The Matrix

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: The Matrix
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Margret on Tuesday, April 6, 1999 - 01:40 pm:

Good, surprisingly good. Uhh, lemme just say it this was: Keanu wasn't a liability. 'Cause let's face it, the movie looks pretty cool until you realize it stars Keanu. But he was eyecandy as always, and he didn't do anything to ruin my experience at all, except at one point in the movie he says something like "why is this happening to me?" and I had to restrain myself from yelling out KARMA at the top of my lungs.
    Sigh. Lawrence Fishburn just kicks it so hard, and the effects are spiff.

By Billy on Tuesday, April 6, 1999 - 02:15 pm:

yeah, good movie, excellent fight scenes & fx, and the plot was relatively interesting too (outstanding for such a blockbuster). Thought the bit at the end where he starts narrating was also a bit much. As long as they kept him to emotionless 8 words at a time lines he doesn't get too much in the way

By Gee on Wednesday, April 7, 1999 - 08:49 am:

You oughta try going to see "eXistenZ"which is basically the same kinda thing, only you're spared Keanu and you get the nifty bonus of Callum Keith Rennie.

PLUS..."eXistenZ" is a David Cronenberg film.

By WC on Wednesday, April 7, 1999 - 06:04 pm:

Of course, the last few seconds before the credits roll (I'm Superman!) were kinda cheesy, dontcha think?

wc

By Semillama on Saturday, April 10, 1999 - 05:36 pm:

I just saw this today, and well, I'd like a sequel. I'd like to see more of the world of 2199, and more about Zion and whatnot. I could do without Keanu flying around though.

Still, damn good movie. What a pleasant suprise.

Anybody seen any other Wchowski Bros. movies?
    I've seen the last half of 'Bound" twice, becuase I've always walked into it late. But Damn! That's the most astounding cinematography I have ever seen!

By Margret on Saturday, April 10, 1999 - 08:10 pm:

Bound KICKS ASS!

By Agatha on Saturday, April 10, 1999 - 10:19 pm:

the beginning of bound was super cheesy. up until the fucking scene, i just wanted them to get on with it. it got better after that, though. there were some great camera angles and the color was marvelous.

By Gee on Sunday, April 11, 1999 - 01:53 am:

You people are nuts. I just saw Matrix today too, and good God did it suck frog foot!! I felt like I'd walked into it a half hour late and left a half hour early. Way too much left unexplained. Nothing was defined. It seemed like they were making the freaking thing up as they went along. The freaking traitor didn't even get enough time to really be a traitor!! Hosers. darn freaking Keanu Reeves. What was with all the super slimey "gee, I'm so cool!" black threads and sunglasses stuff? And am I supposed to believe that now that these people know the truth and can basically make or be anything they want, what the choose is the dingy lil' electroinsect infested quote-unquote Real word?? HA! yearite. hosers.

By R.C. on Sunday, April 11, 1999 - 04:45 am:

That's the thing abt sci-fi/computerworld flix. They don't have to make sense if you'er in a world where anything is possible. Which generally leads to sloppy writing/but hey -- that's Hollywood.

I usually avoid Keanu flix like the clap. But I do plan to lay my $$ down for "Matrix"/just to check out Fishburn. (Who really shd have stuck w/Larry. Brothers got no business calling themselves Lawrence in America.)

By Gee on Tuesday, April 13, 1999 - 08:02 am:

I always call him Larry behind his back. shh, don't tell.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, April 14, 1999 - 08:43 am:

What I wanna know, is does Keanue show us his tookus in this flick?

By Margret on Wednesday, April 14, 1999 - 10:45 am:

No tuchus showing. Sorry. Even when I think he's so brain cored that it's a miracle he can ambulate, I still drool. I'm drooling right now.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, April 14, 1999 - 04:20 pm:

*grin*

By Ben on Wednesday, April 14, 1999 - 07:50 pm:

Hey, this movie succeeded on one level when I went to see it...There were several, repeat several moments in the film when the entire audience squealed together in pleasure. I made note of some "yee-haws," "gaddams," and often "woohoos." Its been a while since I've felt an audience so unified sitting around me.

THere were sci-fi dorks in the front row squealing with nerdy delight and some gentlemen who can aptly be described as "hoods" behind me whose commentary, while unrepeatable, hits the nail right on the head. Let's just say the word "mutha" was involved. At the end one of these same guys said, "damn, that was the movie of the century." He wasn't too far off.

By Gee on Thursday, April 15, 1999 - 05:54 am:

I love a rowdy audience! Rowdy in a good way, I mean. Laughing when something funny happens, and sniffling when something sad happens. etc etc. I went to see "The Man in the Iron Mask" Several times, and one of my favorite things about it was noticing the different audience reactions at different theaters at different times of the day/night. It was really fascinating to see how different people would react depending on where I was and what time it was! I always loved it when the audience laughed at Porthos' nekkid butt. [g] Speaking of nekkid butts.

By Semillama on Thursday, April 15, 1999 - 10:40 am:

Clerks was the same way when I saw it. Many times people were saying " I have the same custormer!" or "I know that guy" or "I AM that guy"! Great. Do you remember when people always clapped at the end of a movie? Last movie i saw where people clapped was 'Shakespeare in Love", and that was the first itme in years when I saw that happening.

By Gee on Friday, April 16, 1999 - 03:46 am:

Last time I heard people clap at a movie was my first screening of Man in the Iron Mask, because they screwed it up and everyone got a refund. Interestingly enough, the same thing happened the Last time I saw that movie, only without the refund. darn hoser cheepskate movie theaters!! [shakes fist]

By Edgy Girl on Friday, April 16, 1999 - 03:20 pm:

I went to see The Matrix. The same night I had a dream where computers were not working at all...I was forced to look to the sky and to the ground; I COULD NOT ESCAPE the kiss o life..I woke up ready to face my minimum wage job with ancient eyes. As soon as I saw my boss I started to laugh and laugh and laugh. I was fired from The Matrix... Edgy Girl

By BLAKESNAKE on Friday, April 7, 2000 - 04:15 am:

Unplug me!I want to know the truth.

By Dougie on Friday, April 7, 2000 - 09:45 am:

Clerks was a scream. I rented it several years ago, and then last year, my sister got the bright idea to rent it while we were all visiting my parents at Christmastime -- my parents are not the most liberal of folks, and at 64 and 60, I don't think they fully appreciated the blowjob jokes at the beginning of the movie. Needless to say, they stuck it out for only about 10 minutes before excusing themselves to go to bed. Next year, we'll try Boogie Nights out on them.

By BLAKESNAKE on Tuesday, April 11, 2000 - 03:31 am:

You're not the king of me it's my big dick-I'm ready to fuck. Go on little Bill. You don't do these things donkey dick! They'll love it.

By J on Tuesday, April 11, 2000 - 03:57 am:

And I thought I was crude,you go Snake!!!!!!!!!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact