Blast From The Past

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Blast From The Past
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, February 16, 1999 - 08:34 am:

Hardly Oscar Best Picture fare, but it's a cute cute movie. And very funny. Brendan Frasier is great at playing a naive buffoon. Plus it doesn't hurt that he's so damn cute. Same for Alicia Silverstone. And Dave Foley from Newsradio is not so bad either. But Christopher Walken and Cissy Spacek as Brendan's parents steal the show, namely Cissy. She is an absolute panic!!! So get your nuclear fallout gear on and go see this movie!!!

And stay away from the "Mutants from the Valley!"

By Chordata on Tuesday, February 16, 1999 - 04:00 pm:

is it just me, or does alicia silerstone play only one type of individual? i suppose i'm no silverstone talent authority, but is she ever not caked with a shitload of makeup and in a minidress and plotted to have sex with some undesirable-at-the-beginning-of-the-flick guy?

By Nate on Tuesday, February 16, 1999 - 06:39 pm:

boy would i like to fuck her brains out.

By Alicia on Tuesday, February 16, 1999 - 07:14 pm:

Yeah, but the catch is, Nate, that you can't be still-undesirable-at-the-end-of-the-flick.

By Nate on Wednesday, February 17, 1999 - 11:21 am:

WELL THERE ALWAYS HAS TO BE A FUCKING CATCH, DOESN'T THERE.

By Pet on Wednesday, February 17, 1999 - 01:08 pm:

Sissy, Jim. S I S S Y....Siiisssseeeee

(no, not you. Her.)

By R.C. on Wednesday, February 17, 1999 - 08:33 pm:

Good god -- Chris Walken is doing Alicia Silverstone movies? Oh, the horror, the horror!

Somebody please organize a fundraiser for this man! Her must be in trouble w/the IRS. Or on the pipe. Gotta be DESPERATE for hard $$ to be appearing on the same screen w/Miss Clueless.

This is truly TEOTWAWKI...

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, February 18, 1999 - 06:42 am:

Chordata: Akshully, it's the other way around in this movie. :o)>

Pete: ROFLMAO!

Nate: I've heard that same line about you. More than one Sorabjiite has expressed a desire to fuck you silly too. :-)

RC: Um... Walken has virtually NO scenes with Silverbabe til VERY late in the movie, if that helps your troubled mind.

This is REALLY a fun movie.

By PetRock on Thursday, February 18, 1999 - 01:06 pm:

Has anybody seen Rushmore yet? That's one that I would like to catch....

Reviews people? Anything? Anyone?

(oh, and Nate - that was NOT ME who said that about you. I did say that I wanted to BEET you silly, until I realized that I would get my hands all purple and you would end up a vegetable. Assault with a deadly organic produce.)

By R.C. on Thursday, February 18, 1999 - 08:20 pm:

LOL!

By BLAKESNAKE on Thursday, April 6, 2000 - 05:34 am:

This movie was rather interesting at 3:00 in the morning- high as fuck. I rolled my ass of at some of the shit. Overall I would watch it again sometime, it was a decent movie

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact