In The Bedroom

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: In The Bedroom
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 05:46 pm:

I know its a bit late.....but its out on video.

I see why it was nominated on 5 counts for best picture, actor, support etc.

Its damn good. It had a lasting effect on me well after the tape had rewound. Its haunting. It truly gives you the feeling that your eaves dropping.

Sissy Spacek is one of my favorite actors and this flic is no less than a perfect example as to why.

By Spider on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 08:43 am:

I may have said this before, but my favorite scene in that movie is the one in which you see Sissy Spacek up late at night, staring at the TV and smoking. At that moment, her grief hits you in the stomach.

By Spider on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 10:20 am:

BTW, not to kill the tone of the thread or anything, but I recently had a rather *cough* interesting dream about Tom Wilkinson, who played the father. We were in an art museum, and he kissed me, and, um...

I was not at all grossed out, just so you know.

By patrick on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 11:53 am:

yes. we know. you like much much older men.

By Spider on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 12:33 pm:

I think he's especially nice.

Did the movie win any awards? I haven't followed the Oscars or Emmys for a few years.

Did Lord of the Rings win anything good?

By patrick on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 12:47 pm:

*shrug*

By Spider on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 01:44 pm:

Useless.

By patrick on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 01:56 pm:

By Roger Ebert on Tuesday, October 1, 2002 - 12:43 pm:

I hear the sequel's going to be called "In The Bathroom". Tom Wilkinson loses Sissy Spacek, and he spends the entire movie in the can.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact