"Go"

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: "Go"
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, April 29, 1999 - 08:28 am:

I saw this movie with PetRock last night. And by the by, he says "hello."

Anyway, he had free passes to see a preview of "A Midsummers Night Dream." By the time we got to the theater though, all the seats were taken. So, the manager, in an unusually friendly gesture, allowed anyone who did not get in, to see any other movie, on him. Thus, "Go."

Interesting movie. At times, revolting, at times funny as fucking shit, and at times, crotch-stirring.

This is a movie about roughly one day in the lives of a small group of L.A. kids/actors/drug dealers who are all linked kind of like the 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon game.

Not a bad movie, but not a good one either. Kind of just "ok." The two female leads were the best part for me. And the great butt shot from an actor that used to play Josh on As the World Turns. See Josh, as a teenager, raped his cousin Iva. But, as we learned later, Iva wasn't really his cousin cause she was adopted. Anyway, the kid they had, Lilly, was later adopted by the megawealthy Lucinda. And then... oh wait. This is supposed to be about "Go," and not the guy who had the great ass in it.

Heh.

By PetRock on Wednesday, May 19, 1999 - 07:51 pm:

I don't recall telling you to say that I said "Hello".

I would never do that. I prefer to do it myself.

So....

Hello.

(and I don't remember anything in that movie that could be called "crotch-stirring". Crotch-pureeing, maybe, Crotch-tingling, I guess. But "crotch-stirring"? Don't think so. Heh)

By R.C. on Wednesday, May 19, 1999 - 11:40 pm:

Hello yrself, PetRock. Glad ta have ya back!

By Gee on Thursday, May 20, 1999 - 04:42 am:

Sarah Polly is keen. And if I hadn't watched her grow up, I'd think she was one Darn good looking chick!

By PetRock on Thursday, May 20, 1999 - 07:40 am:

Thanks R.C., nice to be back.

Now who are all these strangers in my livingroom?

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, May 20, 1999 - 08:51 am:

Pete... um.. like, I was trying to be like... nice... and um.. cordial...

heh

By R.C. on Friday, May 21, 1999 - 01:09 am:

They're squatters, dear. When you stay away too long/that's the result.

By a grouchy squatter on Friday, May 21, 1999 - 08:45 am:

the squatters might be offended but this one will be gone soon so take heart and return to your incestuous soiree

By Cyst on Friday, May 21, 1999 - 11:36 am:

you don't have to leave. they don't hand you a drink as you walk in, but I haven't seen the old guard kick any interesting folks out yet.

By PetRock on Friday, May 21, 1999 - 08:24 pm:

Ooh..."The Old Guard"!!!

If you lived where I live, that takes on a whole new meaning. I wouldn't mind running into some of those guys....

By R.C. on Friday, May 21, 1999 - 11:06 pm:

?? Do tell!

By PetRock on Tuesday, May 25, 1999 - 08:26 pm:

Ahh, R.C....

The stories I could tell of the Old Guard, who are housed (housed? baracked? quartered?) right down the street from me.

The Old Guard is the unit that performs the military funerals at Arlington National Cemetary and I believe they are also the ones who stand guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers.

They are required to be something like 6'2" and with a waist no bigger than 32" (well, I don't really know the specifics but you get the idea. Tall, lean and mean...heh)

Actually, come to think of it, I DON'T have any stories to tell. *damn*

I, uhhhh....I have to get going now. I have to, uhmmm, go down the street and uhmm, see a guy about a, uhhh...about a uhmm, a car. Yeah! That'll do! A car....yeah, that's it....sure.

By R.C. on Tuesday, May 25, 1999 - 09:29 pm:

Stay Put, PetRock!

Don't you dare go flirting w/those military types! Becuz PJ's not coming to bail you out of... the whoosegow/or wherever it is the military imprisons people for fraternizing w/the Old Guard.

Skip the butch pretty boys. Gay or straight/pretty boys are more trouble than they're worth. Find yrself a nice 40-something Jewish doctor whose got most of his hair & a house on Chesapeake Bay/& settle down for a quiet life of comfort. Good wine w/dinner every nite... Breakfast overlooking the water while you share the Sunday Times.... Summer vacations in Tuscany... Winter ski jaunts in Aspen... Lots of discussions abt books. A peaceful, well- appointed life. With no drama or heartaches.

Do I sound like yr mother? Well/you shd listen to yr mother! Torrid romances are great. But nothing beats a house w/a waterfront view. And a bed to share w/someone who loves you & looks out for you.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, May 26, 1999 - 08:16 am:

Um. So was that the Old Guard we saw last summer during our lunch walk to the Mall, Pete? Cause I could get into some trouble with them too. And R.C., you'd have to get us BOTH out of the whoosegow...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact