results, but i think that's right.

By Nate on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 03:06 pm:

pene, so true.

i tried to get your name translated into espanol and i got "el hombre que se inclina"

By droopy on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 03:21 pm:

i tried that once, too. "drooping" will get you "el inclinarse", and i think i've posted with that once or twice, but it just never had the sex appeal.

By Nate on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 03:32 pm:

it could be worse.

though, 'inclinarse' does sound ass-related.

call eliot weinberger! we must get to the bottom of this.

By droopy on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 04:07 pm:

i always thought nate sounded testicular.

i didn't notice the -arse ending. maybe because i hear it in spanish in my head. or because i'm not a brit, aussie, or kiwi. quickly glancing over a list of reflexive verbs, i see that "to become quiet" is "callarse".

i'm going to call arse, now.

By eri on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 05:15 pm:

I wasn't unsure baby. I just remember how uncomfortable Patrick used to get at any mention of us having sex. Not sure whether or not to post cuz I didn't want to sick out Patrick.

I'm not a brit or an aussie or kiwi, but the first thing I noticed was the -arse thing.

By spunky on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 07:33 pm:

99% of these threads appear to spiral down into conversations about ass sex.....

Methinks someone has a fetish.

By Nates on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 07:34 pm:

i hope you're not talking about me.

By spunky on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 07:50 pm:

i know better then that, naticus.

By droopy on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 08:31 pm:

i just thought we talking about interlingual heteronyms.

enamorarse: to fall in love

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact