Homicide TV Movie

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Homicide TV Movie
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Margret on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 01:05 pm:

This Sunday, boysngirls.
    I have warned everyone.
    Everyone knows better than to try to reach me.
    Make a date with the cast(s) of Homicide.
    Sunday, 9:00 p.m. (8:00 p.m. central), on NBC.

By Dougie on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 01:20 pm:

Damn, right next to a "To Be Continued" X-Files. Mulder's going to find out that his disappeared sister is actually Scully.

By Markus on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 04:56 pm:

And on the Simpsons at 8/7C, a major character will be killed off.

By Dougie on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 05:03 pm:

Yeah, I know who it's going to be -- wanna know, or do you want to be kept in suspenders?

By Dougie on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 05:09 pm:

Speaking of the Simpsons, did anyone see Sunday's episode with the diving horse? When the owner was going to have the horse put down, he says to the horse, "It's off to the dog food factory for you." And Homer responds, "Good luck getting a horse to eat dog food." That was a Heineken through the nostrils moment for me.

By Patrick on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 05:30 pm:

i can bust the balloon too.......actually we may loose two characters, or at least the voice over person who does two voices is leaving....

By Markus on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 07:03 pm:

Chief Wiggum never fails to entertain. "I'd rather see a thousand guilty men go free, than chase them."

By Patrick on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 07:37 pm:

my fav with him is when they find Bart's prize winning dog who has left and found a new owner with a blind man. The dog soon finds the mary jane, and as the credits roll, you see abunch of cop cars pulling up, cops with six packs, and Wiggum singin along to Bob Marley's Jammin.....

By Markus on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 07:48 pm:

Or he's sitting in his office with his feet up on the desk when the phone rings. "Uh...no...you've got the wrong number. This is nine one.........two." Click.

By Patrick on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 07:51 pm:

or whatever that song is called..

By Patrick on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 07:54 pm:

"...uh chief it seems we have beer can explosion on evergreen terrace...." Wiggum.."uh roger that i am proceeding on foot....."

i think my fav is either disco stu or mo

hell all the characters rock at one point or another.

By Markus on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 08:00 pm:

Or when Sideshow Bob's plane hits the cliff and the townspeople go up to gawk, the Chief says, "Nothing to see here, folks, move it along, nothing to s--OH MY GOD, flaming airplane wreckage! Everybody gather around and take a look at this!"

By Patrick on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 08:11 pm:

yes!!!!!!!!!!!

shit we just need to sit and have a marathon. I have 20+ tapes full of episodes.....you bring the beer....as if a 1 weekly new episode and two daily reruns aren't enough......

By Dougie on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 08:16 pm:

I like the episode when Bart thinks Flanders is killing his wife (a la Rear Window) and he dials the cops and a voice menu comes on, "For regicide, dial 1..."

By Patrick on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 08:23 pm:

or better yet, whenever Homer calls and the hold music is ironically apropos...such as when maggie runs away when marge goes to Rancho Relaxo and when homer calls the cops, they put the hold music on to "....BABY COME BACK.......YOU CAN BLAME IT ALL ON ME....I WAS......."

ok dougie, you can come over too, bring some cheeba and i'll let you in.....

By Dougie on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 08:29 pm:

Or the episode where there bringing King Kong back to New York, and they need a woman (Marge) as bait, and Smithers is trying to convince Burns not to take a woman on the ship: "Women and seamen don't mix."

it's a date, patrick

By Markus on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 08:31 pm:

Bastards cut it to one rerun a day here.

I'll be over with a crate of Black Label Light.

By Dougie on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 08:33 pm:

I get 7:30 and 11:00 reruns. If there was a god, there'd be an all-Simpsons channel, and an all-fishing channel.

By Patrick on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 08:36 pm:

yeah we get 6:30 and 7:30 reurns, but they torture you in the meantime by playing that stupid home improvement crap. how that show did so well never ceases to amaze me.

Black Label? WAHOOOOO!!!

fishing dougie?

how many BHs does it take to find entertainment value in fishing on tv.

By Markus on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 08:42 pm:

It used to be back to back 6 and 6:30, now some other dreck is on at 6. The Simpsons is the only thing I turn the box on for, other than middle of the night insomnia. Bastards at channel 5.

By Dougie on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 08:51 pm:

BHs??? Que es esto? Dude, I could watch those fishing shows they have on on the weekends all day long: largemouth/smallmouth/striped bass, pike, catfish, sailfish, tarpon (except when it's season -- I'm out there doing it myself.)

Used to have back to back Simpsons too but Fox always fucks with the schedule. Now have Drew Carey (uggghhh).

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 09:05 pm:

It's on at 6:30 and 7 now, I think.

By cyst on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 02:19 am:

By Gee on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 02:26 am:

Margret???? Are you seeing this?? They're overshadowing our boys! I've already threatened my quota for the month, I think you need to step in here.

I saw a commercial for the Homicide movie. Is it just me, or does it look like Gee gets shot? If that's the case that means he won't be in it so much! grrr!

and uh, when exactly was JASON PRIESTLY ever a homicide detective??

By Patrick on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 11:50 am:

i don't know what you are talking about regarding Homocide. Is this a new show or something.

dougiefresh....BH=bongus hitus.....

By Dougie on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 12:06 pm:

No bong hits, Patrick. I haven't done that shit in ages, ever since it started making me paranoid. I tried a couple of years ago after not having done for a long time, and I just couldn't remember what I liked about that feeling. Anyways, fishing shows rule in my book.

By Margret on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 12:35 pm:

A NEW SHOW?
    Homicide is...
    OHMYGOD I can't even communicate coherently about it.
    Yeah, it looks like Gee gets shot.
    And when they say all the oldsters will be on, they don't say it's new footage so I am expecting recycled Danny Baldwin. But I am very excited about seeing Melissa Leo again.
    And assistant state's atty Danvers, Zelko Ivanek.
    Do a search for NBC's Homicide Andre Braugher, Waffles. It's a critically acclaimed show set in Baltimore that finally got shitcanned by NBC for not having the ad appeal of its competitors. If someone in my house forgot to tape Homicide in the day, they were persona non grata until they could BORROW A TAPE FROM SOMEONE ELSE.
    It was the best show.
    And I guess you weren't here yet when I confessed to mackin' Kyle Secor at the Fresh Fields before I realized it was him, at which point I fled in star struck horro. Perhaps Markus can help us out with some pointed reference material.

By Patrick on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 12:43 pm:

oh, i am not really THAT interested, now that i think of it, i have heard of it. But with all the shows like, The Law, The Practice, NYPD Blue, Murder One.....blacka blacka blacka blacka, i can't keep up, they all sound the same.....

By Markus on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 12:55 pm:

This one was a little obscure, but always glad to help.....

[ducking behind the bar] You don't know what you just said, boy. Secure hatches and prepare for gale force winds and flying crockery.

By Young jedi pattypat boom boom on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 01:02 pm:

(offering hand to scared markus)

it's ok friend, (performing jedi mind trick) she won't hurt us.

markus "it's ok she won't hurt us"

it's just a tv show (hand motion of jedi mind trick)

markus.."afterall it's just tv show"

Who is Kyle Secor anyway (hand motion)

markus.."yeah, who is that Kyle Secor anyway..?"

you have been a big help markus, thank you. You may return to your seat.

By Margret on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 01:16 pm:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just because you've realized I am a big, ridiculous blow-hard doesn't mean I won't hurt you, Patrick.

In fact, you just upped the ante, you silly bitch.

I will say this: I loved the whole ensemble cast of Homicide for many seasons and even came to accept John Seda and Garety (sp.?). HOWEVER, there has never been a doubt in my mind that Andre Braugher is one of the finest actors ever to grace and media. I love Pacino, and he kicks Pacino's ass.

By Young jedi patty pat boom boom on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 01:25 pm:

you won't hurt me (wafting)

By Markus on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 02:03 pm:

Maybe, but Gee certainly will.

By Margret on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 02:22 pm:

Look, young Jedi YumYum, Jedi mind control doesn't work on Sith Lords. Now waft your scrawny ass out of harm's way.

I didn't want to have to tell you this, but I am your father.

By Patrick on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 02:33 pm:

hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this jedi is insecure enough about his rumpus, I don't need no delta quadrant tv baby tellin me about my scrawny ass.

my ass is beautiful (wafting)!! (kind alike mark's Ws)

By Dougie on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 03:29 pm:

Yeah, I liked that show too. I liked its edgy bleakness. When I first saw it, I was like, why would they put Richard Belzer in this show, or any show for that matter. But Munch ended up being my favorite character. I agree that Andre Braugher is a great actor. Yaphet Kotto had a great role too. Leave it to the programming geniuses at the networks to yank something good and put a gameshow or some such crap in its place.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 03:38 pm:

Wait, Kay's coming back? And I don't have a TV??

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

<ring, ring>

"Hello?"

"Hello, Mom? Remember that little 'fuck you, you ass' message I left for you? I was just kidding. I know. Heh heh heh. Look, I have a favor to ask...."

<click>

By Dougie on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 03:42 pm:

Kay was hot.

By Gee on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 04:20 am:

OH MY GOD. Homicide is NOT just like all the other copcrap shows on the market today! For starters our boys can ACT and the writing is frickin Great!The first episode I ever saw was the one with Robin Williams where his wife got shot and he blew up at Felton. That was so freaking great. Beau Felton always got my goat, he was such a crappy cop.

my family still makes constant remarks about Homicide. When someone fails to refil the ice tray, when there's no coffee, if someone asks for something (like a cheese sandwhich) and doesn't get it. heh heh. man.

I even got a little weepy when Bayliss was complaining about Frank never visiting him. OH MAN! I can't wait to see that reunion!

"The Practice"? "NYPD Blue"? Please. That crap can't hold a candle to our boys. And Margret, I agree with you, Gharty was frickin' annoying at first but I grew to love him for the jerk he was. The only one I could never accept was Ballard.

oh, but I do go on. You should try watching some of the reruns Waffle. I wish you could see the Subway episode. crap, that has to be the best episode ever.

By Margret on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 09:27 am:

I would just like to state for the record that the guy who played Luther Mahoney was terrific as well, and I keep expecting to see him in movies, but I don't. Luther is one of the best written villains ever...some of the confrontations he and Meldrick had are seraphic in their perfection.

By Margret on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 09:38 am:

OK, the actor who portrays Luther Mahoney is named Erik Todd Dellums. He lives in D.C., and is a 1986 graduate of Brown. Please don't stalk him, you guys. P.S. He was also in Dr. Dolittle, and I remember noting it at the time, but now I'm not placing him. I think because every time I see Oliver Platt I get weak and mushy in the brain. Anyway, there yah are.

By Patrick on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 12:09 pm:

"our boys"?

whooooa

By Dougie on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 09:11 pm:

Bayliss was a little whiny for my taste. Anybody know if that Millenium show is still on, now that the apocalypse didn't happen as scheduled?

By Gee on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 01:21 am:

that show was canned last year, Dougie, but Frank Black was on an episode of the X-Files later on. he was in the loony bin. My sister was so excited cuz she loves him.

there are so many Frank's in my family's lives we have to give them little nicknames. Andre is Bald Frank. Lance is Depressed Frank. And the creepy guy across the street is THE Frank.

By Dougie on Friday, February 11, 2000 - 08:55 am:

Yeah, I saw the X-Files with Frank Black. It was a good episode, but I hate when they do those crossover shows, like when the Law & Order guys came to Baltimore for Homicide, or when they had that critic cartoon guy on the Simpsons (even though the Simpsons lampooned itself for doing so.) Something never feels right about it.

I wonder if when the producers first started the Millenium show, they planned not for it to go past 1999.

By Gee on Saturday, February 12, 2000 - 02:32 am:

Oh man. I loved the L&O/Homicide crossovers! If for no other reason than to see Brisco and Munch together! Ha! Old married couple. I can't wait to see them together again next friday with both of the L&O's crossing-over.

By Rhiannon on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 12:21 am:

I don't have a TV, so you have to tell me what happened!

Who died on the Simpsons?

Is Scully Mulder's sister?

What happened on Homicide? Was Kay there?

By Markus on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 12:30 am:

Maude Flanders. At the speedway. With a T-shirt.

By Gee on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 03:11 am:

Heck yeah, Kay was there! I'll tell you what happened.

Gee was running for mayor. His big thing was legallizing drugs. some hoser shot him. Everyone finds out about it and comes rushing back to help.

I was dissapointed in the reuinion of Bayliss and Frank because it was just normal. There was no talk at all about Frank ignoring Bayliss after he quit. what a rip-off.

Gharty is in charge of the unit now. He makes a crappy boss. Gaffney came and chewed him out right in front of Everyone and Gharty just took it. I kinda felt sorry for him.

Bayliss and Frank found the shooter. It was some news camera guy. He was played by the same guy who plays Said on "Oz", which rocked. I've always wanted to see Said in a scene with Frank.

Tim confessed to Frank that he really did kill Ryland (the internet killer, if you don't know) in the last episode of the series. Even though Frank wasn't a cop anymore, Tim asked him to bring him in. It was vauge, but I think he did bring him in. That was a great scene.

The whole gang is sitting around in the bar being happy about finding the shooter. they're all toasts and wotnot. and Brodie walks in and tells them that Gee just died. Kay cried. it was very sad.

luckily it wasn't a really bad death. It was one of those deaths where they show them in the after life. Gee walks into the homicide unit and finds Crosseti and Felton playing cards. Gee joins them and asks who the fourth seat is for, but they don't know (my guess: Bayliss).

that's all the big stuff. The death of Gee was a total shock. I think it was their way of saying "THE END" and I really hope it is the end. Homicide rocks but I don't want to see another movie.

it was good. it wasn't great, but it was good.

By Nate on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 10:44 am:

shit.

i can't believe you all watch tv.

i'm disappointed.

By Nate on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 10:45 am:

shit.

i can't believe you all watch tv.

i'm disappointed.

By Dougie on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 11:12 am:

No, of course Scully is not Mulder's sister. I just posted that to see if anyone was paying attention.

Saw the 2nd hour of Homicide, seemed like they were trying to cram all the characters in for the sake of getting them all a cameo. I did like the Bayliss/Pembleton scene though.

What disappoints you Nate about us watching tv?

By Nate on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 11:29 am:

tv is the modern american pseudo religion. it's disgusting.

i just took most of you to be more intellegent than that.

By Patrick on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 12:15 pm:

tv usuage is not always an indicator of intelligence. thats arrogant of you.

By mistaswine on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 12:15 pm:

oh yeah.

it's far less intellectually stimulating than supporting a bloated psuedo-image by posting meaningless tripe via the internet.

how pedestrian.

By Markus on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 12:49 pm:

I'd have a reply to that, but my favorite show's on right now.

By Nate on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 03:00 pm:

"tv usuage is not always an indicator of intelligence. thats arrogant of you."

then instead i am disappointed that intellegent people are wasting time with such.

arrogance is a positive trait.

By Patrick on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 03:05 pm:

still watching alley mcbeal and that 70s show??

positive trait?

i suppose you could not respond in a more appropriate manner.....

By heather on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 04:14 pm:

i don't have a tv

but i bet i'd watch it if i did

the web is the modern american pseudo religion. it's disgusting.

By droopy on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 04:19 pm:

it is better to watch tv and be thought of as a fool than to post on a message board and remove all doubt.

i need new batteries for my remote control.

By mistaswine on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 05:41 pm:

especially when you keep insisting on spelling the word intelligence "I-N-T-E-L-L-E-G-E-N-C-E".

dork.

By Nate on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 06:04 pm:

bah. back to your coke binge pussy fests, foul serpent.

By Patrick on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 06:21 pm:

i did coke this weekend. My wife brought some back from NY. It's so damn cheap there, and she bought it at a bar with our other pals.....some big burly guy, working the bathroom........it was ok, for her birthday, about 20 or so of our friends got together at this bar, pounded a few, she got some great gifts, then went to Jumbos. We have gotten to the point of receiving hugs and shouts from just about every dancer when we arrive. One of them I intend to photograph real soon. It's a good feeling to be welcomed at a bar like that........a strip bar nonetheless. The dancers are really sweet. One of them gave nico some polished stones out her purse for her birthday. Our cats have taken a liking to them.

I saw a buddy of mine whom i had not seen in a while. he is a some big shot music/video director. It was good to see him because i needed to rib him about his appearance on that show blind date. In case anybody else catches this silly program, he acted like a blatent asshole, took this elementary teacher to take "photographs" (on a first date, you should have seen the look on her face), then took her to dinner, and then finally the other strip club we go to everyso often, Cheetahs, he took her there, and managed to get her up on the stage and she did a dance for him, clothed of course. Nonetheless, he was a total dick, intentionally, and it was about one of the funniest things i have ever seen.

after we went home, it was about 2:30 or so, we pulled out the blow, there wasn't much, added icing on our cake of blur and called it an evening.......ther was no pussy fest that nite, but yesterday.......

By mistaswine on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 06:46 pm:

hey, man.

my snake aint foul.

be careful with the devil's dandruff.

that shit'll kill ya.

"lost my house, lost my wife, lost my job... COCAINE!"

By cyst on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 09:11 pm:

"it is better to watch tv and be thought of as a fool than to post on a message board and remove all doubt."

thank you, droopy. I saved that as a file called "true."

http://theonion.com/onion3604/doesnt_own_television.html

I don't own a tv. but when I see it, I'm fascinated. I also won't let myself install civ or sim city on my computer, and I won't ever bring home ice cream or cheese. I waste enough of my life on sorabji and liquor -- I don't need junk food and tv addiction too.

By Rhiannon on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 09:45 pm:

Did you see the Onion story on the prostitutes'/dentists' convention?

When my mother was a kid in Las Vegas, she babysat for a girl whose mother was always out of town, visiting her dentist. Of course, there was no dentist. Or rather, there were many dentists.

I didn't know this was a common euphemism.

By Isolde on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 11:46 pm:

Yes, I loved it.
    I don't own a TV either. I have never really interacted with one.

By Gee on Tuesday, February 15, 2000 - 01:24 am:

I can't believe no one cares that Gee is dead. My namesake. You heartless bottomfeeders.

By Margret on Tuesday, February 15, 2000 - 09:37 am:

I was out yesterday (Insomnia: 6th day running) and didn't post. I have a couple of things to say, and they aren't all slavishly devoted, so Gee, if yer gonna lambast me let me have it:
    (1) I LIKED it that Baltimore mayor Kurt Schmoke (who DOES support the legalization of drugs as a public health issue) appeared on screen for a moment to give Gee his endorsement.
    (2) I thought Giancarlo Esposito did a fine job as Mike Giardelli, but I thought he got way too much face time.
    (3) Umm, who is Jason Priestley fucking? Seriously?
    (4) I thought Falzone was ok, too little Mikey, too little Stivers, just about enough Ballard...WHY WAS KAY NOT MORE PROMINENT?
    (5) Ok, the big confession scene with Bayliss and Pembleton: I thought it was fabulous, after I got past my frustration...It was the only really good WRITING involved in that movie...Bayliss thought Pembleton could give him absolution...the closest Frank could come was to compromise his own morals...the one thing Tim wouldn't let him do...and doubtless Tim doesn't see it as the open declaration of limited love that it is. I am disappointed to discover that Tim whacked the internet guy because I would have preferred him to go psycho on a case more like the ones he'd been obsessed with.
    (6) Seriously, though, who is Jason Priestley fucking?
    (7) Brodie RAWKS.
    I was pretty irritated with the big swimming pool scene, less so with the poker playing dead cops thing.
    (8) Clark is HOT still.
    Dig it, that's as organized as I can get, except to let you know that my mom kept questioning whether Frank had turned Tim in. So annoying to watch tv with my mom. And I was insistent that he had. And she wanted my evidence. My evidence is that the name, Ryland, moved from red at bottom (unsolvable, no suspect) to blue at top (suspect in custody). Also, Frank said he caught a COUPLE of bad guys while kibbitzing (oddly) with Mike G.

By Gee on Wednesday, February 16, 2000 - 01:45 am:

actually Margret, I agree with pretty much everything you said. I was really happy to see Brodie too. I was wondering if he was gonna be in it.

like I said, it was good but not great.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact