Jeepers Creepers

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Jeepers Creepers
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 11:03 am:

By dave. on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 11:18 am:

what were you thinking?

By spunky on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 11:36 am:

The trailers were very promising, but good god.

By dave. on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 12:16 pm:

dude. it's called "jeepers creepers". hello?

By Nate on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 12:46 pm:

i thought it was ok up until the point where the baddie grew wings.

By droopy on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 01:51 pm:

first i've heard of this movie. funny - any movie with eileen brennan in it is usually guaranteed to be great.

By Christopher on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 04:29 pm:

By eri on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 06:10 pm:

Eileen Brennan didn't play the monster. She usually is funny as hell in anything she is in, and she would have had a good role if she hadn't been trying to talk and cry while she is dying. Just jacked up. And the ending, jeez. I love horror movies, but usually to good guy lives in the end, at least one of them. This one, they take the good guy and you hear him screaming and then you see him with his head emptied out and his eyeballs gone. Give me a break. Evil wins? Ugh. I hate shitty endings. Maybe more realistic, but damn, it sucked. DON'T THEY KNOW THE RULES????????? The virgin always lives! Of course, if they had never gone to investigate the dead bodies, nothing would have happened. I guess the stupid outweighed the virgin factor in this one. It just sucked. But it was good until the fuckwad grew wings.

By patrick on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 12:38 pm:

we watched Training Day and Novacain yesterday. Bother were faily good. Training Day was great in the beginning but kinded had a typical ending.

Horror is a pretty dead-end genre as we are no longer scared of anything. The blew their load years ago. They make mockeries of movies that are supposed to scare us these days.

By spunky on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 01:27 pm:

Horror movies are still scary. I want to see Insomnia so badly I cannot stand it. Robin Williams as the evil doer? Al Pachino as the good guy? Those two things alone make it a must see.
    Gore (slasher) movies are getting old, ie: Scream, (first one was fresh, but after that, predictable), I Know Who You Did Last Summer, Urban Legend, etc etc.
    Jeepers Creepers comes under a different category:
    Unnatural Creature Movies. This would include the Alien saga, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Dracula, Frankenstine, anything with Bette Midler, etc etc.

One of the things I did enjoy in Creepers: The Truck (bEatingU). Damn, that nasty thing was right out of The Duel.

Anyways.
    If you like a good scare, let me make a suggestion, play Silent Hill on Play Station.
    Movies do not typically scare me anymore.

But this one scared me shitless

By eri on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 01:55 pm:

When you first saw the bumper sticker you thought it meant "Beating You" but you later discovered it meant "Be Eating You". That truck was cool in a badass, fucked up way. I like what went into the movie, thought, the imaging and thought and work.

By semillama on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 02:04 pm:

Insomnia was really good. I saw it Friday.
    Elizabeth said it was the best portrayl of
    insomnia she's ever seen, and she should
    know.

Once you get over the "hey, it's robin williams"
    thing that you will inevitably experience, you'll
    notice he did a real good job of being creepy.

I give it a high recommendation.

By eri on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 08:45 pm:

I look forward to it. It sounds good. Then again, I love horror and look forward to the role reversal of Robin Williams and Al Pacino. I like Stephen King books. Glad to hear it is good.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact