Men at Work

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Men at Work
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nelly on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 07:58 pm:

I didn't know what I was watching and was going to give y'all a guessing game on this, but the plot was so stupid when I was typing it that I couldn't do it to you, so I found it on IMDB (very good search interface, unlike some websites we know)

What amazes me is all these people giving it 10 stars in the IMDB user comments. 'Course, maybe I missed something, since I just watched about 20 minutes of it in an airport greasy spoon, with captions no sound, while waiting for a delayed flight. I think I saw most of the the beginning, with the pellet gun episode, the discovery of the corpse in the yellow barrel, the incident with the well-dressed "drunk" corpse being interrogated by the cop, and that was about when I left it. Maybe I'll catch the end in some other airport or hotel room. And maybe I'll be in a state where it will be the true laff fest for me that it intends to be. Strange things can happen. But if this piques your interest, by all means, rent it.

By V on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 12:39 pm:

Nelly,well your a young male punk that posts as a girl.and you have a stupid little beard,and I know you like far off places,try a Columbian drug trail,meet the donkeys,meet the cocain runners,get shot in the head.

By Nelly byeeee on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 09:54 pm:

shoot, looks like i have to get another identity, since this one seems to have been taken/mis-taken. what a pain in the keester, keeping up with all these aliases. no fun for anyone, even V i suspect is just spewing this invective pro forma for some mysterious reason

By agatha on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 10:57 pm:

Nelly, you know we love you! Did you graduate yet?

By Nelly on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 11:17 pm:

sure did. you?

By agatha on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 09:46 pm:

NO. In May, if I don't die first.

By Nelly on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 11:20 pm:

hang in there, you're almost there. it will feel so good when it stops.

By V on Friday, January 27, 2006 - 12:06 am:

Nelly,how come you post as a Girl? And whats with that tiny insignificant excuse for a beard I saw on your home page? is that the Charlie Manson look? (sigh) you must indeed be ready for another name change....tell you what Nelly,as a troll,your shit.,like your teacher used to write in your report, "must try harder"...and Nelly,dont give me any more bullshit about your fucking abortion.

By agatha on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 09:14 pm:

Whaddevah. NELLY, I'm worried about the job scene! It's semi-slim pickins around these parts. I haven't seen Men at Work, so I can't comment, but I am not particularly fond of the band by the same name. I just got back from Collection Development, and decided that collection development is scary yet exciting to think about.

By Nelly on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 11:09 pm:

I just have one word for you Agatha. Metadata.

By agatha on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 09:34 pm:

Yep, getting pretty durn tired of that term. Indeed! Also: paradigm.

By V on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 06:15 pm:

paradigm:1,the set of all the inflected forms of a word,2, a pattern or model...just to save you looking it up,Nelly.

By V on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 06:40 pm:

Nelly,drat,lost your awesome web site,can you post it again?...you know,the yellow bit.I need to do some posting.

By V on Wednesday, February 1, 2006 - 06:39 pm:

..dont be shy.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact