Sixth Sense

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Sixth Sense
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Skottey on Tuesday, August 17, 1999 - 12:54 pm:

I was expecting so much and got so little. This movie looked so good in the previews but sucked so terribly bad. If you are reading this and you have not seen the movie, please don't! Don't waste your time with it. It sure was a waste.

By J on Tuesday, August 17, 1999 - 01:17 pm:

Why didn,t you like it?

By Bettey on Wednesday, August 18, 1999 - 11:23 pm:

I was thinking of wasting my money on it. Dissuade me.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, August 18, 1999 - 11:50 pm:

What in God's name didn't you like about it?!

It was wonderful. Namely, fine acting, slow and satisfying character formation, the supernatural elements were treated very realistically and not overdone or made sensational, fine cinematography (and Philadelphia has never looked more beautiful in any other movie I've seen -- though that's a personal bonus, I'm sure), and a neat and satisfying twist at the end that I found very delightful.

While the Blair Witch Project scared me more, this movie involved all of my emotions and attention, and I must say I like the Sixth Sense the better of the two.

Though this is only my individual opinion. There's no way to find out if you like it other than to see it yourself. Spend the money!

By J on Thursday, August 19, 1999 - 05:29 am:

God Rhiannon,your so right on,I don,t know aout your mother,but your my favorite.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, August 19, 1999 - 10:20 am:

Wow, J, what a lovely thing to say.
    I like you a whole lot, too! *hugs*

By NZAngel on Monday, November 1, 1999 - 04:16 am:

I just saw Sixth Sense last night - wow.

That ending just jumps up and gets you when you least expect it. I have to see it again!

I can definitely recommend it. But don't give away the ending!

The local film reviewer said that all though the movie he was thinking, yeah, pretty ordinary, I could do that better. Then the ending just made everything else fall into place, and the other stuff didn't matter, because it all led up to that.

By Dougie on Tuesday, May 30, 2000 - 08:47 am:

I rented it this weekend. For that .001% of you who haven't seen it, I won't comment any further than to say, "manipulative bullshit."

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact