Monsters Inc.

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Monsters Inc.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By wisper on Monday, November 5, 2001 - 03:47 pm:

I am an idiot.

Remeber how i bitched about all the kids in
    the audience when i saw Shrek?
    Well guess who decides to go see Monsters
    Inc on opening day at the first showing which
    happens to be a 4pm? yeah. Moron.
    Walking to the ticket booth, being passed by
    packs of squealing spawn dragging mommy
    by the arm. "oh GOD," i looked at my watch,"
    They all just got out of school!"
    This is why i saw Chicken Run at 1:30am
    when it came out.

Oh shit this movie is good. Better than Shrek
    and better than Toy Story, but not Toy Story 2.
    As good though. I miss John Goodman, he's
    awesome. All the characters were great. I
    even loved the little kid, Boo, but i pointed out
    to the boy the irony of watching the perfect
    child onscreen while being surrounded with
    the reality whines of "mommy! i wanna candy! i
    wanna Sully toy! whaaaaeeaa!"
    yeah.

I was surprised at the number of little kids
    who had to be carried out crying because they
    were scared.

but anyway, the characters were the best
    group i've seen Disney make in a long time.
    Great movie.

By Platypus on Monday, November 5, 2001 - 04:37 pm:

It was excellent, yes. I went late at night to avoid the children...

By J on Tuesday, November 6, 2001 - 12:51 am:

Better than Shreck?

By Hal on Tuesday, November 6, 2001 - 03:06 pm:

Didn't see shrek don't care too, but I've been seeing previews for Monsters Inc. For a while... Guess I'll have to go tonight and watch it... I'll catch the late show as to see it when there isn't a horde of little bastards everywhere.

By semillama on Tuesday, November 6, 2001 - 07:13 pm:

Why do you miss John Goodman? Where did he go?

By Platypus on Tuesday, November 6, 2001 - 10:22 pm:

Much, much, much better, not least because it didn't have Smashmouth in it.

By wisper on Wednesday, November 7, 2001 - 05:04 pm:

yes better than Shrek. Smashmouth bad!

John Goodman's been missed in my heart since Rosanne left the air. And his own short-lived sitcom sucked pretty bad. But i love that guy, he's so like my dad i want to hug him. He hosted SNL last week but they didn't do the "Bill Bradski" skit, damn it makes me laugh just thinking about it ;)

By patrick on Wednesday, November 7, 2001 - 05:34 pm:

you guys actually like, went to see this?

i dont understand why any grown adult sees a Disney flic, unless accompanying a child.

By Dougie on Wednesday, November 7, 2001 - 05:50 pm:

I want there to be a Simpson's movie!

By patrick on Wednesday, November 7, 2001 - 05:58 pm:

NO!

There hasnt been one in nearly 15 years and they are still going strong. Movies made from TV successes tend to ruin a good thing. Look at every god damn spun-from-Saturday-Night-Live movie.

By Dougie on Wednesday, November 7, 2001 - 06:11 pm:

Star Treks, X-Files, Beavis & Butthead. I don't think the movies hurt the shows or vice versa. Yeah, SNL movies are crap, but I'm sure a Simpson's movie wouldn't be. Anyways, I think the Simpsons only has one or two more seasons in it.

By Spider on Thursday, November 8, 2001 - 08:33 am:

Patrick, lighten up.

Everybody -- watch the Tick tonight!

By patrick on Thursday, November 8, 2001 - 12:18 pm:

well dougie why do you think they haven't made a simpsons movie? surely they idea has been tossed around. surely studios have offered. Beavis and Butthead isnt on anymore is it? The X-Files movie was bad. I think the Simpsons could go on for another 5 years easy.

i was/am perfectly light spider, freak.

By Dougie on Thursday, November 8, 2001 - 12:56 pm:

I don't know, Patrick -- you're the Hollywood dude, maybe you can find out for us.

Maybe they've been writing this sucker for the past 12 years -- maybe they're making the biggest, bestest, fuckoffingest movie anyone's ever seen, and they're just now in the stages of perfecting it, making sure everything's right for a very discerning American movie-going public.

By patrick on Thursday, November 8, 2001 - 01:04 pm:

im speculating that they didnt feel the need to make a movie....because movies do tend to kill the popularity of a tv show, especially if it doesnt live up to expectations. From a Hollywood standpoint, the odds are against them at it being a success, why risk it?

Groening et al are best at making 1/2 hour long stories...not a movie. Same with Southpark....the movie sucked because it was like 3-4 episodes tacked together by musicals, and they didnt even have everyone's favorite characters sing. That show definitely slid off the radar a bit after their movie.

i havent heard anything about a simpsons movie...I don't think there ever will be one and i think they are smart for that.

By droopy on Thursday, November 8, 2001 - 01:13 pm:

By patrick on Thursday, November 8, 2001 - 01:38 pm:

well at least they are waiting until after the tv series, thats wise and that kinda supports my point i think.

By Dougie on Thursday, November 8, 2001 - 01:57 pm:

WOOHOO!

By wisper on Friday, November 9, 2001 - 02:29 pm:

oh good god no. That's horrible.

That show died 3 years ago. When they started resorting extreme violence, shocks, and making every..... single.... plot.... revolve....around .....Homer......

Yeah, i may be the last one you expect to hear this from, but i want that show shut down asap. It's a dead fucking horse. I watch the new ones maybe once a month now, if ever. It's like watching a beloved relative slowly and painfully die. It hurts me. All you need to do is watch the Mr.Plow episode (best episode, ever) to remind yourself how un-funny it's become. I can go on and on.

and the actuall drawing has gone to shit too.

They should focus on bringing up Futurama right now, i says. I like that kid, he's got potential.

By dave. on Friday, November 9, 2001 - 03:17 pm:

i agree. the simpson's has been comedically bankrupt for years. i thought they were at their peak during the "greased scotsman" season, whenever that was.

By patrick on Friday, November 9, 2001 - 03:46 pm:

i couldnt disagree with you guys more.

futurerama is so unfunny. thats should be left alone.

the halloween episode was fucking hilarious the other night.

it has its ups and downs but still cranks out a good episode every now and then.

By dave. on Friday, November 9, 2001 - 04:37 pm:

futurama is totally stupid.

By Dougie on Friday, November 9, 2001 - 05:08 pm:

I'll grudgingly agree that the Simpsons has gone downhill in terms of humor the past couple of years, but it's still one of the best shows on the idiot box. I don't mind that the shows all revolve around Homer. I love Homer. When they're done with the Simpsons, I hope they spin off a show called "Homer". I'm modelling my life after Homer.

Futurama? Sat through it once. Never again.

By patrick on Friday, November 9, 2001 - 05:24 pm:

shit the Fall are playing next week and I dont have $46 bucks to go see them. dammit

im trying to win spiritualized tickets right now...wait...oops....i lost.

damn man.

so many good shows ive missed will will miss.

brmc-last week
    built to spill this week.
    spriritualized
    the fall

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, November 10, 2001 - 12:38 am:

Shit I'm older than all of you and last night I watched Shrek (not bad) and today I caught Monsters Inc (not bad). What I am NOT ready for is the remake of Peter Pan with Wendy's daughter o my gawd.

I dunno. I like a laugh once in a while and shrek had a good point to it all, definitely an adult movie, and full of allusions, like Monster's use of the Matrix...good ones and not corny too.

Best scenes in shrek were the ?outtakes at the end, which I presume were the cutting room floor tidbits that were funny as hell.

Probably would have helped being under the influence of something for both of them...but I was accompanying my inner child there.

Hey anybody hear about Pampers.com...and Pampers perks? What'lltheythinkofnext?

By TBone on Saturday, November 17, 2001 - 11:24 pm:

I really enjoyed Monsters, Inc a lot. A lot. I ended up seeing it three times in the theater. I didn't pay the first time though. The guy let us in for free because me spaced the fact that they won't take checks.

The first was the best because it was late on a weeknight and there weren't any kids. The second time was shrieking kids running through the aisles.

By wisper on Thursday, January 3, 2002 - 03:56 am:

Tonight i saw the re-release of Beauty & the Beast in IMAX (holy shit!!!!!!)
    Anyway, while waiting in line for french fries these three teenagers quickly walk past me carrying a giant blue and purple furry arm. It was one of Sully's arms from the big Monsters Inc display of Mike and Sully that every thearter i've been in for the past 3 months has standing in it's lobby. I laughed for hours after that. They were working on getting it off for some time, and security didn't even notice. Thinking back, i should have just made off with the Mike figure. Turn it into a lamp or something.

In other news, the Imax Beauty & the Beast was awesome. I've seen it a million times and it still gives me goosebumps. The new song was cheese thought. And blowing up the picture that big really made the flaws in the animation obvious, but i thought that was fascinating.

fuck, i should have bought that arm off those kids.

By eri on Thursday, January 3, 2002 - 03:10 pm:

We took Hayley to see Monster's Inc. but we left Micki with a babysitter, she just won't sit still. I choose not to be a part of the screaming kids running down the isle factor. Sometimes it is nice to sit back and watch your kids be well behaved when the others are acting like annoying little shits. Makes me feel good about my parenting skills, or at least like I don't totally suck.

The movie was cute. I liked it a lot. The little girl reminded me of Micki so much it wasn't funny and the fact that they called her "Boo" (Hayley's nickname) just kinda finished it off.

By Nate on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 02:41 am:

tbone trying to buy a movie ticket with a check.

i may be drunk, but i knows funny.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact