James Dean: Greatest Actor Of All Time

sorabji.com: Best movie you ever saw: James Dean: Greatest Actor Of All Time
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Chosen One on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 10:02 pm:

Do we have any DEANERS online!?eh Remember, there was no one else like him. Not before, not since!! No other star had so sudden an impact on Hollywood and the world. CLARK GABLE made 67 movies, HUMPHREY BOGART made 80, GARY COOPER made 92. JAMES DEAN made three films: EAST OF EDEN, REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE and GIANT. His celluloid career lasted a brief 16 months, yet his fame rivals that of the greats. In the end, DEAN is the MUTANT KING!! DEAN has influenced everyone from fellow actors (AL PACINO, MARTIN SHEEN, LEO DICAPRIO) to musicians (MEAT LOAF, BOB DYLAN, DAVID BOWIE). His image can be seen on posters, t-shirts, 32 cent U.S. POSTAL STAMPS, mugs, etc, etc. His legend has been honored in hordes of rock 'n' roll songs. From "JAMES DEAN" by THE EAGLES to "JACK & DIANE" (..scratches his head, does his best JAMES DEAN..") by JOHN MELLENCAMP. Incidentally, be sure to catch the upcoming feature film bio, "James Dean: An Invented Life." Slated for release in AUGUST of this year. JAMES FRANCO (Freaks & Geeks) will star as DEAN. It's directed by MARK RYDELL (On Golden Pond), and produced by MICHAEL MANN (Miami Vice, The Insider) and WARNER BROS. The film is sure to be a treat for his fans.

By Antigone on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 10:13 pm:

spam

By Antigone on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 10:18 pm:

Do we have any SPAMERS online!?eh Remember, there was no one else like him. Not before, not since!! No other star had so sudden an impact on Hollywood and the world. CLARK SPAM made 67 movies, SPAM BOGART made 80, GARY SPAM made 92. SPAM made three films: EAST OF SPAM, SPAM WITHOUT A SPAM and SPAM. His celluloid career lasted a brief 16 months, yet his fame rivals that of the greats. In the end, SPAM is the SPAM KING!! SPAM has influenced everyone from fellow actors (AL SPAM, SPAM SHEEN, LEO DISPAM) to musicians (MEAT (SPAM) LOAF, BOB SPAM, SPAM BOWIE). His image can be seen on posters, t-shirts, 32 cent U.S. POSTAL SPAM, mugs, etc, etc. His legend has been honored in hordes of rock 'n' roll songs. From "JAMES DEAN" by THE SPAM to "JACK & SPAM" (..scratches his head, does his best SPAM..") by JOHN MELLENSPAM. Incidentally, be sure to catch the upcoming feature film bio, "James Dean: An Invented Life." Slated for release in SALTY MEAT BYPRODUCT of this year. SPAM SPAM (Freaks & Geeks) will star as SPAM. It's directed by SPAM SPAM (On Golden Pond), and produced by MICHAEL SPAM (Miami Vice, The Insider, and HEAT YOU FUCKING SPAMMER!) and SPAM BROS. The film is sure to be a treat for his fans.

By Spammy haggar on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 02:20 am:

By Chosen One on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 05:00 pm:

Antigone,

You're not too "gone" and obsessed with me, eh!?eheh Spam is posting a legitimate post on my favorite actor!? OK....

By Dougie on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 05:18 pm:

C.O., I'd really like to hear about you -- we've already heard aplenty your thoughts on your superior semite brethren. Give us a short cv of yourself if you'd be so kind -- what you do, where you live, etc. Muchas gracias in advance.

By J. not J on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 05:18 pm:

weak, as usual.

By Pug on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 05:40 pm:

The Goo Goo Dolls did a really funny song about James Dean---this was early on, before anyone knew who they were---they were actually a really good band at the time....

By Chosen One on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 06:33 pm:

Did you GUYS know that you can put a CIRCUMSIZED COCK in your own ASSHOLE!?eheheheheheh! Late at night, when I'm through ANNOYING people, I realize how LONELY I am and see what I can do to SERVICE myself!eheheheh!

Thank JAWA I'm a JEW!!eheheh! Otherwise, I'd have NOTHING to live for!!

By Chosen One on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 07:00 pm:

OY VAY IZ MIR!eheh As you may have surmised, I seem to have attracted my own little deranged impersonator!eheh Yes, Mr. impersonator, you really fooled everyone!! LOL!!

Pug,

There are hordes of Dean homages:

"Ridin' With James Dean" - Joan Jett
    "Rock On" -David Essex
    "A Young Man Is Gone" - Beach Boys
    "Rebel, Rebel" - David Bowie
    "James Dean & The Junk Man" -Hoyt Axton
    "James Dean" - Bonnie Tyler
    "Could've Been James Dean" -Evan & Jaron (Orthodox Jews!!)
    "Jimmy, Jimmy" - Madonna
    "Head Knocker" - Foreigner (mention only..."57 chevy..walks with a stoop..swears James Dean isn't dead..."
    "We Didn't Start The Fire" - Billy Joel (mention only...Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winning team.."
    "Cleveland Rocks" - Ian Hunter (Mott The Hoople fame), mention only..."all the gene genies and moody james deanies.."
    "Vogue" - Madonna (mention only..."Marlon Brando, Jimmy Dean, on the cover of a magazine.."
    "Use It Or Lose It" - Motley Crue (mention only.."you know James Dean wasn't playing the role...")
    "Hound Dog Man" - Roy Orbison (mention only..."sometimes I think about James Dean, Sammy Cooke & my teenage dream..hey hound dog man, where ya been my ole friend?.." Referring to ELVIS of course!!

Dougie,

You want the 411 rundown on the Chosen One!?eheh As with any great artiste' (heh), the key is never to divulge the magic and secret of thy inner self!eeheh

By Nate on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 07:11 pm:

i'd call you more of an encyclopedia jewannica than an artiste'.LOL!!

By patrick the half jew on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 07:25 pm:

DOH!!!!!!1

By Nate on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 07:30 pm:

LOL!!!!

By pez on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 03:01 am:

i like buddy holly much better than james dean. sure, different medias, but buddy holly had talent.

By Pug on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 10:21 am:

When asked if he was gay, James Dean said, "well, I'm not walking around with one hand tied behind my back..." That does take a modicum of cojones, especially for the time....
    You can't put a circumcized cock in your own asshole. Believe me, I've tried.
    Jews? Jawas?

By Dougie on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 10:22 am:

C.O., I'm not asking you to divulge any secrets that make you an artiste. Merely telling us what kind of artiste you are will suffice.

By J on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 11:05 am:

He's already told us Dougie,he's a I fuck myself in my own ass artiste.LMAO!!

By Chosen One on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 03:03 pm:

Pug,

You know your DEAN, eh!?!eh Yes, as with any great artist, the key to creativy has always been experimentation! DEAN, MONTGOMERY CLIFT, even BRANDO, have all reportedly been linked to homosexual affairs. Another famous Dean quote, "I have Monty Clift in one hand saying, "Help me", and Brando in the other hand saying, "F*ck you!" eheheheeee Were you aware that ELVIS cited DEAN as one of his biggest influences!? Unfortunately, ELVIS pished away his acting talent on mindless musical comedies.

By J on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 03:10 pm:

That wasn't Elvis's fault.

By Pug on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 04:49 pm:

I think that Jim Backus was the pull of "Rebel w/o a Cause"....nothing cracks me up more than Thurston Howell running around w/an apron yelling, "it's OKAY, Jim! Sit down with me----we'll make a list!"

By Chosen One on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 05:29 pm:

Pug,

Mr. Magoo (his other famous character) gave a brilliant performance as Jimmy's father! One of the quintessential scenes of the film is when Dean confronts Backus and throws him over a chair! ..."You're not listening to me....STAND UP!" eheh REBEL was the first film that acquainted me with his genius. From that moment (mid '80s) I became hooked. In other words, a DEAN OF DEANOBILIA!heehhee I have hordes of posters, t-shirts, documentaries, etc. In the end, Dean was pure gold in all three films. Do the math: 16 month career, nominated for best actor in two films, dies before REBEL & GIANT are released, and becomes an eternal icon for generations. His merchandising and image is still up there with ELVIS & MONROE!! Yet, his career lasted a brief 16 months!! He remains an enigma in Hollywood!! His genius continues to be dissected by authors, filmmakers, actors, etc. Why else is TNT & WARNER BROS. releasing a new feature bio come august!? Because legends never die, they simply get better with age!eh

By Chosen One on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 05:36 pm:

J,

FYI: The correct term for SHTUPPING onself is, "AUTOPEDERASTY." eheehe Since I am hung like a horse, I believe I could insert my shmeckle into my tushy. Unfortunately, ejaculation is an impossibility!!!ehehehe Being very anal for a hetero, I do stimulate my tuchis & perineum when I masturbate!!eh

By Pug on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 05:48 pm:

I appreciate this level of candor.

By Dougie on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 06:05 pm:

I don't, too much info for me. He probably yanks his shmeckle while stimulating his tuchis & perineum to his James Dean posters.

By Rhiannon on Friday, March 30, 2001 - 09:26 am:

Pederasty involves children. Man, you're weird. You also remind me of a radio personality on WPGC in DC in the mornings. He, too, goes "Eh heh!" when he laughs.

By J on Monday, April 2, 2001 - 02:29 pm:

I thought he might be Canadian,eh.

By Chosen One on Tuesday, April 3, 2001 - 12:06 am:

Rhiannon,

Are you trying to place my carnal knowledge into question!?heh "Pederasty" has more than one meaning!! DOH! The most common definitions: anal sex, homosexuality. Therefore, when you combine auto with pederasty, you then have the act of shtupping onself! In the future, think before you spew!eheh As for this radio person that you speak of!? Sorry, my dial is always tuned to Howie 'bout that sweet Jewish Stern!?eheh Remember, Jews never settle for second best!eh

By Chosen One on Tuesday, April 3, 2001 - 12:12 am:

J,

Did they extend your weekend pass from the local loony bin!?eheh Salmonella, did you sic this meshug on me!?eheheh

By J on Tuesday, April 3, 2001 - 01:25 am:

Yea Chosen One,eheh,for some physical therapy,eheh,I'm going to fuck myself,eheh,what are you doing?Eheh,cough,like Lucy towards the end.

By semillama on Tuesday, April 3, 2001 - 07:59 pm:

I have nothing but pity for you if you think you can take on J. It's been fun swatting back your rhetoric, but you are in for it now if you try to step toe to toe with J.

I was just thinking that you should be in ol' Howard Stern's cast of loonies, when I read about your favorite radio personality. You would fit in great along side High Pitch Eric, Beetlejuice and the rest. Call in and share your wisom, I think I am not alone in wanting to hear that!

By J on Wednesday, April 4, 2001 - 10:53 am:

Thanks Sem:)

By Rob I. on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 02:33 am:

James Dean had to be the greatest actor of all time. In only sixteen months and three films he had the gratest influence on other actors than anyone of his time up until today.He had the sensitivity and vulnerability when needed in Rebel Without A Cause, and the boldness and unwavering strength and conviction in Giant. He was the kind of actor you couldn't take your eyes off and the charisma and presence on screen that you didn't know what he would do next.He was always creating and improvising in every scene. The sad part of his legacy is that we didn't see the best of his greatness. James Dean is and always will be the Greatest Movie Actor Of All Time.His Legacy will live FOREVER.

By Chosen One Returns on Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 10:20 pm:

By Nate on Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 11:39 pm:

"Best movie you ever saw: James Dean: Greatest Actor Of All Time

Chosen One Retu: 11/11, 10:20 pm "

that's so odd.

i saw this earlier with a V post.

i feel the touch of the great one. our god is not dead. he slips between the words. he walks among us.

By Chosen One on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 05:58 pm:

By Nate on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 06:23 pm:

Chosen One,

James Dean sure did drive a porsche like a jew.

XOXOX

By Chosen One Returns on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 06:45 pm:

Nate, as we now know, Dean was not at fault. He was a conscientious drive when need be. As for bad drivers, I would have to nominate Asians!eh Hasidics (Orthodox Jews) can be bad, but never as bad as them! Incidental note: the "Jew" in "Jewish" must always be capitalized. Otherwise, it is to be taken as an ethnic slur. Nate, if you ever want to achieve the status of "Righteous Gentile," you best turn over a new leaf!ehehe -D, NYC "New York City owes its intellectual vitality to the presence of the Jews - the only people in New York who love books with a passionate yearning which transcends their attention to all terrestrial manifestations" - FORD MADOX FORD (British Novelist, "Horizon" - 1926)
    http://www.fact-index.com/n/ne/new_york__new_york.html (New York, New York -
    History of NY - "Capital of The World")
    http://www.archives.nysed.gov/a/researchroom/rr_pgc_jewish_essay.shtml (New
    York Jewish History)
    http://www.nycvisit.com/content/index.cfm?pagePkey=57 (NY & COMPANY - NYC
    Statistics & Fun Facts)

By Chosen One Returns on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 06:46 pm:

Nate, as we now know, Dean was not at fault. He was a conscientious drive when need be. As for bad drivers, I would have to nominate Asians!eh Hasidics (Orthodox Jews) can be bad, but never as bad as them! Incidental note: the "J" in "Jewish" must always be capitalized. Otherwise, it is to be taken as an ethnic slur. Nate, if you ever want to achieve the status of "Righteous Gentile," you best turn over a new leaf!ehehe -D, NYC "New York City owes its intellectual vitality to the presence of the Jews - the only people in New York who love books with a passionate yearning which transcends their attention to all terrestrial manifestations" - FORD MADOX FORD (British Novelist, "Horizon" - 1926)
    http://www.fact-index.com/n/ne/new_york__new_york.html (New York, New York -
    History of NY - "Capital of The World")
    http://www.archives.nysed.gov/a/researchroom/rr_pgc_jewish_essay.shtml (New
    York Jewish History)
    http://www.nycvisit.com/content/index.cfm?pagePkey=57 (NY & COMPANY - NYC
    Statistics & Fun Facts)

By Nate on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 06:47 pm:

my jewish girlfriend is forcing me to get a christmas tree this year.

By kazu on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 07:59 pm:

i hate when that happens.

By Chosen One Returns on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 08:58 pm:

Nate, what else will you have us believe!?eh African-Americans you have met while yachting?eh Italian war heroes?ehe The check is in the mail!?ehe In the unlikely event that you managed to nab a JAP, I sincerely hope that your SHMECKLE is circumcised!eheeh Afterall, we wouldn't want to increase her chances of cervical cancer!eh P.S. What's wrong with a Chanukah Bush?eh No, it's not a sexual euphemism!eh -D, NYC "The basis of successful business is honesty; a business cannot thrive where the parties to it cannot trust each other. In the matter of numbers, the Jew counts for little in the overwhelming population of New York, but that his honesty counts for much is guaranteed by the fact that the immense wholesale business of Broadway, from the Battery to Union Square, is substantially in his hands" - MARK TWAIN

By Nate on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 10:52 pm:

oh shit. i don't have the updated jizmopper script at work.

i didn't realize.

By Nate on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 10:54 pm:

and by the way, we have the perfect JAP house- no kitchen and no bedroom.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact