Eyes Wide Shut --- the reason Kubrick died!!!

sorabji.com: Worst movie you ever saw: Eyes Wide Shut --- the reason Kubrick died!!!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Q on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 01:56 pm:

This is my ultimate bad movie pick....Terrible acting by Nichole Kidman and Tom Cruise and terrible screenplay. I'm still confused about what the movie was about...It was utterly retarded. I got a headache and almost killed the people in my row in my desperate attempt to escape this miserable movie....I can see why Kubrick died before completing this movie.....The utter disappointment of it killed him. I give it 20 thumbs, toes, and fingers down. Burn the freaking movie!!!!!!!

By patrick on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 01:05 pm:

for once I would like to openly and honestly criticize and thoroughly judge someone based on their opinions.

You are a feeble minded ass, unable to recognize beauty. Im sorry you failed to see this in this particular movie. This movie was complete and total Kubrick. The set work, the camera work and the overall look of the film was classic Kubrick. Kidman gave one of the best acting performances of her life. Maybe you should stick to Chevy Chase and Martin Lawrence flicks.

eat a dick

By Huhuhuhuhaaaaaaaaha on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 05:02 pm:

Kidman +Cruise are shit

By Strangelove on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 09:57 pm:

What else did you expect from a homo like cruise and an australian hooker like kidman?

Kubrick was the most over rated film geek ever. Who ever paid money to watch his films? Who ever stayed awake during anyone of his moview?

The reason he died by the way was one no one will ever talk about. Kubrick was in exile from the states because of his communist sympathies. He was working on a private film about the activities of drug companies testing LSD on U.S. troops in the 1960's. Two days after he received a legal delegation from the government he died!

This is officially denied by all concerned because they are too afraid to talk. There is no autopsy report available to the public in england - it is supposed to have been "lost".

His own doctor was not allowed to examine the corpse and the ambulance paramedics who arrived at the scene were driving an american army ambulance!

Explain that away.

By KubrickFan on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 02:36 am:

Hey listen,

Eyes Wide Shut was not a complete Kubrick movie. He died during the filming of it.

I found the beginning, the part where Cruise is flirting with the two ladies and Nicole is getting seduced...riveting and powerful. Extremely well done.

The scene where Nicole smokes pot and freaks, loved it. Music? Loved it.

The scene at the costume store? Loved it.

The party at the end...truly bizarre...but i don't think the finished product quite said what kubrick wanted to say.

I wonder what the cut footage looked like. I wonder what that movie been about had Kubrick finished it.

Does ANYONE know how he died? Did they do an autopsy?

I just read that he had a wife and three daughters? Were they living with him when he died? That was the first i've heard of them. Kubrick always took me as a loner.

By wisper on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 02:52 pm:

Google- fucking learn it!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000040/bio

His death is no secret, he died of a heart attack in his sleep. He was married 3 times, and his kids were all born in the 50's, so i'm guessing no, since they were all at least 30 at the time they probably were not living with him.

Furthermore, Eyes Wide Shut WAS FINISHED shooting when he died. He had already finished editing it as well, and had just turned in his final cut.
    So other than maybe a few music cues, the movie is exactly as he wanted. And glorious.

thank you so much for stopping by.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact