shrek

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: shrek
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By wisper on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 06:54 pm:

and it was good. VERY good.

and it's a tribute to the film that i can still say that, even after seeing it in a theater full of children.
    But worse than them, as always, are the parents, laughing at every mildly adult innuendo like it was genius, and clapping for every scene that was in the commercial, like they haven't seen it already, every night, every 5 minutes.
    "oh my god! that part was just like the Matrix!"
    oh my god, you're breeding?
    Wait till x-mas, my friends, you'll wish you never heard the word "Shrek".

Anyway, it was a great movie. the Info Booth made me squeal. John Lithgow wasn't given nearly enough lines.

But Smashmouth has to die. The soundtrack was insane, pointless. Modern music in an animated fairytale...? Sad that studios now are so desperate to sell soundtrack albums as well.
    And NO, the computer animation didn't look real. It never does. It's problem is it looks too real, more than real, super-real. It lacks the imperfections of actual life and movement. Sure it looks cool, but so cheesy. Final Fantasy won't be any different.

Conclusion: Shrek good, Dreamworks bad! Parents bad!

By semillama on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 07:05 am:

Actually, they tried not to make it look too realistic, if you noticed how cartoony the dragon looked. I beg to differ on Final Fantasy, it looks from the previews that they did a bang-up job with it.

Most of the people in teh movie theater didn't get the jokes I was laughing at, such as teh empty "Disneyland Paris" bit, and no one got the 7 dwarfs in chains or anything like that. Retards.

One of my biggest dissatisfactions with the movie was the French accent on Robin Hood. What's up with that?

By droopy on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 11:27 am:

By Platypus on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 09:36 pm:

Two words:
    Tomb Raider. The previews look VERY neat. Although Nagelina Jolie scares me.

I thought shrek was ok. I hated the sound track, too, but then again, I REALLY hate smashmouth, so that might be why...

By JboxR on Wednesday, May 30, 2001 - 07:17 am:

Yeah... Tomb Raider! I fell in love with that
    game after seeing a demo on a 22-inch flatscreen
    monitor with the heroin doing the breast-stroke -
    camera angle behind and below.

Ni-----ce!

By patrick on Wednesday, May 30, 2001 - 11:26 am:

dammit, despite showering and washing, my hands still smell like the garlic i chopped up last night.

By Gym on Wednesday, May 30, 2001 - 12:13 pm:

Have you tried washing them in lemon juice?

By patrick on Wednesday, May 30, 2001 - 12:38 pm:

yes, at the pizza joint i worked at for the longest while, thats what we had to do.

but i dont have any lemon juice here.

By Jim aka Pajama on Wednesday, May 30, 2001 - 10:53 pm:

hey wait a minute!!! I *loved* the Smashmouth influence!

especially their cover of "Daydream Believer."

I say the gingerbread cookie didn't have nearly enuf lines. to heck with lithgow! LOL

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact